New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    People "dress in white" nambobola na naman

The catholic church and healthcare industry wants many babies.

Doctors’ group warns of falling Phl fertility rate
    By Mayen Jaymalin (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 17, 2017 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - A group of doctors called “Doctors for Life” has called on President Duterte to slow down on the government’s reproductive health (RH) program, warning that the country’s population might already be dangerously aging, as Filipinos’ fertility rate continues to drop.

The Supreme Court has yet to lift a two-year-old restraining order on the RH Law, specifically the government’s distribution of contraceptive implants.

In a letter to the President, the group said the country’s national fertility rate has fallen from eight children to less than three in a span of over 50 years, and this could spell problems for the Philippines in the future.

“There is no reason to believe that this trend will not continue, with or without contraceptives, because it is a result of rural to urban migration and educational and employment opportunities for women, not contraception, which inevitably includes abortion,” the group said.

“The greater danger is that it will proceed to below replacement level, as it is already in most of the world. Its population has grown too old to sustain the transition to a fully developed status,” it added.

According to Doctors for Life, an aging population brought about by below-replacement fertility could also affect the social security programs, which can become unsustainable as many countries in Asia and Europe are now experiencing.

Many countries, the group said, are now suffering from aging population and have to hire foreign workers just to sustain their economies.

“We should not make the same mistake,” the group said, as it urged Duterte to look for other measures to address the problem of poverty.

The group claimed the RH Law violates the Constitution and could put the lives of many women at risk.

RH proponents point out that access to reproductive health services can in fact discourage women and teenage girls from resorting to abortion.

The country has committed to achieve UN Millennium Development Goals on universal access to RH services.
    Doctors’ group warns of falling Phl fertility rate | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have a lot of childless friends (married in their late 20s) Two are going through fertility treatments to get pregnant na. Makes me wonder why it's so hard to get pregnant in our generation.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I have a lot of childless friends (married in their late 20s) Two are going through fertility treatments to get pregnant na. Makes me wonder why it's so hard to get pregnant in our generation.

its the food...example fukushima..most people dont know they lost the uranium rods...it was lost under the sea for 6 years...they found a few last month..using robots..di pa sure if all accounted for...imagine ocean currents going in circles...plus all the trash and mercury at sea....go google trash island in the middle of the pacific...thats why i dont eat fish anymore

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Pa check-up sila for ovarian cysts. Kami ni misis matagal bago nagka 2nd child. When she got pregnant, during one of the ultrasounds, nakita na may kasabay na ovarian cyst. Fortunately, hindi naka-impede sa growth the anak ko yung cyst. Our next pregnancy was not so lucky though because the cyst already got too large. When it was finally taken out, the doctor said it was roughly the size of a fist.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So what changed? Sleeping habits? Toothpastes? Vaccines? Air pollution? 🤔

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    More and more men are wearing sandals with socks. 100% effective birth control. 😆

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    More and more men are wearing sandals with socks. 100% effective birth control. 😆
    hahaha, nice one bro.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    its the food...example fukushima..most people dont know they lost the uranium rods...it was lost under the sea for 6 years...they found a few last month..using robots..di pa sure if all accounted for...imagine ocean currents going in circles...plus all the trash and mercury at sea....go google trash island in the middle of the pacific...thats why i dont eat fish anymore

Its amazing how fast they can make chicken weigh more than 1kg. Where are they getting the feeds? I have no idea...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Crocs is even more effective

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its amazing how fast they can make chicken weigh more than 1kg. Where are they getting the feeds? I have no idea...

corn!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast