New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I've been reading about these forms of government. Most developed or first-world countries (Swiss, Japan, UK, SG) have adopted Parliamentary type of government.

Our politicians are against Charter Change and shifting to Federal from Presidential. Which do you think would suit us better?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not the system but the people running it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Not the system but the people running it.

yuuuuuuup! it's rhe same corrupt people again and again.

we need another revolution. and next time it needs to be bloody. for as long as the corrupt get away with their loot their children will follow and do worse. then and only then can you start anew.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Pano ba maiiwasan or mababawasan ang corruption? What if nawala na lahat ng corrupt individuals sa government tapos may mga pumalit sure ba tayo na hindi na sila magiging corrupt?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Federalism? In a place na uso ang nepotism sa probinsya and private armies? It would be a disaster.

I'm more for Parliamentary because it is easier to change the government should it falter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Federalism? In a place na uso ang nepotism sa probinsya and private armies? It would be a disaster.

I'm more for Parliamentary because it is easier to change the government should it falter.
    IIRC, parliament is merely dissolved and reformed later with new elections. If it's the same clowns in Congress coming into power over and over again, we have a problem since all they do is musical chairs. Baka dapat pa one-shot deal types of elections or positions with no chance of reelection whatsoever to get rid of the bad apples and to give younger and fresher faces a chance to do better.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Need to put pressure on corrupt pols. Name and shame them for any conspicuous luxury they consume in all forms of media every day. Make it impossible for them to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Maybe we should have TMZ here. But only to harass pols, not celebrities.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; May 4th, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    IIRC, parliament is merely dissolved and reformed later with new elections. If it's the same clowns in Congress coming into power over and over again, we have a problem since all they do is musical chairs. Baka dapat pa one-shot deal types of elections or positions with no chance of reelection whatsoever to get rid of the bad apples and to give younger and fresher faces a chance to do better.
    revising the constitution paves the way for the return of glory to power

dutertes old..glory is bored in congress

the current constitution isnt perfect but good enough just amend the economic provisions to open the gates to foreign investments

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; May 4th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    revising the constitution paves the way for the return of glory to power

dutertes old..glory is bored in congress

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
    Not really sure what you mean by this.

How does "glory to power" come about and what does it mean for the people?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by this.

How does "glory to power" come about and what does it mean for the people?
    Glory = GMA = pandak = Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Federal vs Parliamentary vs Presidential... Which is better?