New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Dunno, sana hindi na lang niya inamin na me DDS; those kinds of groups operate best when left unnoticed anyways. There's a bit of arrogance that came with that admission.

Right now i'm worried he might start World War 3 with China if he does become president.

Ano kaya kung nagtandem sina Miriam and Duterte no?
    He won't...tyope nga sa mga ampatuans eh...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Does advocating to killing criminals constitute to murder? if so then duterte & his minions is worse than a snatcher
    In a perfect world, there'd be no need for the likes of Duterte. i think of it as a necessary evil....though i don't necessarily think he should be president ^_^

*shadow: yeah, he's awfully quiet about those guys.

i think with that admission, he really left De Lima no choice but to react -- dating CHR pa man din yun. Medyo binawi niya kahapon, DDS = Davao Development System kuno ^_^
    Last edited by badkuk; May 27th, 2015 at 10:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    some people compared Rodrigo Duterte to Rudy Giuliani. RG was a former prosecutor who became mayor of new york. RD was an erstwhile prosecutor who becomes mayor of davao. but the similarity stops there. when the term of RG ended he did not let his daughter or son to succeed him, thus, perpetuating his hold of NY. RD's case is different. He thinks he is the only answer to all of davao's woes. and what guarantee we have that he will not perpetuate himself in power once he will become president of the Republic? another thing, NY had a history too of criminals slumped dead on its pavement whose death remains unsolved up to this day, but they ascribed it to gangwars. hardly policemen were involved. allegedly, in davao, it's an open secret-- some members of DDS (digong death squad) ay kasapi ng ating hanay.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    He won't...tyope nga sa mga ampatuans eh...
    I heard otherwise. Ampatuans daw takot kay Duterte.

And kung tyope nga siya sa mga ampatuans, mali bale itong sinasabi ng PCIJ:

The one person who has tried to keep the Ampatuans in check, albeit in his own turf, is Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.

Over the years, Duterte, who is known for his tough stance against crime, has repeatedly warned various clans � not only the Ampatuans, to be sure � against �misbehaving� in Davao City. But Duterte has also zeroed in on younger Ampatuan scions for using sirens whenever they drive around Davao. In 2006, Duterte let it rip when three Ampatuan youths were arrested in his city for possession of high-powered firearms, including rifles fitted with telescopic sights, and rounds of ammunition.

�Davao City is not your kingdom,� a fuming Duterte had reportedly said. �If you want to show off, you better do it in your place, not here."
    Source: i Report Online | Amid the Fighting, the Clan Rules in Maguindanao

Anyway, with this admission, I am of the opinion that Duterte just committed political suicide. Goodbye national position. Baka ginawa niya 'to kasi nga ayaw naman niya tumakbong pangulo?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^ PCIJ i think is right. matapang talaga yan si digong. di yan takot sa mga muslim. nung binomba yung davao airport in 2003 allegedly perpetrated by MI's SUTAG, dami-dami din daw muslim na niliquidate ng DDS para matukoy sino ang may salarin sa trahedyang iyan. epektibo naman. maraming naaresto na involved. ganyang trabaho may mga sleepers umaaroga sa sutag before the incident. nagki- casing din yang mga teroristang iyan eh.

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    Governance is case to case basis. And I agree with the davao mayor. You cannot do the american system in the philippines.

And to be on the top 10 safest cities in the world is one great achievement.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Does advocating to killing criminals constitute to murder? if so then duterte & his minions is worse than a snatcher

Will these murderers shoot themselves in the head? If not, then its all just for show
    Salvage tawag dyan. Sorry mas maraming rights ang criminal and with our snail justice system. Huli then pakawalan lang yan, so ang siste eh pag masyado ng maraming atraso eh salvage na.

Grabe ang Davao dati, parang wala lang ma holdap ka ng tanghaling tapat sa harapan ng City Hall. Ngayon a couple of strike and you'll be gunned down kung saan ka nakatirang kriminal ka.

Do people of Davao supports it. Hell yes.
    Last edited by ClaNker; May 27th, 2015 at 12:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    I heard otherwise. Ampatuans daw takot kay Duterte.

And kung tyope nga siya sa mga ampatuans, mali bale itong sinasabi ng PCIJ:
    Correct takot ang Ampatuans kay Duterte, kaya di nag hasik ng lagim sa Davao ang mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i was born, raised and now, having a family of my own here in davao city. people may find davaoenos as nerd on why we allow a hard-hitting mayor to lead us. in the 80s and early 90s', davao city is literally a killing field. those who lived in davao during these years can attest to this. we have been under mayors who were lenient and kind. result was chaos. what makes davao unique is the level of discipline imposed by the mayor and people willing to abide with it as we all understand it is for common good. where can you find a city, as big as davao, where smoking in public places is banned? you cannot have videoke here after 9pm. we dont care if you have a ferrari, all we care is to tame your beast to 40kph within city limits. pessimists said we cannot enforce firecracker ban but after 15 years, other cities have followed the same. last but not the least, the issue on killing criminals. yes, the means may not justify the end. but where city can you walk alone even in midnight without fear of being mugged or harrassed? in short in simple language, majority of people here agree on street justice, for those drug dealers, rapists, kinappers.. you may have different opinion with us but we love it this way... to sum it all, we have trust and confidence that the things he do is for the common good. live with us in davao and feel the atmosphere of being safe..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    i was born, raised and now, having a family of my own here in davao city. people may find davaoenos as nerd on why we allow a hard-hitting mayor to lead us. in the 80s and early 90s', davao city is literally a killing field. those who lived in davao during these years can attest to this. we have been under mayors who were lenient and kind. result was chaos. what makes davao unique is the level of discipline imposed by the mayor and people willing to abide with it as we all understand it is for common good. where can you find a city, as big as davao, where smoking in public places is banned? you cannot have videoke here after 9pm. we dont care if you have a ferrari, all we care is to tame your beast to 40kph within city limits. pessimists said we cannot enforce firecracker ban but after 15 years, other cities have followed the same. last but not the least, the issue on killing criminals. yes, the means may not justify the end. but where city can you walk alone even in midnight without fear of being mugged or harrassed? in short in simple language, majority of people here agree on street justice, for those drug dealers, rapists, kinappers.. you may have different opinion with us but we love it this way... to sum it all, we have trust and confidence that the things he do is for the common good. live with us in davao and feel the atmosphere of being safe..
    +1 po dito.

medyo off topic, sino po dito ang nakaabot sa panahon na presidente pa si marcos? sobrang hirap ba talaga mamuhay nung mga panahon na yun kasi masyado siyang stikto o kaya mahirap mamuhay noon kasi ayaw natin na disiplinahin tayo?

kwento kasi sakin ng mga nakakatanda, simula ng mapalitan si marcos, mas naging grabi ang corruption sa pilipinas. 1987 po kasi ang aking birth year.

kung ako tatanungin, kung paano ang ginagawang pamamalakad ni duterte sa davao, gusto ko yun para sa buong pilipinas. lalo na yung death penalty, sana ibalik na. kwento sakin, ang magnanakaw dati, nanakawan ka lang, ngayon, ang magnanakaw, papatayin ka pa. parang ayaw ko na ng demokrasyang gobyerno.

-ito po ay opinyon ko lamang

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast