New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^yes supply and demand...

As I said, once "winter" kicks in, the goal is tumaas ang demand sa Europe/US/China for Global prices to go up.

Prices did not go up in Q1 (2018)... So everyone is hoping for the global price to increase in Q4, otherwise it's almost a lost year (again) for the energy sector

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ^yes supply and demand...

As I said, once "winter" kicks in, the goal is tumaas ang demand sa Europe/US/China for Global prices to go up.

Prices did not go up in Q1 (2018)... So everyone is hoping for the global price to increase in Q4, otherwise it's almost a lost year (again) for the energy sector

the article posted by SE is specifically talking about future demand for low sulfur diesel when ships around the world have to start using it

sa year 2020 pa yan

itong pag taas ng pump prices recently is coz oil prices have bounced back

nothing to do with the article

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a lot of things can happen between now and 2020

if the global economy slows down (including the US) in 2019 global demand for crude will fall

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the article posted by SE is specifically talking about future demand for low sulfur diesel when ships around the world have to start using it

sa year 2020 pa yan

itong pag taas ng pump prices recently is coz oil prices have bounced back

nothing to do with the article
    Ships are already using Low Sulfur bunkers... Halos sa international waters na lang nila nagagamit and normal bunkers.

As for the current prices of Oil, as I said last time I checked it's still below $80 per barrel...

If you just look at the West side of Singapore, I think there are 4 oil rigs waiting as the current market cannot justify their operation... Some countries need oil to reach $100/barrel, I think Venezuela needs it to be at $130...

It's presently below $80.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a global slowdown will hit diesel more coz it's the commercial/industrial fuel

--

outlook for higher diesel price is not 100% certain

-

protectionism / trade war will slow down global trade which will slow down global container shipping

less ships criss-crossing the world, less demand for fuel

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ships are already using Low Sulfur bunkers... Halos sa international waters na lang nila nagagamit and normal bunkers.

As for the current prices of Oil, as I said last time I checked it's still below $80 per barrel...

If you just look at the east side of Singapore, I think there are 4 oil rigs waiting as the current market cannot justify their operation... Some countries need oil to reach $100/barrel, I think Venezuela needs it to be at $130...

It's presently below $80.

yes brent is a little under $80 which is multi-year high

brent recovered from the low 70s recently

that's why pump prices increased recently

what is your point?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what is your point?
    The multi-year high is still way below where it needs to be.

Prices should go up, otherwise it will just turn to a bigger problem later...

It's less than $80 right now... For "world peace" oil prices must go higher.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    you keep saying oil is under $80

so what's your point?

oil is cheap?

it hasn't been this expensive since 2015

it's obviously hurting the Philippines which got used to $40/$50 oil for some time

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The multi-year high is still way below where it needs to be.

Prices should go up, otherwise it will just turn to a bigger problem later...

It's less than $80 right now... For "world peace" oil prices must go higher.
    as if fiscal breakeven is the only determining factor

maybe you've forgotten recent developments

when oil reached 80 and stayed there, OPEC+Russia decided to increase output

which caused oil prices to pull back

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    coz if oil prices went higher it would cause demand destruction and oil prices would fall

they need to maintain a price high enough to make money but not too high to kill demand

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast