New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sense?

MANILA, Philippines—Stung by Education Secretary Armin Luistro’s swift rejection of his bill that would stop the overloading of schoolbags, Sen. Lito Lapid went nostalgic about his humble origins to defend his bill.
    “If only I did not go through such hard labor in the mountain—I was a wood gatherer and I carried sugar cane when I was young—I should have been taller because the Lapids are very big. I should have been taller than my father who was 5 (feet) 11 (inches),” said the 5’9” Lapid.
    “This is from my own experience. Because I carried heavy wood and sugar cane, I became smaller as it probably had an effect on my spinal column. I don’t want other kids to suffer the same with the heavy bags they are forced to carry to school. They still have very young bones, do you want them to get a bent spinal column?”
    In his bill, Lapid proposed that schools limit the maximum load of schoolbags to 15 percent of a student’s body weight. Schools should provide weighing scales to implement this regulation. He also proposed that schools provide more lockers and buy thinner and lighter textbooks.
    The former movie actor cited a study purportedly showing that a growing number of pupils had developed back deformities from carrying heavy backpacks in school.
    Too many laws
    Luistro told reporters earlier that he found Lapid’s Senate Bill No. 2179 too trivial to require enactment into law.
    Luistro said the problem of overloading schoolbags could easily be addressed by the school principal and the parents themselves.
    “If we pass too many laws, nobody will believe in our laws anymore. I think a simple news item on this topic is enough,” Luistro said with a mocking laughter.
    But Lapid was not amused by Luistro’s reaction belittling his bill, “an act limiting the amount of weight of bags carried by children in school and implementing proactive measures to protect school children’s health from the adverse effect of heavy schoolbag.”
    “What’s wrong with that? If he thinks it’s too shallow, well, he is the one who is shallow for not recognizing this problem,” Lapid said.
    The senator said he got the idea from his “cabalen,” or province mate, Pampanga Rep. Carmelo “Tarzan” Lazatin.
    Solutions not reminders
    Speaking in Filipino, Lapid said the problem of heavy backpacks could not be addressed by mere memos or reminders to school principals and teachers as the current situation showed they had ignored the school children’s plight.
    “He won’t be a secretary forever and I won’t be a senator forever, so we can’t just rely on reminders. We need to have a permanent solution to this, this is for our children and grandchildren.”
    Lapid said Luistro’s reaction was nothing new since the Department of Education also derided his previous bill advocating the supply of school desks for left-handed students.
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...tter-for-Lapid

:bokmal:
    Last edited by Taurus; September 28th, 2010 at 10:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    saka dapat lang magbuhat ng mabibigat na schoolbags ang mga bata para hindi gano tumaba

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    dito sa cavite merong school lahat ng gamit iniiwan sa school di pina uuwi sa bata,

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Who were those loonies that voted him into the Senate AGAIN anyways?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    at na-reelect pa

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post

Yung mga squatters na nagra-rally near Trinoma...........

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pano ba mag embed?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bpd9otWiA"]YouTube - JULIO VALIENTE[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    isang malaking kalokohan! nasa bata na yun kung balak nya magpasikat at magdala ng sangkaterbang libro or hindi... kanya kanyang diskarte yan ng kabataan.

Di naman kailangang dalin mo lahat ng libro mo eh. Tulad nung nagaaral pa ako ang ginawa naming magbabarkada/kaibigan ay hinati hati namin kung sino sino magdadala ng libro lets say

student 1: ang dala nya math, english, filipino
    student 2: ang dala nya history, science, H.E.

parang ganun.. kanya kanyang diskarte yan eh..

waste of time yang bill na yan, waste of time sa pagrereview para sa mga mambabatas etc. etc..

bat di nalang siya gumawa ng batas para mabawasan ang mga mapangaping mahihirap na yan? yung mga illegal squatters na yan. saka yung mga batas na mas makakapagpaunlad sa ating pilipinas tulad ng pagbibigay ng tax incentives kapag ang company/person ay gumamit ng renewable source of energy etc., etc. etc.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Siguro nung pumpasok pa school lito lapid, yellow pad lang dala na nakasuksuk sa likod ng bulsa. :bwahaha:

Tapos manghihiram na lang ng ballpen sa classmate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Heavy bags no laughing matter for Lapid