• i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 32 of 422 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sana makabawi ang prosecution mamaya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd reserve any conclusions as to the competence of the prosecution until they start the presentation of their evidence. The conduct of the trial is entirely up to them since they are in control of the quantity and quality of testimonial and documentary evidence to be presented in support of the 8 articles of impeachment.

That said, it's a gamble for them to immediately present evidence in support of Art. 2 or the allegations of graft and corruption. Ordinarily, trial practitioners would reserve the strongest legal arguments and the supporting evidence towards the end of their presentation to leave a lasting impression on the minds of the judges. Also, it did smack of amateur night on the part of the prosecution to be presenting photocopies of documents (i.e. titles) instead of the certified true copies.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would be a great honor to be an opposing counsel to Justice Cuevas. Always professional and you can even learn a thing or two on trial practice and cross examination.

They don't make lawyers like that anymore.
    Last edited by Altis6453; January 18th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One senator stood out this early - SP Enrile... 89 yrs old na pero galling pa rin

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's only because Miriam Defensor Santiago was out with an illness.

People forget she was a Regional Trial Court Judge before she became a politician and she was actually good at that. That said, I would agree that JPE has done well of late...despite his checkered past.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm wondering what happened to joker arroyo, the past few years he became a GMA apologist...ever since the KAMPI bankrolled his senate reelection he became soft, nawala na yun "pag bad ka lagot ka".

Bagay na Bagay na Sa Kanya nickname niya, he's now more of a joke than anything else.

He's only claim to fame now is that he's supposedly the trifties senator..but if you'll think about it he's also spending the same amount allocated for staffs when other senators have 20-30 staff and he has only 2 or 3...saan na punta yun budget?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    without enrile... there is no senate....

imagine senate of the Philippines without enrile?? imagine na wala na choice kung di si lito lapid ang gawin senate president?? patay tayo dyan....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've lost faith in Joker Arroyo a long time ago.

For a former activist turned politician, he certainly got swallowed up by the very system he fought against by turning a blind eye to a lot of crap, i.e. lack of transparency, violations of civil rights, electoral fraud, graft and corruption ---- all on a large scale. Maybe he shares more than just a surname with GMA and Fat Bastard.

At the very least, I expected him to speak up against such sensational issues like EO 464 and the NBN-ZTE Broadband Deal, but he did not. It all points to one thing ---- he's been at it too long. He should just give up being a senator and become a critic. You don't need a whole lot of cred for being one.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    'Blunder' sa trial, hindi na mauulit - Rep. Tupas

Nais na umanong isantabi ng House prosecution panel ang anila'y maliit na aberya sa kanilang panig kaugnay sa ikalawang araw ng impeachment trial laban kay Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona.

Ayon kay lead House prosecutor Niel Tupas Jr., ang mahalaga ay natuto sila ng leksyon at kailangan nilang mag-move on.

Ngayong araw, nakatakda umanong isalang ng prosecution ang ilang testigo na magpapatunay sa "authenticity" ng mga mga dokumentong kanilang ipipresenta sa impeachment court.

"Ganyan talaga, may mga pagkakamali, but the lesson here is you move on," ayon kay Iloilo Rep. Niel Tupas.

Maliban dito, magkakaroon din umano ng pagbabago sa pagkakasalansan ng mga articles of impeachment na kanilang isasalang.

Kahapon, mistulang naging kahiya-hiya ang prosecution panel matapos na amining hindi sila handang iprisinta ang unang artikulo ng impeachment o ang usapin ng partiality ni Corona sa mga kaso ni dating Pangulong Gloria Arroyo, kung kaya't ipinilit nilang tumalon sa isyu ng Article 2.

Source: bomboradyo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    langhya, mas kinabahan ako ngayon sa statement ni Tupas.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..