please merge with the other thread which was created first

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Nation of servants....

Nation of corrupt men......

Ano pa kaya?
    Nation of gaya-gaya

You know we all these copies of Western shows like Pinoy Big Brother etc...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OT: san ka ba naman nakakita ng nakatapos na ng engineering, management, IT or doctor na nagnu-nursing pa? kung ano usong kurso yun ang pinapasukan. kapag, wala na sa uso ulit, lipat na naman. haaay.

hindi education = money, dapat education = learning.

flawed system ftw!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat maging "wake-up" call kay Pandak yan eh. Pero hindi eh, proud pa siya sa nangyayari. At ini-encourage pa nya mga tao na mag-abroad dahil sa kawalan ng trabaho, locally.

"Modern heroes"..........

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    dapat nya ma realize na ang ginagamit at kinakain nya e hinahanda ng katulong nya....bka mainis ang maid nya at kung ano ipakain sa kanya...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The article is a satire. Politically incorrect but written with a sense of humor. As such, pontificating by our lawmakers or doing street protests by leftist elements is not the right action. We must respond through comedy. But who do we have with sufficient wit? Our showbiz politiicians? Dolphy?

The War at Home
    By Chip Tsao

The Russians sank a Hong Kong freighter last month, killing the seven Chinese seamen onboard. We can live with that-—Lenin and Stalin were once the ideological mentors of all Chinese people. The Japanese planted a flag on Diàoyú Island. That's no big problem-—we Hong Kong Chinese love Japanese cartoons, Hello Kitty, and shopping in Shinjuku, let alone our round-the-clock obsession with karaoke.

But hold on-—even the Filipinos? Manila has just claimed sovereignty over the scattered rocks in the South China Sea called the Spratly Islands, complete with a blatant threat from its congress to send gunboats to the South China Sea to defend the islands from China if necessary. This is beyond reproach. The reason: There are more than 130,000 Filipina maids working as US$3,580-a-month cheap labor in Hong Kong. As a nation of servants, you don't flex your muscles at your master, from whom you earn most of your bread and butter.

As a patriotic Chinese man, the news has made my blood boil. I summoned Louisa, my domestic assistant who holds a degree in international politics from the University of Manila, hung a map on the wall, and gave her a harsh lecture. I sternly warned her that if she wants her wages increased next year, she had better tell everyone of her compatriots in Statue Square on Sunday that the entirety of the Spratly Islands belongs to China.

Grimly, I told her that if war breaks out between the Philippines and China, I would have to end her employment and send her straight home, because I would not risk the crime of treason for sponsoring an enemy of the state by paying her to wash my toilet and clean my windows 16 hours a day. With that money, she would pay taxes to her Government, and they would fund a navy to invade our motherland and deeply hurt my feelings.

Oh yes. The Government of the Philippines would certainly be wrong if they think we Chinese are prepared to swallow their insult and sit back and lose a Falkland Islands War in the Far East. They may have Barack Obama and the hawkish American military behind them, but we have a hostage in each of our homes in the Mid-Levels or higher. Some of my friends told me they have already declared a state of emergency at home. Their maids have been made to shout 'China, Madam/Sir' loudly whenever they hear the word "Spratly". They say the indoctrination is working as wonderfully as when we used to shout, "Long live Chairman Mao!" at the sight of a portrait of our Great Leader during the Cultural Revolution. I’m not sure if that's going a bit too far, at least for the time being.
    http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/infochat/...834&scid=hm_bl
    (This is a secondhand source. The original article in the HK Magazine Online is no longer available.)
    Last edited by donbuggy; March 31st, 2009 at 03:00 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pansinin nyo karamihan ng mga mag-anak ng mga matataas na tao sa gobyerno nasa States na kahit yung mga artista balak rin manirahan nalang dun sa US. Iiwan na nila tayo at hahayaan nalang mabulok dito.

Kaso likas na maawain talaga mga Pilipino kaya iboboto uli sila tsaka idadaan nalang sa nood ng TV at FW stations (na puro mga slapstick/okray comedy) ang problema .

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    as if may magagawa ang pilipinas pag ginera ng china
    we were joking around sa office a few months back, on how china would utterly destroy the philippines in an invasion style war like "red dawn", hehehe.

sabi nung isa kong ofcmate... eh kung suntukan na lang ng mga sundalo, wala na baril, suguro mas may chance tayo! (galing sa basagan ng ulo mga marines natin).

sabi ko, oo nga, kaso naman, ilang milyon ang sundalo ng china! baka maging 10:1 labanan nyan talo pa rin, eh tas may kung fu pa sila, hehhehe

the article was meant to be tongue in cheek... there is no way a fellow like that could be so utterly insensitive. it's like jeremy clarkson, offending the sensibilities of people but being funny at the same time (at least i think he is). for all we know he may have a domestic helper who his family loves dearly and has been them for years.

baka naawa sya sa pinay maid nya, and he's trying to spur our government into action? naks...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just shows how stupid some people are...

"If Filipinos stop going to Hong Kong, their economy would collapse. I propose a six-month, nay a one-year boycott of Hong Kong and let's see what happens to their shops and hotels. We can do without going to HK and HK products," Golez said.
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/154859/E...rvants-comment

If we boycott them and they retaliate and boycott us. Darwinian principle states that we still lose Survival of the fittest! What if China stops investing here? Mas malaki impact nun kaysa we stop sending maids over there...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And don't expect the US to help the Philippines if nagkaroon ng gera. The US is so dependent on China especially now in their economic crisis. We give nothing to the US but illegal immigrants who use travel visas and then TNT , China lend a lot of money to the US. Hundreds of Billions...

[Merged]HK columnists calls RP "nation of servants"