New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will it happen? or will she experience the greatest betrayal of her life when her partymates will move to a new coalition with LP and probably the original Lakas-NUCD-CMD?

unless gloria buys these Lakas-Kampi-CMD partymate tongressmen with her millions....i don't think they will still side with her. remember, Nonoy said that he will not abolish the pork barrel funds for tongressmen...also, I know a couple of Lakas-Kampi-CMD tongressmen who won but have grudges with their party because of lack of financial support during the campaign period. other reason for grudges was multi candidates (same party) in the same position in the provinces. meron nag-aagawan kung sino talaga yung official candidate ng party nila...now that they won...it's easy for them to dump their former leader.

[SIZE="3"]Arroyo to run for speaker, says brother-in-law[/SIZE]

By Carla Gomez
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 20:40:00 05/12/2010

BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines—Negros Occidental Representative Ignacio "Iggy" Arroyo Jr. (5th District) said on Tuesday night the allies of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo would have the numbers to elect her as Speaker of the House.

Asked if the President, who won her congressional bid in the 2nd district of Pampanga, would go for the speakership, the Negros solon said, "Yes, I think she would."

In Negros Occidental, three of the winners in the congressional race, Representative Arroyo of the 5th district, Julio Ledesma IV (1st district) and Alfredo Marañon III (2nd district) belong to the Lakas-Kampi-CMD while another winner, former presidential spokesman Anthony Golez belongs to the Nationalist People's Coalition (NPC) but is close to the President.

Golez won in the Bacolod City congressional lone district with 58,708 votes over Renecito Novero who got 45,083.

Three other congressional winners, Albee Benitez (3rd district), Jeffrey Ferrer (4th district) and Genaro Alvarez(6th district) belong to the NPC.

In Iloilo, incumbent 1st district Representative Janet Garin (Lakas-Kampi-CMD) runs unopposed while in the 2nd district, controversial Augusto Syjuco Jr. (Lakas-Kampi-CMD), who ran into graft and corruption complaints when he was the director-general of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, is ahead by a wide margin over Ramon Arenas Jr. (NPC), son of socialite Rosemarie Baby Arenas.

Another Arroyo ally, Arthur Defensor Jr. (Lakas-Kampi-CMD) is also winning in the 3rd district over former Agrarian Reform Secretary Rene Villa (LP).

Incumbent 4th Representative Ferjenel Biron (Nacionalista Party) is winning over Iloilo Gov. Niel Tupas (LP).

The 5th district race is really for oppositionists to Arroyo: Representative Niel Tupas Jr. (LP) is winning over his cousin, Iloilo Vice Gov. Rolex Suplico (NP).

President Arroyo also has two allies in Bohol, Bohol Governor Erico Aumentado (Lakas-Kampi-CMD), who won in the 2nd district congressional race, and Arthur Yap, (Lakas-Kampi-CMD) who ran unopposed in the 3rd district. However, it is not yet known if Rene Relampagos (Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino) who won in the 1st congressional district would support the speakership bid of the President.

In Cebu, five of the winning candidates in the congressional race, Rep. Eduardo Gullas of Alayon-NP (1st district), Rep. Pablo Garcia of Lakas-Kampi (2nd district), Rep. Pablo John Garcia of Lakas-Kampi (3rd district), Rep. Benhur Salimbangon of Lakas Kampi (4th district), Rep. Ramon Durano VI of NPC (5th district) and Arturo Radaza of Lakas-Kampi (Lapu-Lapu lone district) were closely allied with the President Macapagal-Arroyo. Gullas and Radaza have been proclaimed winners.

In Capiz, Representative Antonio del Rosario (LP) won in the 1st congressional district while Jane Castro (Lakas-Kampi), wife of outgoing Representative Fredenil Castro won in the 2nd district.

But there are victories for the Liberal Party (LP): Television host Lucy Torres Gomez, who ran under the Liberal Party, was proclaimed 10:30 a.m. Wednesday as the duly elected congressional representative for Leyte's fourth district, edging out her closest rival by more than 24,000 votes.
    Gomez, 35, replaced her husband Richard, who was earlier disqualified on residency issues.

In Cebu City, the congressional candidates of the Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan, which is affiliated with the Liberal Party, won handily over their opponents.

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña edged out Jonathan Guardo while Rachel Marguerite Del Mar, daughter of Representative Raul del Mar, also won over Lahug Barangay Captain Mary Ann de los Santos.

However, in the past, both Osmeña and Del Mar's father were allies of President Arroyo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some of her former allies have outright said that they would wait and see who would prove to be more powerful before deciding. I don't think that Gloria will have that easy a time of it, unless they have squirreled away enough money to guarantee it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    First, "show me the money".

Remember,the "Golden Rule": He who has the gold, rules.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    if she can get the numbers, it is possible.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    i would say f* her and not in the milf sort of way .. hay .. ayaw talaga bumitiw ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is just one of the examples of what i posted earlier. isama mo pa yung ganti ni FVR at ni JDV dahil binuwag yung original Lakas party nila. malamang magbubuo ulit ang original Lakas para meron din silang power. pero malabo na sasama sila kay pandak.

[SIZE="3"]Disappointed Zubiri mulls leaving Lakas-Kampi[/SIZE]

Maila Ager
    INQUIRER.net
    May 13, 2010

Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri is now considering leaving his political group, the Lakas-Kampi-Christian Muslim Democrats, as he expressed disappointment on its alleged failure to help its local candidates in the just concluded elections.

One option, Zubiri said, would be to take an independent stand.

“Pinag-iisipan ko muna yung [I am still thinking of my] option. Magre-relax muna ako sa partido [I will relax first from the party] and we’ll see, will asses the situation,” he told reporters on Thursday.

Asked if resignation was an option, Zubiri said, “Pag iisipan kong mabuti yan. Ipagdadasal ko yan [I’ll think about that very carefully. I will pray for that].”

“Because that’s been my political party for the last 13 years. I joined it 13 years ago,” he pointed out.

He could not, however, hide his disappointment at how his group handled the last election, which resulted in the defeat of a number of its partymates in the local level.

“But definitely I’m quite disappointed with my political party at this point in time,” he said.

“Ang daming nagti-text sa akin. Bakit ganun? 50,000 lang daw ang na-receive nila sa isang town [Many texted me. Why is that so? They said they only received P50,000 in one town ]. So they were made to fend on their own that’s why a lot of the local positions were lost, a lot of the local positions held by Lakas were lost,” he pointed out.

And as he predicted even before the elections, Zubiri said about 30 to 40 percent of administration members have left the group.

And he expected more defections from Lakas-Kampi with the entry of the new administration.

“This is the time of party raiding,” he said.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagsisimula na ang pagbubuo nga LP coalition...

[SIZE="3"]Aquino House forces forming ‘CORE’ to stop Arroyo bid for Speaker[/SIZE]

By Gil C. Cabacungan Jr.
    First Posted 01:54:00 05/14/2010

MANILA, Philippines—Goodbye rainbow coalition of Lakas-Kampi-CMD. Hello CORE (Conscience and Reform) coalition of the Liberal Party.

Allies of Sen. Benigno Aquino III, the most likely president-elect, are gathering their forces in the House of Representatives to install Quezon City Mayor Feliciano Belmonte Jr. as Speaker in the 15th Congress.

They are belittling the chances of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, newly elected representative of Pampanga’s second district, to gather enough votes to pip the incoming president’s choice.

The 73-year-old Belmonte, the newly elected representative of Quezon City’s fourth district, served as Speaker in the 11th Congress.

Deputy Majority Leader and Mandaluyong City Rep. Neptali Gonzales II, who won a second straight term, said the CORE alliance’s base would be composed of 44 Liberal Party congressional candidates who won in the elections.

They would be beefed up by members of the Nationalist People’s Coalition, allied party-list representatives and key members of the Nacionalista Party and Lakas-Kampi-CMD, Gonzales said.

“In a working coalition, we have to strike a balance on how to share legislative responsibilities, including chairmanship of various committees,” he said.

Lakas-Kampi-CMD is expected to field Ms Arroyo in its bid to retain its grip on the House.

The 15th Congress is expected to have 287 members, including party-list groups (20 percent of the seats or 57), and a Speaker needs to get a simple majority vote.

Political survival

Gonzales said he doubted whether Ms Arroyo could muster enough numbers up to July 26 to snag the Speakership.

“After June 30, the political reality that there is a new president will sink in to her allies who all have to look after their individual political survival. If they think they can survive without the support of the incoming President, they may stay with the President. Otherwise, they will leave her,” Gonzales said.

Aquino said during the election campaign that he expected to have a Speaker who’s an ally if he won, just like all post-Edsa I administrations.

But while Aquino was headed toward winning with the biggest electoral mandate since the 1969 presidential election, his magic did not rub off on party mates who fared miserably in the local elections.

Only 44 out of the 122 candidates the Liberal Party fielded for congressional posts have so far won. The party’s lone bright spot was Metro Manila where it won 14 of the 19 legislative districts.

The low winning rate of Liberal Party candidates, however, is not discouraging Belmonte.

Making calls

Belmonte has been making calls to allies of Ms Arroyo to enlist their support for his bid for the speakership, said Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri, Lakas-Kampi-CMD vice president for Mindanao.

Belmonte was senior vice president for external affairs of Lakas-Kampi-CMD until he defected to the Liberal Party before the campaign started.

“So they should not take that lightly as well,” Zubiri said, telling reporters that Belmonte had been “calling so many congressmen, including my siblings and allies in Bukidnon.”
    and...

[SIZE="3"]Belmonte will be new speaker[/SIZE]

By Neal Cruz
    First Posted 00:30:00 05/14/2010

STOP THINKING OF GLORIA MACAPAGAL-Arroyo as speaker of the House of Representatives. The next speaker will be Quezon City Mayor Feliciano Belmonte, who has been elected congressman. He is the choice of President-to-be Noynoy Aquino.

Contrary to popular opinion, it is not the congressmen who choose their speaker. The president does. Congressmen only ratify what he orders.

When Belmonte was invited to join Noynoy’s Liberal Party, the speakership was offered to him. Belmonte has been preparing for the speakership throughout all the years that he was a congressman and mayor.

After every change of administration, there is a rigodon of political butterflies. The political landscape becomes like a garden abloom with flowers, with butterflies flitting from flower to flower, searching for the bloom that has the sweetest pollen. And Malacañang mixes the sweetest and most plentiful pollen. It is called Countrywide Development Fund and other similar names but their generic name is “pork barrel” and it consists of millions and millions of pesos that congressmen can spend for any project they want, half of the budget of which goes into their private pockets. It is the reason why so many politicians want to be congressmen.

Congressmen think they appropriate the pork barrel but it is the president who controls it. He determines which congressman or senator gets his pork-barrel allocation.

Cooperative legislators get their pork quickly, uncooperative ones don’t. Oppositionists get starved for pork until they do the president’s wishes.

So if the president says “Jump!” congressmen jump. When he says, “I want Sonny Belmonte to be the speaker,” the congressmen will make him the speaker even if their former benefactor, GMA, begs them on bended knees to vote for her. After all, what can she give them that the president cannot? She no longer has the public treasury into which she dipped her hands when she was president.

So, mark my words: After Noynoy is sworn in as president, watch the landscape erupt with political butterflies flitting all over the place, from their parties to the Liberal Party or to whatever coalition the administration concocts. Belmonte will be the leader of that coalition.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Some of her former allies have outright said that they would wait and see who would prove to be more powerful before deciding. I don't think that Gloria will have that easy a time of it, unless they have squirreled away enough money to guarantee it.
    malamang di na papayag yung mga congressmen na 'to na cheque ang ibabayad sa kanila. napako na sila sa perang ipinangako sa kanila during the campaign period. at baka yung iba ang gagawin kunin muna ang pera tapos sa kabila kakampi para ganti sa ginawa na 'pahirap' sa kanila bago mag election :bottom:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is no way in hell she will be the next speaker. the sitting President has an awesome power and influence over Congress at least in the lower house.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pandak's allies are merely floating that bogey para medyo matakot si Noynoy. I'm quite sure she's quaking in her boots kasi malapit na siyang makulong at ma-lethal injection (hehehe). Exempted naman yata ang mga under-height sa SC ruling against the death penalty

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Gloria as speaker of the house?