New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: Senate's verdict on CJ

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

    58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

    9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

    2 2.90%
Page 88 of 421 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 4205
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #871
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    People who are not schooled in the law and who necessarily do not understand the intricate legal disputes, are carried away by public denouncements of the alleged irregularities in the decisions of the High Court which, under our civil law, are part of the law of our land as binding precedents - Philippine Trial Judges Legue
    Tell them to take their righteous ass somewhere else, mga palpak sila kamo. And if they think SC and them are above, then tell them to take their **** with them as well.

    By the way my Dad's good friend since his college days is also a Judge. Nag kukwento yun ng baho ng justice system ng pinas. Kaya utang na loob wag silang masyadong malinis.

    Ingit nga si Jingoy laki daw ng discount oh.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #872
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    But it only became a decision after the concurrence of the majority of the Supreme Court Justices, and the decisions of the High Court, under our civil law, are part of the law of our land as binding precedents. The duty, not merely the power, to settle actual controversies and to interpret the law is given by the Constitution to the Judiciary, a co-equal branch of the Executive and Legislative Departments.
    Too self serving kamo no.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,383
    #873
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    People who are not schooled in the law and who necessarily do not understand the intricate legal disputes, are carried away by public denouncements of the alleged irregularities in the decisions of the High Court which, under our civil law, are part of the law of our land as binding precedents - Philippine Trial Judges Legue
    Blah blah blah...

    People who are not schooled in Math do not realize that the assets do not match his earnings.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #874
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Blah blah blah...

    People who are not schooled in Math do not realize that the assets do not match his earnings.
    Eh nandun naman daw sa 2010 na SALN.

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    36,799
    #875
    Nag shift na burden of proof sa defense...

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,872
    #876
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    But it only became a decision after the concurrence of the majority of the Supreme Court Justices, and the decisions of the High Court, under our civil law, are part of the law of our land as binding precedents. The duty, not merely the power, to settle actual controversies and to interpret the law is given by the Constitution to the Judiciary, a co-equal branch of the Executive and Legislative Departments.
    Yes. And I'm sure that's the same kind of self-serving "collegial" logic which will enable the SC to subvert every Constitutional prohibition there is. Another example of this is the way the SC absolved one of its own for plagiarism (Justice Del Castillo), again using elegant prose to justify what was intellectual dishonesty.

    Making bad decisions binding legal precedents, like the case decided by Justice Bersamin, et al, makes jurisprudence all the more repugnant to the intent of the Constitution, one of which is to limit the ability of the President to make appointments right before an election as part of a system of checks and balances.

    The so-called "duty" to settle actual controversies and "interpret the law" gave way to personal and collective interest on the part of the members of the Corona Court.

    That's just grand. Disappointing and grand.
    Last edited by Altis6453; January 31st, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #877
    Wrong post ...
    Last edited by CoDer; January 31st, 2012 at 12:49 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #878
    I hope prosecution is doing their homework on Charina. For sure defense will use her as alibi.

    "It was Charina's money your honor."

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    36,799
    #879
    Just ask the BIR to file criminal charger for non payment of taxes to all of corona's family members.

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    #880
    heheh.. nagback fire na naman ung witness ng prosecution sa kanila

    the discount given is due to the typhoon havoc of the unit . Megaworld voluntarily reduced the price


    JPE to prosecution : The impression of this court is that you do not believe your witness.


    Cuevas: Your honor the question is being repetitive
    Enrile: Mr Defense counsel please bear with the prosecution.
    Last edited by jansky; January 31st, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..