New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    To bashers,

I'm not saying that Duterte is squeaky clean. No such politician exists. However, he managed to convert Davao City a former killing field in the 80's into the 9th safest city in the world.

If you are much safer in Davao compared to say Metro Manila. Di naman problema kung law-abiding citizen ka sa Davao. Problema kung salot ka sa lipunan.

If anyone takes issue on Duterte's style of governance, then file your cases in sandiganbayan, ombudsman or the regular courts. Simple lang naman.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd rather he try be Manila mayor first actually.

Manila is one of the most (if not most) mucked up cities in the Philippines. If he's able to fix it, then that'll say a lot about his future, possible presidency.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Talk to Singaporean businessmen about corruption. The system isn't as clean as people perceive it to be. But compared to ours, it's much much better.
    i agree. but bureaucratic corruption during his tenure as PM (1959 to 1990) was almost nil.

this is a good read: Combating Corruption in Singapore: What Can Be Learned? by Jon S.T. Quah (Projects at Harvard)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    To bashers,

I'm not saying that Duterte is squeaky clean. No such politician exists. However, he managed to convert Davao City a former killing field in the 80's into the 9th safest city in the world.

If you are much safer in Davao compared to say Metro Manila. Di naman problema kung law-abiding citizen ka sa Davao. Problema kung salot ka sa lipunan.

If anyone takes issue on Duterte's style of governance, then file your cases in sandiganbayan, ombudsman or the regular courts. Simple lang naman.
    Firstly, we can be critics WITHOUT BEING BASHERS. Last I checked, all politicians, especially Philippine politicians may be the subject of critique and fair comment from those they govern. In other words, sir, what I say and the others in this forum can say about DUTERTE and his style of governance CAN BE SAID without going through the ombudsman or sandiganbayan.

Secondly, I said Davao is different from Metro Manila because here at least we can have DISSENT and dissenting ideas without getting killed for it---or threatened to be killed for it. Unless it is also your or DUTERTE's style to eliminate and kill off dissenting people for lack of intelligent argument. It is also here in Metro Manila that DUTERTE will have a hard time INTIMIDATING and much less THREATENING those who he perceives to be a criminal simply because it is here where we stared a dictator down and subsequently kicked him out of the country.

Thirdly, everyone here wants to be safe --- whether in their homes or outside of it during the day or night. I'm saying its a slippery slope that DUTERTE is on when he thinks that he can simply ignore laws or rights in the name of good governance and peace and order. Heck, Marcos declared martial law under the guise of restoring peace and order and it took 20 long years of brutality before freedom was restored.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. So have a lot of our politicians started out.

So those who endorse DUTERTE and forward his merits as a possible president should have a better argument than the so-called "restoration of peace and order" and "discipline" shtick because, trust me, after 6 years of that, people are gonna wonder what the hell they fought for during martial law.

Got that?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bashed daw....lol

Ala binay na ah...file a case...[emoji23]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Di nya kaya yan...tutupi buntot niya pag nandun na siya. Sumabay siya or siya mauna. La na pag-asa...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I like the idea of killing criminals esp yung mga nasa gobiernong magnanakAw..mas maganda sana kung pahirapan muna..but thats just me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Firstly, we can be critics WITHOUT BEING BASHERS. Last I checked, all politicians, especially Philippine politicians may be the subject of critique and fair comment from those they govern. In other words, sir, what I say and the others in this forum can say about DUTERTE and his style of governance CAN BE SAID without going through the ombudsman or sandiganbayan.

Secondly, I said Davao is different from Metro Manila because here at least we can have DISSENT and dissenting ideas without getting killed for it---or threatened to be killed for it. Unless it is also your or DUTERTE's style to eliminate and kill off dissenting people for lack of intelligent argument. It is also here in Metro Manila that DUTERTE will have a hard time INTIMIDATING and much less THREATENING those who he perceives to be a criminal simply because it is here where we stared a dictator down and subsequently kicked him out of the country.

Thirdly, everyone here wants to be safe --- whether in their homes or outside of it during the day or night. I'm saying its a slippery slope that DUTERTE is on when he thinks that he can simply ignore laws or rights in the name of good governance and peace and order. Heck, Marcos declared martial law under the guise of restoring peace and order and it took 20 long years of brutality before freedom was restored.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. So have a lot of our politicians started out.

So those who endorse DUTERTE and forward his merits as a possible president should have a better argument than the so-called "restoration of peace and order" and "discipline" shtick because, trust me, after 6 years of that, people are gonna wonder what the hell they fought for during martial law.

Got that?
    +100 i couldn't think of a better retort than this rejoinder bro. i'd just like to up this one.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Dunno, sana hindi na lang niya inamin na me DDS; those kinds of groups operate best when left unnoticed anyways. There's a bit of arrogance that came with that admission.

Right now i'm worried he might start World War 3 with China if he does become president.

Ano kaya kung nagtandem sina Miriam and Duterte no?
    Last edited by badkuk; May 26th, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Does advocating to killing criminals constitute to murder? if so then duterte & his minions is worse than a snatcher

Will these murderers shoot themselves in the head? If not, then its all just for show

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast