New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by justansweritplz View Post
    A lot of Filipinos on YouTube blame the US for why Manila turned from this:

To this:

A lot of Filipinos are still angry that their beautiful city was reduced to rubble and never rebuilt. If so, why don't Filipinos take revenge and destroy LA or San Francisco to make themselves feel better?

how many of you folks know what "chesterfield" is?
    (roof signage on the building at the other side of the river, facing post office)

the americans left us to do our thing, over 70 years ago.
    if manila hasn't yet been rebuilt to your liking today, it's not their fault. it's ours. ( are you... part of 'ours' ? )
    Last edited by dr. d; July 25th, 2019 at 12:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    MacArthur could have fought and delayed the Japanese at Manila in 1942. But, he chose to make Manila an open city and spare it the destruction, retreating to Bataan instead.

When the US was poised to retake Manila, Yamashita ordered his troops to abandon Manila as well and regroup elsewhere. But, the Japanese marines refused and chose Manila as the place to make their last stand instead.

What was the alternative? Leave Manila in Japanese hands?

Regardless whether the PH was in US hands or not, the Japanese would have taken the PH because it was in an ideal position to protect Japanese supply routes from and to Southeast Asia. Look at a map of the region.
    hey!
    apparently, we read the same books...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Parang na train ng ISIS itong si TS... gustong ma convert tsikoters as terrorist para kalabanin ang western... yan yung mga tactics ng mga terrorist para makuha loob... hatred ang investment...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Parang na train ng ISIS itong si TS... gustong ma convert tsikoters as terrorist para kalabanin ang western... yan yung mga tactics ng mga terrorist para makuha loob... hatred ang investment...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    ...hindi naman siguro 4th iteration ni kags and OB...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Andito na rin ang propaganda ni bff sa tsikot?

Welcome to the Pilipins, probins op ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the yankee imperialist weren't in your country, your people would have been spared, ever thought of that? And not only the ones who were affected during WW2 but the ones who were affected with your war for independence with the US. Did you forget:

That is why I can't wait for the US to get its comeuppance and you should too!
    So how do you explain the japanese occupation of Korea and China? Do you blame that on the yankees, too?

Japan invaded the Philippines becase we were on the way between japan and borneo (specifically, Balikpapan), which was the oil producing region of south east asia at the time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would never choose to live in such a horrible rotting country even if that means death for me! The only way I would choose to live there is when the vermin there have been exterminated and the poor nations, who have been hurt by them, have divided the remains of their country.

Why? Did the Chinese do this to you:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or perhaps this:

Come back to me when they do.
    You want me to hate for something that happened 121 years ago? In a war that was viciously fought by both sides? The american prisoners of the katipunan fared no better that the one being water boarded. The katipuneros took every chance they had to be as hospitable as their american adversaries were.

But that was 121 years ago, 1898.

How about the NOW? You want me to side by china when NOW our fisherman can not even fish in Bajo de Masinloc? When your (yes, i suspect you to be chinese) white boats chase our fishermen, confiscating their catch while the chinese fishermen take evreything including the corrals? You want me to like the chinese?

121 years ago our enemy was america. 77 years ago it was the japanese. TODAY, it is you, China!
    Last edited by yebo; July 25th, 2019 at 02:05 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream.......

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hey!
    apparently, we read the same books...
    You like them Brit books too? (Ballantine books). I've been reading them since I was 8.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Is that so? Did the Philippines look the same after they rebuilt you?

And by the way, many Europeans consider the Marshall plan a mistake.
    Restoration happened and it may not be the exact thing before the war that's because changes were introduced or due to limitation of funds due to inflation. Inflation sky rocketed during the war

How can the plan to rebuild Europe be a mistake? It helped Europe get back on its feet especially west Germany

The Russians didnt rebuild east Germany as russian cities are devastated as well. Russian resources were dedicated to russians. The east germans rebuilt their part of Germany with minimal assistance from the russians

Taking the side of china now is a huge mistake. Chinese effort to get resources from west philippines sea is dedicated to the billion chinese and not Filipinos. Imagine the notion that Filipinos will have to import the fish caught in our exclusive economic zone. Import the oil resources gathered in it as well

Its dumb to import what is rightfully ours, dont you think?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; July 25th, 2019 at 08:06 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
If Americans destroyed Manila during WW2, why didn't the Filipinos do the same to an American city?