New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    You see, they all started by expressing how they really love the country. then promising to the people the moon and the stars etc..etc..

but then after they're voted to their positions, things go south. they became KINGS and QUEENS to their constituents and forgot their promises but only their own interest. they're not a public servants anymore.

as the saying goes: "to destroy him, give him power". this saying seems true to politicians because most of these people are loyal, trustworthy and God fearing. now that they are in power, their moral values, integrity and selflessness is overcame by greed and considered themselves as one of the gods now.

in a thread i read how people expressed their love for our country. me, im sure i love our country as well, but does this means that things will go differently if i'll be in power? of course mostly will say, that depends on you're individuality and breeding. but you see its easier said than done.

how about you once you're in power? will you be distroyed morally etc..etc.. -going to the dark side- as well?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In general, all these politicians we have here just love the power and money that comes with the position. All the financial kickbacks and pork barrel.

Can you just imagine spending more than P200M on your election campaign? The reality is that political candidate will be getting back every centavo he spend and then a lot more will be coming his way during his political stay in office.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the reality of Philippine politics. No ifs and buts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i dont think so. these politicians are like mercenaries, they do a certain task for money.that's why they dont even care whether the economy is improving or not.and that makes the phils poor.f**king politicians!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    how about you once you're in power? will you be distroyed morally etc..etc.. -going to the dark side- as well?
    being a politiian or in order to survive being a politician, you must have the heart to do both.

so if I become a politician someday, I'll use both the good and the dark side of the force.

common people cant really understand this or dont have the heart for this. kahit ano explanation gawin, hindi talaga maintindihan kasi they have only chosen 1 truth in life. and that is absolute.

====

now how can you understand this or have the heart for this?

ang pinaka-requisite eh you've done something in the past that brought you down talaga. like for example nag-drugs ka, you wasted all your parents fortune, you were too idealistic and pushed everyone close aside, you can't learn a skill while you're aging

simply, tamad or workaholic won't do in life. so aspire to be in the middle of things, and that is a true politician. marami sa politicians natin ngaun are greedy, hungry for recognition and power and wealth. tingin ko hilaw pa talaga sila on what a true authentic politician really is.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    being a politiian or in order to survive being a politician, you must have the heart to do both.

so if I become a politician someday, I'll use both the good and the dark side of the force.

common people cant really understand this or dont have the heart for this. kahit ano explanation gawin, hindi talaga maintindihan kasi they have only chosen 1 truth in life. and that is absolute.

====

now how can you understand this or have the heart for this?

ang pinaka-requisite eh you've done something in the past that brought you down talaga. like for example nag-drugs ka, you wasted all your parents fortune, you were too idealistic and pushed everyone close aside, you can't learn a skill while you're aging

simply, tamad or workaholic won't do in life. so aspire to be in the middle of things, and that is a true politician. marami sa politicians natin ngaun are greedy, hungry for recognition and power and wealth. tingin ko hilaw pa talaga sila on what a true authentic politician really is.
    true, a politician should have attributes like being resilient and diplomatic to say the least. as you said, -use a little of both good and dark side- but they really tends to drift and cling more to the dark side. how "hilaw" are they? pinas is one of what they called "third world", well, are these politicians in so called "1st world" don't act the same? how they differ?..what makes them "luto"?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In general, all these politicians we have here just love the power and money that comes with the position. All the financial kickbacks and pork barrel.

Can you just imagine spending more than P200M on your election campaign? The reality is that political candidate will be getting back every centavo he spend and then a lot more will be coming his way during his political stay in office.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the reality of Philippine politics. No ifs and buts.
    so even the likes of our idol boxer Manny Paquiao who spent more than 100 million pesos on his election campaign has the same agenda if he won ha?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you call them "politicians" ?

i call them "thieves"!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *^^^

sad but true
    politicians only express their love and concern for the country only during Elections :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Remember Manuel L. Quezon's line? mas naisin pa raw nya na " the Philippines run by filipinos like HELL than run like HEAVEN by the americans".tumalab yata yung sinasabi nya,magaling syang mag forsee...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrocks View Post
    Remember Manuel L. Quezon's line? mas naisin pa raw nya na " the Philippines run by filipinos like HELL than run like HEAVEN by the americans".tumalab yata yung sinasabi nya,magaling syang mag forsee...
    Exactly!!!

Politics is the most lucrative business in the Philippines, that's why however high the investment capital is, a lot of them still run. Where else can you find a business where you can recoupe your money in just a month, guaranteed!! and the succeeding months are profits:furious:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Do politicians in power love their country?  How about you! ..once you're in power?