New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    What was Enrile thinking?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ... or forgetting. matanda na si ol johny.

politicos like him just want to ensure the majority of electorates should come from the low-income bracket for the sake of the oligarchs. it's old-style politics, but not archaic and the trapos know its effectivity.

"It drives consumption in malls. Even on the property side…"
    again for the privelege of the few elite. i thought the remmitances are to benefit the philippine's industriliasation and agragian reform. if trapos like him prey on the middle class to fund government programs through heavy taxation guaranteeing no loss nor competition for the oligarchs, how much more can they easily exploit the have-nots.

i don't trust either side. i'm not sure if their problem is ineptness or downright greed, but they're (excluding sotto at al) supposedly the country's best and the brightest. i shudder just thinking about it
    Last edited by Helios; December 1st, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Kung ako kay manong Johhny, retire na lang siya and enjoy life to the fullest.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    "It drives consumption in malls. Even on the property side…"

again for the privelege of the few elite
    yep. OFW remittances mostly go to the oligarchs

they own the malls,real estate companies, big supermarkets, restaurant/store chains, car dealerships, telecom companies... wherever OFW dependents spend money the oligarchs are there. they even own the banks where OFWs remit money thru

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gaanong karami pa kayang pilipino ang naniniwala na ang mga yaman ng mga politiko ay nanggaling sa kanilang pagnenegosyo?

Sa galing nilang magpalago ng pera sa negsyo baka marami tayong Warren Buffet na nasa politika.

Doon naman sa politikong yumanan sa pagnanakaw, paano kaya nila naaatim na ang kinakain ng asawa at mga anak nila ay galing sa kasamaan? Sa paglaki tuloy ng mga anak nila nasabuto, maitim ang buto, na rin nila ang kasamaan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Kung ako kay manong Johhny, retire na lang siya and enjoy life to the fullest.
    Sana mag retire na lang sya ng tuloyan sa mundo.

Akala siguro ni tanda di natin alam na remitances keeps this country afloat, but as far as the economy is concern? Looks good on paper. If the appreciation of peso continues to a point where the competitiveness of Philippines erode then tanda can bid his goodbye to BPO.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2012...le-our-poverty

Last Thursday The Philippine STAR headline blared, “Economy soars 7.1% in Q3”. To the top richest people in the Philippine population pyramid, this is great news… for the stock markets are busy buzzing with business enticing even foreign investments to come. But you ask… what kind of foreign money is coming in? For sure, they are not Foreign Direct Investors (FDI) because we already read that report some weeks back that in the past two years FDIs into the Philippines dropped by as much as 83%!

But this is only in Q3! FDIs under the Aquino Regime only came to around $1.3 million as compared to $2.1 million under the hated former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. Even the short term of discredited President Joseph “Erap” Estrada came up with US$1.7 million. These figures are available for all and sundry and as we know… figures don’t lie.
    ^^^ definitely not FDI. foreign investors aren't putting up factories here. if there are foreign investors they're the speculator type. they're buying local stocks. hot money

So you ask… where is this soaring economy coming from? My bet is that, the inflow of US dollars sent by our overseas Filipino workers (OFW) is a huge contributing factor. As of late, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) reports that cash remittances by OFW (which is coursed through banks) was at $1.838 billion up by 5.5 percent. This is happening at a time when we are seeing a financial crisis spreading all over Europe.
    ^^^ my bet too. and that's just remittances passing thru the banking system. there's remittances passing thru informal channels. the amount passing thru informal channels could even be bigger

So if you think the economy is doing well, we are not disputing that. Cebu is a good example of this economy growth, which you can see by the numerous constructions of tall condominiums, sprouting everywhere. But ask yourself… is this economic growth trickling down to the poor farmer or fisherman? Two weeks ago, I hired a motorized banca to cross from Ubay to the island of Pitogo (now called Carlos P. Garcia) in Bohol and it was a good time for me to check out these marginalized people whom I have already known a couple of years ago that their lot haven’t really improved in the last two years. They haven’t tasted that so-called Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) program because they live in small islands between Leyte and Bohol.
    ^^^coz very little OFW money trickles down to farmers and fishermen. the money is captured by real estate developers, shopping malls and big retailers, auto dealerships, appliance centers, food store chains, telecom companies... basically the big guys. they're positioned to capture most of the money

These are people in the Visayas who have been dirt poor for generations and if the policies of Imperial Manila doesn’t do anything to help alleviate their poverty… then something must be done. That something could be real and genuine reform in our constitution so we could effectively remove the political oligarchy that took over the reins of power from the one-man rule of the Marcos Dictatorship. Filipinos are undoubtedly a very resilient people that in a way, I fear we have become too comfortable in our poverty.
    ^^^ they can become OFWs too
    Last edited by uls; December 1st, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah. You too can become an OFW. You just have to compete for a slot with the millions of unemployed B,C and D graduates who have flooded the labor market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yeah. You too can become an OFW. You just have to compete for a slot with the millions of unemployed B,C and D graduates who have flooded the labor market.
    Not true! All we need to do to further strenghten our economy is to produce more Filipinos so we have more to ship out.

Enrille: Sinong nagsabing over populated ang Pilipinas? Tingnan nyo ang mga probinsya ang lawak ng mga lupain pero walang nakatira. :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    It still makes me wonder why it hasn't occurred to them that adding further regulations scares away investors. But then, they have to protect the monopoly of oligarchs...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Enrile: 'Our biggest export is OFWs. That's why I'm against RH bill'