The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    masarap kasi ang pinya
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    they get mindanao...next...visayas.......Putong Inamoy Nyo!!! saksakin ko kayo ng pinya!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    kung visayas na, hindi na pinya. si ruffa na yun

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MILF is a terrorist group not far from ASG or NPA, for me the rule is no peace talk, no deal with them, just give 'em a hell they deserve like the way they kill and burn the houses in Lanao and bomb Iligan City.We should be asking ourselves "is this the group we should talk to?" hell no!. Just equip our soldiers with the best equipment in the world and the above mentioned groups will be hiding, AFP give 'em a big knock out punch in their face

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Military officer texted ‘sorry’ to wife before dying
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...e-before-dying

By Nestor P. Burgos Jr.
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 20:03:00 08/19/2008

ILOILO CITY, Philippines— In a final act of love, Lieutenant Colonel Angel Benitez sent a text message to his wife on Sunday, just hours before he was killed by Moro rebels in Lanao del Norte.

"Ma, I'm sorry for all the pains I brought you," he said to Maria Elena or "Cookie."

She did not understand the message then because her husband did not elaborate. But on Monday, she received a phone call with the news that her husband was among those killed in the attacks launched by Moro Islamic Liberation Front rebels.

The family, already used to the long absences of Benitez because of his various assignments, is still coming to terms with the fact that he will never come home again.

Cookie, 37, said she found it difficult to answer the questions of their four children, aged 9 to 15, especially on how their father died.

Her husband's death was among the things that she prepared herself since they got married 16 years ago. But she was still in denial that her worst fear had come true.

"It is so untimely. He was with us just last week," a weeping Cookie told the Philippine Daily Inquirer at the family residence in the village of Tabuc Suba in Jaro District here.

Benitez, 40, visited his family for around two weeks and left last week for his new assignment in Lanao.

Reserved and silent, the respected combat and intelligence officer was unusually talkative during a party at their house last August 8.

"He was so lively and he kept on talking," Cookie said.

Just before he left, he made sure that the fence of their house and a concrete protection from flooding were completed. Their house was among those damaged by the flooding brought by typhoon "Frank" last June 21.

"Pag nawala ako, safe kayo (You will be safe, even if I'm gone)," he told his family when the repairs were done.

With her husband's death, Cookie is holding on to the encouraging words her husband gave her in raising their family while he was mostly away in the field.

"He always told me I was a ‘superwoman’ because I can do anything. Perhaps it was his way of making me strong and making up for his absence," said Cookie.

Cookie said her husband was a "perfect soldier" who was devoted to his career even at the cost of his time with his family.

But he also tried hard to become a good father and husband in the limited time he was with them.

He would visit them every two or four months and stay from 10 days to two weeks.

But when he was with them, Benitez would devote his time bringing their kids to school.

Cookie said her husband had to miss important events like their children's first communion and some school affairs. He could not even be at her side when she was going on labor because of his work.

But he was happiest when he could be part of these events.

"He was so happy when he was able to attend the oath-taking ceremony of our three children who won in the student council elections," she said.

Ever the military man, Benitez could be strict with their children, which prompted his wife to remind him at times that he was at home and not in a military camp.

But for the past three years, he was more demonstrative of his affections for his children and took more time to be closer with them.

Cookie said he had been preparing for the debut party of their 15-year-old eldest child and only daughter three years in advance of her 18th birthday.

Cookie described her husband as a "perfectionist" who wanted to be at top, just like his military colleagues. He constantly urged their children to excel, to be at the top of their classes, and not to settle for second.

A native of Naguilian town in La Union and a member of the Philippine Military Academy Class of 1990, Benitez topped various courses and trainings that he underwent. He also had a master's degree in public administration at the University of Iloilo.

"I was attracted to him when he was still a PMA cadet because he was so smart," said Cookie.

The seasoned and bemedaled combat officer also loved to cook and was good in preparing Ilocano dishes.

"He was the one who encouraged me to eat vegetables," Cookie said.

With his death, the care and upbringing of their children has fallen on Cookie's shoulders.

"I still think that he would just show up at our gate and tell us that he survived," she said.

The remains of the slain officer arrived at the Iloilo airport on Tuesday, met by Cookie, relatives and her husband's fellow soldiers.

Cookie said she would always be proud of her husband's heroism though she wished that it was not at the cost of his life.

But his heroism is not lost on three of their sons who have said that they also want to enroll in the PMA and follow in their father's footsteps despite the disapproval of their mother.

Cookie said that when her husband was alive, she always prepared the best parties for him.

"I will give him the best burial. My only regret is that I wasn't able to say my last 'I love you.'"
    -----

Sana ipabasa ito sa mga Sen. Madrigal and Escudero, Gabriela, KMU etc....Ang hilig nila magreklamo sa budget ng AFP, ilang SAR helo sana nabili ng PhAF.
    Last edited by jonski; August 19th, 2008 at 11:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingking View Post
    why not just let them blow off steam. happens to the best of us lalo na pag na-junk ang isang bagay na gustong-gusto nila

just evacuate the civilians or the Christians on their warpath para ma-minimize casualties. and let 'em shout or shoot it out out there na sila-sila lang.

buti sana kung sila-sila lang they are purposely attacking the civilians, mga traydor talaga yan, yun mga taong walang laban lang ang kaya nila..

my stand is for the Government to finally kill all of them, stop talking peace and just plunge into all out war.

and can the GMA regime finally brand them as terrorist, 'coz it is obvious that what their doing ia a terrorist acts...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ngayon nila maalala yung all out war ni erap sa MILF nung 2000. ang daming sundalong na disgrasya pero kuha lahat ng military ang main camps nila. Amf! dapat ba silang may kampo??? at sila pa demanding kapag may peacetalk? Sayang......

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    walang mararating ang peace talks with this kind of treacherous people who always hide in the convenient excuse of "we don't have control of our field commanders". . .also, are the these the people whom we can entrust the administration of the bangsamoro domain lands?. . .attacking civilians and using them as shields as they retreat. . .obvious manifestation of cowardice

the present goverment is also too coward to brand them as terrorists and confront them to an all-out war most probably because of self interests. . .the visayan saying describes both the grp and the milf: "walang matapang na kawatan". . .

all-out war for me, too. . .sugurin na yang mga yan. . .

let's go to the matresses. . ."a bad peace is even worse than war", said tacitus

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Commission on Human Rights has at least acknowledged that the MILF has committed atrocities and extreme violations of human rights. Napakatahimik yata ng mga bungangero at bungangera ng Bayan, Anakbayan, Gabriela, LFS, and the like. Ang daya niyo ha! Very selective ang binibigyan niyo ng pansin. Bakit wala bang kita sa paglaban para sa karapatan ng mga taga-Mindanao, Muslim man o Kristiyano?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nuke 'em b*stards, err... i mean, send in the commandos!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
GRP-MILF draft pact on Bangsamoro homeland