New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Grabe! Ang mahal ng bilihin dito sa atin. Tinalo pa ang presyo ng mayayamang( Developed World ) bansa. To see is to believe. Gasolina, gimik, fastfood, drinks, rice, at iba pa. Kaya pala ang daming nagkalat na pobre sa lansangan.

Pati toilet may bayad! Wow! ugaling mendicant( pulubi ) na pala ang isa sa ugaling pinoy.

Lahat papisopiso...

Sa tagal kong hindi nakauwi, lalong dumami ang mga bastos at mga matapobreng pinoy. Maraming mapansamantalang pinoy, lalo na yung mga big businesses at big family dito. Tama lang na mahirap ang Pilipinas. We deserve to be like this. We never learn from our mistakes!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Me, I love the Philippines with all it's faults..... It needs improving, yes, but kahit saan naman bansa may negative eh. At hindi tama lang na mahirap ang pinas. Bakit ba ang *some pinoys pag makarating lang ng abroad especially "western" countries medyo tumataas ang ere, I'm not saying you're one of them ha. Minsan may situation din na talaga naman nakakainis.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    Me, I love the Philippines with all it's faults..... It needs improving, yes, but kahit saan naman bansa may negative eh. At hindi tama lang na mahirap ang pinas. Bakit ba ang *some pinoys pag makarating lang ng abroad especially "western" countries medyo tumataas ang ere, I'm not saying you're one of them ha. Minsan may situation din na talaga naman nakakainis.
    Hindi sa tumataas ang ere ng iba. Nakakabigla at nakakalungkot lalo na sa mga mahihirap na pinoy na sinasamantala ng kapwa nila pinoy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what your concept of "mahal" is.

When I travel, I make it a point to observe certain things like the cost of public transportation, basic utilities, even certain government services.

Sa MRT palang sobrang baba ng fare kaya hindi makapag-upgrade, dagdag ng tren or maintain ng related facilities. At the end of the build-operate-transfer deal with the MRT operator (after about 10 more years), you'll get stuck with severly depreciated and unusable equipment.

I guess what I'm saying is, the prices of public services and utilities here are not reflective of cost as compared with other countries.

If you're just referring to the costs of fuel, hay, marami na talagang isinumpa ang mga kumpanya ng langis dahil mukhang meron talagang panloloko sa presyo ng gas.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mas maraming bansa na mas mahal ang bilihin sa Pinas. Witnessed myself first hand because of the work I do. Try to visit Zimbabwe. Eating at a simple retaurant there costs millions of their local currency. Marami rin akong nakilala na magpagsamantala in my travels. May mas malala pa sa Pinas. Hindi lang sa Pinas yang "phenomenon" na yan: all over the world. Kahit first world countries eh may mapangsamantala din- mahirap or mayaman.

While I respect your point of view, I don't agree with you that the Philippines - or for any country for that matters - deserves to be poor. If we folllow that "line of thought" then can we say that the US - and Australia for that matter - deserves to be in a recession, and that people in the US deserve their fates because they didn't learn from what happened to the US economy during the Great depression (1930s, during the mid-70s to the verly early 80s)? I don't think so.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Grabe! Ang mahal ng bilihin dito sa atin. Tinalo pa ang presyo ng mayayamang( Developed World ) bansa. To see is to believe. Gasolina, gimik, fastfood, drinks, rice, at iba pa. Kaya pala ang daming nagkalat na pobre sa lansangan.

Pati toilet may bayad! Wow! ugaling mendicant( pulubi ) na pala ang isa sa ugaling pinoy.

Lahat papisopiso...

Sa tagal kong hindi nakauwi, lalong dumami ang mga bastos at mga matapobreng pinoy. Maraming mapansamantalang pinoy, lalo na yung mga big businesses at big family dito. Tama lang na mahirap ang Pilipinas. We deserve to be like this. We never learn from our mistakes!
    Sir I believe you're from Australia na nag balik bayan sa pinas? I cant blame you on your observation you are right. But saying we all pinoy Deserve to be like this (poor) is out of the line.

I will turn the situation the other way around, I am also working outside the Philippines, Im working in Africa. Here we always long kung kailan kami maka uwi sa pinas because dito would you believe it or not mas expensive kaysa pinas. Gimik? you need at least $200 to go to decent clubing, drinks local beer cost $1 imported $3, rice? (thailand rice) 5kg $20, gasoline?.. they sell a bit lower here, fare? you wont try public transport, food? we group of 4 pinoy spend $500/ week to get decent supply in 1 week. but this is Africa and they import almost everything. They are lucky to have oil, here 5% are rich (super rich) the rest of the population is poor... no middle class.

You complain about the piso piso toilet... you are Lucky to have at least decent toilet.. here you will never dare do it in a public toilet.

Im not making an argument with your observation sir its your point of view, Im just bringing out my observation which is the exact opposite from yours because I see other people less fortunate than Pinoys.. you will say... still how lucky we are... and we dont deserve to be poor.. masikap ang pinoy sir! IMHO

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Sir I believe you're from Australia na nag balik bayan sa pinas? I cant blame you on your observation you are right. But saying we all pinoy Deserve to be like this (poor) is out of the line.

I will turn the situation the other way around, I am also working outside the Philippines, Im working in Africa. Here we always long kung kailan kami maka uwi sa pinas because dito would you believe it or not mas expensive kaysa pinas. Gimik? you need at least $200 to go to decent clubing, drinks local beer cost $1 imported $3, rice? (thailand rice) 5kg $20, gasoline?.. they sell a bit lower here, fare? you wont try public transport, food? we group of 4 pinoy spend $500/ week to get decent supply in 1 week. but this is Africa and they import almost everything. They are lucky to have oil, here 5% are rich (super rich) the rest of the population is poor... no middle class.

You complain about the piso piso toilet... you are Lucky to have at least decent toilet.. here you will never dare do it in a public toilet.

Im not making an argument with your observation sir its your point of view, Im just bringing out my observation which is the exact opposite from yours because I see other people less fortunate than Pinoys.. you will say... still how lucky we are... and we dont deserve to be poor.. masikap ang pinoy sir! IMHO
    Well said.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If we compare our country to first world countries, medyo malaki talaga ang difference.... but kung third world country din ang pagkukumparahan, hindi din naman nalalayo ang Pilipinas.

Just like the other poster said, try going to Africa, Papua New Ginuea, East Timor, Sri lanka.. even Indonesia. More or Less, the situation is similar or we might be in better situation compared to those countries.

I've talked to several expats and they've said that our country is not as bad as what others perceive.....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post

Lahat papisopiso...

Perhaps bro when you went abroad pre-Asian Financial Crisis (1997) pa ang mga presyo. Nagmahal halos lahat after the crisis.

I still remember in 1996, 5 pesos lang ang gas nun. Then, 7t pesos lang ata minimum wage nun.

Yung 6t pesos nun malaki na. pero ngayon ala talaga.

You can buy a cup of rice in a restaurant for 2-5 pesos unlike ngayon.

Sa Lawton, yung cr sa park and ride 5 pesos. pero dumi pa rin Cr. Buti pa yun sa ATC kahit mahal malinis.

Alam ko sa Germany (I saw it in the news)bayad din sila sa public toilet at mahal din.

Gimik, well mura pa din dito. Sa Asian neighbors natin like Singapore at Hongkong SAR medyo may kamahalan. Kahit Bangkok.

Mura pa din dito, pre. In fact, I have interviewed alot of foreign retirees ( Americans, Brits, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese and other Europeans) mura daw dito lalo yung nanirahan sa probinsya (I'd encountered alot of them here in Cavite and in Puerto Galera, Mindoro.
    Last edited by jpdm; February 21st, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Oca, mukhang matagal ka nang di nagbakasyon sa atin, Mate...... Kelan ka ba huling bumalik sa atin?

Nakakagulat ang mga sinasabi mo. OFW din ako, Mate. Dami ko na'ng napuntahang mga foreign countries sa mga assignments ko. Pero di totoo yung sinasabi mo na mas mahal sa atin.

Pero aminado ako.....yang kuryente, mas mahal na talaga sa atin, compared sa ibang bansa.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; February 21st, 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Expensive "PINAS"