New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the desperation and greed at all cost to get the presidency....guess who is trying to buy him out...

[SIZE="3"]Estrada says rival trying to buy him out [/SIZE]

By Christian V. Esguerra
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 18:34:00 02/23/2010

Close this IBAAN, Batangas, Philippines—Ousted President Joseph Estrada on Tuesday revealed that another presidential candidate was offering to reimburse his campaign expenses in exchange for his withdrawal from the May 10 presidential election.

Estrada declined to identify the candidate, but JV Bautista, one of his senatorial candidates, said Villar was the “most likely person to do that.”

“He is the most logical person to do it because the other political contenders, the other candidates, do not have that kind of money to offer to Erap,” Bautista told reporters during a campaign sortie here.

“Remember, Erap is no pushover in [terms of] financial capability. So if you are going to offer something to him, it must be very, very big, which only a billionaire—a billionaire businessman—can offer,” he added.

Estrada said an emissary of the presidential candidate had gone to his house in San Juan City on at least three occasions since about nine months ago. He said each visit, the most recent of which was two weeks ago, came with the offer for him not to run anymore.

Asked if he was insulted with the offer, Estrada replied: “Yes.”

Estrada recalled telling the emissary in Filipino: “I would never back down from any fight.”

Estrada said he surmised that the presidential contender either considered him a major “threat” or wanted to ensure victory by getting his support. He acknowledged that a text message had circulated in the past claiming that he was backing out and would instead support Villar’s presidential ambition.

Estrada said he would not have any face to show his running mate, Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay, and members of his senatorial slate such as Juan Ponce Enrile and son Jinggoy Estrada, if he accepted the offer to withdraw.

“Why would I withdraw when the people themselves didn’t leave me while I was in jail? Now that I am free, will I leave them behind? That won’t be right. I’ll die first before I do such a thing,” said Estrada who was convicted then pardoned for plunder.

Estrada said he was reluctant to identify the presidential aspirant because the candidate could easily deny that such an offer had been made. “I don’t have any proof or document to reveal the details,” he said.

Shortly after a speech before some 200 supporters at Villa Marines Resort here, Estrada said the public should refrain from selling their votes. “If you sell your votes, it will return to you ten times after the elections with the absence of services and progress,” he said.

“Kunin nyo yung pera, ilagay sa bulsa, pero Estrada sa balota (Take the money, put it in your pocket, but write Estrada on the ballot),” he added.

In his own speech, senatorial candidate Bautista, made reference to Villar by saying in Filipino: “There is one candidate who is running with so much money. Will you accept the money? Yes, because times are hard. But will you vote for him? No.”

The Estrada campaign caravan blitzed through six towns in Batangas and Laguna. Estrada, Binay and members of their senatorial ticket campaigned in Batangas City, Ibaan, Lipa, before proceeding to Sta. Rosa, San Pedro and Biñan in the afternoon.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just like his jingle "Si Money Villar, ang magta-tapos sa ating ka ERAP-an."

"MAN is EVIL and a LIAR"

Transpose:

MAN EVIL LIAR

MANE VILLIAR

MANNY VILLAR

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Tama ang theory natin na 40% of the voting block ay masa vote. Erap gets 10-15%, Manny gets 25-30%. Buy out erap and villar thinks he can edge out Noynoy.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ayaw ng isang kandidato na may kahati sa boto....

9404:vader:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    money talks, people listen
    manny talks, people listen

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    someone wants the presidency very badly

at any cost

money is no object

years of wealth accumulation

this is what the money is for

to buy the presidency

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa mga presidential candidates, sino talaga ang mayroong pera?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It could just as easily be that Estrada is trying to build publicity and take votes away from Villar.

He's still not going to win, either way. And if he wanted to, he could just put his support behind another candidate, increasing that candidate's chances.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kelangan ng panalo ni Villar. Gabundok na ang gastos nya sa eleksiyong ito.........

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Kelangan ng panalo ni Villar. Gabundok na ang gastos nya sa eleksiyong ito.........
    hahahaha! I agree with this....... I'm pretty sure naman na lahat yan babawi kapag naupo. Hindi biro ang magtapon ng pera sa eleksyon..... Mahirap lang pag si Villar ang mauupo, siguradong malaki ang babawiin nyan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Estrada says rival trying to buy him out