New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,270
    #1
    Kahit di pa sinabi ni JDVIII...malaki na hinala ko na si Jose Pidal ang 'mystery man'...kaya ganon nalang ka lakas ni Abalos murahin si JDVIII...kasi alam nya kung sino nagbaback up sa kanya....kaya di talaga uulad ang pinas...kung sino nasa pwesto...kanya kanyang kurakot....i really wish the next president would deal with these scams....

    di nakapagtataka na meron death threats kay JDVIII...

    from: http://services.inquirer.net/express...89222-xml.html

    Mike Arroyo is ‘mystery man’ in NBN deal--De Venecia son

    September 18, 2007
    Updated 11:03:52 (Mla time)
    Veronica Uy
    INQUIRER.net


    (UPDATE 3) MANILA, Philippines -- First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo is the “mystery man” behind talks in the National Broadband Network project, the son of Speaker Jose de Venecia Jr. revealed to the Senate Tuesday.

    Jose de Venecia III, whose company the Amsterdam Holdings Inc. (AHI) participated and lost in the bidding, said that in his first meeting with the First Gentleman at the Wack-Wack Golf and Country Club in Mandaluyong City in March, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s husband allegedly told him to “back off” from the NBN project.

    “Back off meant iwanan mo na itong proyekto [leave this project],” De Venecia III said when asked what the First Gentleman meant.

    De Venecia said others present in that meeting were Commission on Elections Chairman Benjamin Abalos, Transportation Secretary Leandro Mendoza; Jimmy Paz, Abalos' chief of staff; Quirino Dela Torre, Abalos' security staff and former police official, Ruben Reyes, and Leo San Miguel.

    The $329 million contract was eventually forged between the government and the ZTE Corp. of China, which according to the young De Venecia was brokered by Abalos.

    Earlier on Tuesday, the Senate said it would issue a subpoena ad testificandum to Mendoza, Trade Secretary Peter Favila, and Romulo Neri, chairman of the Commission on Higher Education; and to Mr. Yu Yong of ZTE Corp.

    Senator Francis Escudero filed the motion before the blue ribbon committee investigating the issue, which was seconded by Senate Minority Floor Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr.

    Pimentel and Senator Panfilo Lacson scored the departure of the First Gentleman on the eve of their inquiry.

    Asked to comment, Pimentel said: "Flight is a sign of guilt."

    Aside from De Venecia III, also at the inquiry are Philippine Star columnist Jarius Bondoc, former commissioner Ramon Sales of the Commission on Information and Communication Technology, and Iloilo Vice Governor Rolex Suplico.
    Last edited by explorer; September 18th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

  2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,808
    #2
    and now he's out of the country... flew this morning!

    hayyy.... passive pinoys!

  3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,808
    #3
    as i have heard in the radio this morning :

    MISTERI MAN ay ang MISTER NI MAM!

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    19,468
    #4
    Kung si FG ang the Big One na sinasabi ni Lacson, sino kaya yung the Small One?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,382
    #5
    Ang saya-saya! What goes around comes around. I wonder if this'll ever go to trial, just like the last President. Tsk Tsk!

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #6
    there's already an existing ZTE deal thread... don't create multiple threads dealing with the same topic. merging this later.

Jose Pidal is the 'mystery man'