New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    lagot na naman ang bansang Pilipinas........

AS the whispers grew louder, it became apparent that Kristina Bernadette “Kris” Aquino, president Benigno Aquino 3rd’s youngest sister, has set her eyes on the second highest position in the land in 2016.

According to Archbishop emeritus Oscar Cruz, former president of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), that this information was confirmed by credible sources from within the present administration.

“Formerly, it was only in whispers. Now, it has become more commonly said and heard that the youngest sister of the President of the Republic will also run as vice president [VP] of the Republic come 2016,” Cruz said.

He revealed that the rumor started circulating as three months ago and has recently been reiterated by his sources from the administration.

“I’m not saying that she will do it in 2016. I’m just saying that, up to now, this is what is being said,” the retired prelate said.

Strong chances
    When asked if the movie and television actress has a strong chance of succeeding Vice President Jejomar Binay, Cruz answered in the affirmative.

“She’s an actress and the Filipino electorate, in general, likes actors and actresses. Like Sen. Lito Lapid . . . if she’s going to run, let her run because it takes so little to qualify for public office from the local to the national level,” he said.

Cruz called on Aquino and her allies to address the issue squarely to “appease” the public.

“Those concerned better address this matter. If its not true, then they should say it, so that it will stop once and for all. But if there is silence, that means there is consent,” he noted.

When asked if it’s good for the country to have another Aquino in public office, Cruz answered: “Then the [political] dynasty issue will be more affirmed.”

Previously, the young Aquino dropped hints that if ever she would decide to enter politics, it will be within the bounds of her home province.

“I feel naman na bilang isang Aquino, whatever political career I hope to have in the future, it has to start in Tarlac,” she said.

Just talk
    Talks about the younger Aquino’s supposed plan to run for vice president were rife as early as a year ago, but the ruling Liberal Party is not taking it into consideration, a party insider said.

The source, who is a personal friend of the President for more than a decade, made the disclosure in light of Cruz’s revelation.

“There have been talks in the Palace about her running for VP around a year ago, but all of those were just talks,” the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of lack of authority to speak on the matter, said.

Rep. Romero Quimbo of Marikina City, Team PNoy spokesman, somehow confirmed the ruling party’s nonchalance in Kris’ political plans.

“That is news to me. I’ve always sat in major party meetings. That has never been discussed,” Quimbo, who also serves as the house deputy majority leader, said in a text message to The Manila Times.

Another Liberal Party member, Rep. Teddy Baguilat of Ifugao province, corroborated Quimbo’s claims.

“There is no top level LP agreement about LP candidates for 2016 thus far and I don’t think the President would endorse an immediate relative for Vice President. It is not ethical and outside the bounds of his straight path platform,” Baguilat, chairman of the House Committee on National Cultural Communities, pointed out.

The ruling party is chaired by President Aquino, while its acting president is Transportation and Communications Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Oh my goodness! So that's what all the crying is about!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    mas gugustuhin ko pa sakupin ang bansa natin ng mga tsekwa kesa maging president si nognog at vp naman si kris.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^ malamang nga isa na yan sa preparation....umaasa pa rin ako na ang mga Pilipino hindi magiging bobo pag dumating ang oras na yun.

Maybe "charm" kasi alam nila may tulog si Mar kay Nogy

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Oh my goodness! So that's what all the crying is about!
    pity vote.. it already became the Aquino trademark.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    naku... sasama nalang ako sa mga rebelde pag nanalo to!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    mas gugustuhin ko pa sakupin ang bansa natin ng mga tsekwa kesa maging president si nognog at vp naman si kris.
    sir, napaka discriminatory naman ng term na ginamit mo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sino ang pres. si mirriam... vice si cris aquino

malilipat sa mandaluyong ang Malacañang nyan....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pag nagkataon, lahat ng mga taong nabanggit doon sa "Most Hated Showbiz Personalities" Thread
    will be Cabinet Members. Tsk- tsk- tsk... Onli in da Pilipins...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    sir, napaka discriminatory naman ng term na ginamit mo.
    you expect me to be nice to people trying to invade our country? have you seen what they posted on other websites and forums? they're calling filipinos cockroaches.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast