New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who will you vote this may 2010?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Villar

12 15.38%
  • Joseph 'Erap' Estrada

2 2.56%
  • Benigno 'Noynoy' Aquino

37 47.44%
  • Jamby Madrigal

2 2.56%
  • Chiz Escudero

4 5.13%
  • Loren legarda

0 0%
  • Noli 'Kabayan' De Castro

0 0%
  • Bayani 'BF' Fernando

11 14.10%
  • Gilbert 'Gibo' Teodoro

10 12.82%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Katakot pa minsan pag abogado....Si FG abugado kaya kita n'yo.....magaling at mahusay rin

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    possible pala magkaroon ng dalawang 2nd placer at the same bar exams? exact same score?
    yes, that is possible kung tied ang grades ng dalawa or more examinees... pero ang di ko sure kung accurate yung previous post

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    not a best choice. i go with Villar haha! my best choice is Ferdinand M. Marcos, but i don't know when will he rise from his tomb ehehe! Goodluck Philippines!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    When somebody asked James Madison, the father of the Constitution, how such a crippled and restricted government could be expected to function, he replied: “But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary.” (From an essay entitled "Cause of Corruption")

As a good lawyer Gibo most likely adheres to the principle that one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a competent court. Besides, he came in to the Cabinet fairly recently only as an outsider. I don't think he's included in the inner circle of the President.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Based on credentials, executive experience, ability to communicate and sterling academic record (Bar topnotcher and Harvard LLM) hands down GIBO appears to be the best choice. Also his decisiveness is reflected in proclaiming his presidential aspiration without waiting for his popularity to rise which is in contrast to those who sit on the fence of vacillation waiting for the perfect circumstances.

Only drawback is that Gilbert unabashedly sought the support of a very unpopular president. On his own, he's one president if elected, I think, we can be proud of.
    Teodoro for me
    Gibo Teodoro, the Secretary of RPs National SELF-Defense, also a pilot of PAF flying coffin. They couldnt even terminate those pests in Mindanao as well as the NPAs. They order military offensive (or defensive) on installment basis with high interest , i.e., lives of soldiers.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Solid Noynoy ako.
    Nung di sya kasali solid di ako boboto kahit na kanino dun sa mga ungas.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Let us see kung ma sustain ni NOYNOY ang lead hanggang may 2010.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    A)kanididato na Magaling na abugado + ayaw dungisan ang pangalan = panalo!!

B) Kandidato na magaling na abugado + anything goes = naku may experience na tayo dyan

C)Kandidato na hindi abugado + ayaw dungisan ang pangalan = mas pwede na kasa sa choice B

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Gibo Teodoro, the Secretary of RPs National SELF-Defense, also a pilot of PAF flying coffin. They couldnt even terminate those pests in Mindanao as well as the NPAs. They order military offensive (or defensive) on installment basis with high interest , i.e., lives of soldiers.
    Sec. Teodoro in a recent forum explained that ASG like many Islamic terrorist are actually supported by mostly gun-loving, trigger happy relatives including those at a very young age. ASG use human shield (their very own children, sisters and mothers which prevented AFP from bombarding their camps. Teodoro said that they could have lessen our casualties if he had ordered the bombing of the villages coddling the ASG. But he was aware that this would mean a lot of muslim civilian casualties which might cause serious international damage and possible muslim backlash. Kung tingin kasi ng mga Arab muslims na argabyado yung mga brods nila dito tiyak na mas malaki ang simpatiya at suportang makukuha ng ASG sa mga yun.

Logistics wise, we have the smallest, lowest budget, most ill-equipped army fighting against the most pervasive, longest lasting, most diverse enemies in the region. And AFP has the tasked of supposedly protecting an archipelago of over 7.100 islands (60% are populated and can be used as hideouts) over 1.6 million square kilometers of land and water.

Our armed forces is also one of the most politicized and thus most fragmented. Our military culture is one of the most corrupt and many officers are truly greedy (like selling arms and ammo to enemies).

On top of all these, Department of National Defense has the extra duty during disasters in a country with most typhoons, landslides and earthquakes.

It is against this background and the short time Sec. Teodoro held the helm at DND that should be the basis of judging his achievements or failures. Also, consider that he came outside the establishment and had to learn on the job one of the most difficult Cabinet portfolio.

War is much more complicated than what we see in the movies and how it's played up in the media: body bag counts.

With what Gibo has demonstrated in his short stint at the DND together with his credentials, I think, he has the making of a great president. And because a good president is not good enough for this very sick country of ours, I go for Gibo.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
May 2010 Presidential Election