New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Umpisa na circus! Langya..... Kahit naman walang manghikayat kay Pandak, tatakbo yan sa 2010 eh. Nagmo moro-moro pa sila.

Pansin ko, pag pro-GMA pala mga rallysts, welcome sa Malacanang. Lusot sa mga PSG......

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...un-in-Pampanga

MANILA, Phillipines--If and when, filing her certificate of candidacy (CoC) as representative of Pampanga’s second district will not be a problem for President Macapagal-Arroyo because local officials can do it for her.

That’s according to the incumbent, her elder son Juan Miguel “Mikey” Arroyo, who declared Saturday his willingness to forgo seeking a third term to give way to her candidacy.

“You don’t have to file your [CoC]. Allow these mayors, barangay captains to go to the Comelec (Commission on Elections) and file it for you,” the young Arroyo told his mother in a speech at the Heroes’ Hall in Malacañang.

There is loud talk that Ms Arroyo, whose term as President ends on June 30, will file her CoC on or before the Dec. 1 deadline.

On Friday, her election lawyer Romulo Macalintal said she would file her CoC on Dec. 1 if she decides to run, and that she was not required to personally file it.

But Pampanga Auxiliary Bishop Pablo Virgilio David said Ms Arroyo should not seek the congressional post “in the name of decency and for the sake of propriety.”

“I’d appeal to her not to run and to respect the spirit of the Constitution instead of exploiting the letter of the law, which indeed does not categorically prohibit running for lower positions,” David said.

The bishop is a native of Guagua, one of the six towns in Pampanga’s second district, and is a younger brother of University of the Philippines professor and Inquirer columnist Randy David.

Known for his progressive stance, the bishop said his views had nothing to do with his brother’s plan to challenge Ms Arroyo at the polls.

Mikey Arroyo led a contingent of over 200 mayors, barangay captains and other local officials of Pampanga in a call on his mother in Malacañang.

“My dear mother, in your decision-making, my sentiments must be taken as inconsequential. My political future must be brought to the back seat because as public servants, we have sworn to give our all to our country,” he said in a speech.

“Madame President, I believe that the best service I can give to my constituents, whom I’ve grown to love so much, is urging you not to deny them the privilege of being represented by your person,” he said.

The congressman noted the steady stream of farmers, fisherfolk, businessmen, investors and medium-scale entrepreneurs trooping to the Palace “to express their desire that they be given the privilege of being represented by ... a stateswoman with the stature of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.”

“This, Madame President, my mother, will be the best gift of gratitude you’ll be giving them for all their support not only to you, to me, but our ancestors as well,” he said.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nakanang

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Power can keep you inebriated.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Pansin ko, pag pro-GMA pala mga rallysts, welcome sa Malacanang. Lusot sa mga PSG......
    ]
    I saw it on the news. It was obvious that those "rallysts" are "for hire".

"Lightning rally" my ass. Obvious promotional stunt to make GMA's run for congress look like a "people's request" rather than a desperate attempt to keep some level of political power.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    :puke:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    wtf... :furious::evil:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Grabe na talaga !!

8. Join Date