New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If you think prices are expensive here wait till you visit Singapore or Tokyo, Japan.

I agree with you that there are some certain products/services that are astronomically priced and are very questionable.

Simple example, dapat nga yung prices ng mga bnew vehicles natin dito mababa na considering na global recession yung nangyayari and majority of automotive companies are in the brink of bankruptcy pero eto parin tayo... a mitsu lancer at P1.3mil? That's US$26,000. Sa US nga nasa $15k ang base model pero yung GT-A natin na P1.3mil pesos nasa same price na siya ng Lancer Ralliart. Same with the Altis, dito ina-assemble sa Pinas pero nasa 1 mil pa rin ang presyo considering these are tagged as "economy" sedans.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    In Singapore, try going to Clark Quay for a night's gimmick. A pitcher of draft beer costs S$75.00 (that was 2005 pa). Wala pang buhay kasi walang "entertainment", house band lang at DJ music .......

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Tama lang na mahirap ang Pilipinas. We deserve to be like this. We never learn from our mistakes!
    Ang sakit naman pakinggan nito

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i believe the TS should travel more or at least open his eyes. i also don't think we deserve to be poor. reading his post makes me think that he doesn't want to come back to the philippines. in that case then, maybe he shouldn't.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    agree with moejun2. reading his post makes me think he isn't a filipino at all. no offense sir.

philippines don't deserve to be poor. why, do you think there are no manloloko and matapobre in other countries? in some cases they are even more manloloko and matapobre than filipinos are, but generally filipinos are not really matapobre. we are even known to be very hospitable, right? when you said that its just like you discriminated your own bloodline and even yourself. rather than saying that, why don't you start in yourself? change begins in the very basic unit, which is, US. dont get me wrong, my dad is an OFW, a sea man asctually. he travels arounf the world. but he didn't change his mentality and he never discriminated how "poor" our country is compared to the countries he's been to. no offense sir, just want to voice out my opinion regarding this matter. Godbless

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    doest that mean yung mga taong nagbabalak dito manirahan after they retire e nationalistic lang? why some foreigners retire here? i always thought na malaki purchasing power factor nila(foreign currency) kaya dito settle. i am confused now.
    it mitght be related to the topic but kala ko tayong mga work dito sa pinas ang me dialogue na umaangal sa presyo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Agree with you TS... Mahal na bilihin dito sa Pilipinas dahil mas marami ang can't afford dito at don't ask kung how much ang sweldo in minimum. Tama ka, maraming nagsasamantala dito. Kaya yung mga negosyante lang ang mga yumayaman at samantala si Juan Dela Cruz ay hand to mouth pa rin.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Grabe! Ang mahal ng bilihin dito sa atin. Tinalo pa ang presyo ng mayayamang( Developed World ) bansa. To see is to believe. Gasolina, gimik, fastfood, drinks, rice, at iba pa. Kaya pala ang daming nagkalat na pobre sa lansangan.

Pati toilet may bayad! Wow! ugaling mendicant( pulubi ) na pala ang isa sa ugaling pinoy.

Lahat papisopiso...

Sa tagal kong hindi nakauwi, lalong dumami ang mga bastos at mga matapobreng pinoy. Maraming mapansamantalang pinoy, lalo na yung mga big businesses at big family dito. Tama lang na mahirap ang Pilipinas. We deserve to be like this. We never learn from our mistakes!
    Gasolina - Natural mamahal lang yan kung sinlaki ng HUMMER dala at pakakargahan mo.

Gimik - Nilibre mo ba buong barangay?

Fastfood - Pinasara mo ba Jalibi o Mcdo?

Rice - Baka nga buong barangay ang pinakain? O baka naman may star margarine pa?

Toilet - If you want to use a clean restroom simple lang tawag dyan TIP. yan eh kung marunong ka mag TIP. Kung ayaw mo magpapisopiso dun ka umihi sa bahay o hotel mo.

Madaming bastos/rude/mean pinoys - "If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you."

The Philippines isn't a bad place. Obviously, the only places you've been to is your Australia and 'Pinas. I assume you have the money so why don't you go to Africa especially Somalia i bet you'll shut your big mouth once you see the place. Before you complain about your native country do a research first.

Tama lang na mahirap ang Pilipinas. We deserve to be like this. We never learn from our mistakes!
    The Philippines don't deserve a mofo like YOU either!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I've always believed that we are because of the choices we've made. However, let's all lend a helping hand in our nation building. We owe this not only to ourselves but to our posterity.....

7505:bravo:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moejun2 View Post
    i believe the TS should travel more or at least open his eyes. i also don't think we deserve to be poor. reading his post makes me think that he doesn't want to come back to the philippines. in that case then, maybe he shouldn't.
    the Philippines DOESN"T deserve mr. oca and the likes of him as well! sino magmamahal sa bansa natin kung hindi tayo din. i am also working out of the country and i am still hoping one day the philippines will get better so all ofws can come home and be with their families.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Expensive "PINAS"