New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *actor21

While I sympathize with your situation, it still is not an excuse to defraud people who you have obligations with. Some people will disagree but for me non-payment of debt is SWINDLING. The lender has put faith on you, you should show you are worth that faith...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    maganda yan, para sa mga taong walang hiya.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *actor21

While I sympathize with your situation, it still is not an excuse to defraud people who you have obligations with. Some people will disagree but for me non-payment of debt is SWINDLING. The lender has put faith on you, you should show you are worth that faith...

well sir yung iba talaga na ayaw magbayad e talagang gawain siguro nila..but for me, though I'm still paying..I threatened them that If I don't
    receive my free 2 roundtrip tickets..I will never pay them and the can sue me for all i care....

i do have a strong case against them, pero yung iba talagang tao, uutang tapos tatakbuhan na mga cards nila, meron ako mga personal na kakilala na ganun ang gawain...

kaya i posted my reason (not to pay next month ) if i don't get my air tickets since nung nag sign ako ng loan contract nakalagay mismo yun sa pinirmahan ko...

meron din naman hindi pa nakakabayad kase nawalan ng trabaho siempre, dapat natin ding unawain yung ganung sitwasyon..pero..yung ayaw lang talaga magbayad...ibang usapan na yun

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    but none of that is the point of that site. that site is all about running from obligations and the commitments one has made. what are we if we have no word of honor?
    para sakin Utang is Utang...dapat talaga bayaran...wag naman takbuhan..kase ako ang daming tumakbo sakin e waaaaaaaaaaaaa...malaki laki pa yung pa lend namin sa coop na hindi nasingil at ako ang guarantor waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^we already have that law Sir...RA 3765, Truth in Lending Act. it demands full disclosure to prevent the uninformed use of credit. sa case ni actor 21, pwede mo naman i cancel yun...when one party obliged to deliver and failed to make such delivery, such default would exonerate the other from perfoming his obligation.

with credit cards, you settle not with the agents but to the legal division of the main office, offering them that you are willing to compromise...the collection agent can't sue you because the contract is not with them but with the CC company. even if we think of subrogation, di pa rin because the other party needs to be informed of the subrogation...i have an acquaintance, who owed 500K+ to a CC company...the CC company allowed that it be settled at 50K...why, because this credit of yours is insured also. so the CC's recourse would be against an insurance company in case the debtor has defaulted from paying...a friend whose debt ballooned to almost 200K, 5 years had elapsed no attempt to compromise, and yet, a lot of CC card companies sent him CC...

i don't like also how these agents collect the debt...nang iinsulto...my ex boss, paid short for about 100 pesos only, minura ba naman...my former colleague, 69 pesos lang, minura din ng agent...so they wrote the CC company detailing how they were insulted and asked that their cards be terminated...anyway, they have several cards with huge credit limit...

pero at the end of the day, it's always good to feel you're liquid and debt free...and solvent. it's gives you more physical freedom, and yes, a spirit that's calm and in peace...

maganda pa rin ang walang utang para di mas maging complicated ang buhay, just in case economic reversal strikes you...
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 27th, 2009 at 11:24 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *actor21

it depends on the intention Sir. swindling presupposes that even before performance, the perpetrator has already in mind not to pay. like for example, sinaid mo ang 500K credit limit mo, and you went to settle to another country. without informing the CC company that you have changed your address...that's fraud...yes, swindling. sa case naman ng ibang CC holders, nangutang but because of some money problem in the family, the holder can't pay just yet...di ito swindling...kaya may non imprisonment for debt provision tayo sa Constitution...

but this is not to say na nagustuhan ko ang diskarte...kasi di tama yun....let's be frugal, let's live within our means...acquire things that we can afford like when we have cash...such that when we won't earn in the next few months, di na masyado mahirap mag adjust, savings would just be there helping you to recoup and be back on your feet again.
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 27th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *ab_initio ano po pwede ko gawin since mag bibill na naman sila saking ng 2nd monthly installment ko sa March 10, pero upto now wala pading tickets..nagbanta na ako na sa 2nd billing pag wala pa ito hindi ako magbabayad...puro i coconfirm daw kung nasaan na..etc etc..binging bingi na ako sa mga palusot nila e.

ni di nga sinabi sakin na babawasan yung 30k ng processing fee e, pero tinanggap ko nalang kase yung ticket ang mahalaga sakin (gift ko sa dad ko bday nya nung feb 14, at sa mom ko)..pero nung binabalik ko yung 28,800 ayaw naman nila..waaaaaaaaaaa

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    *ab_initio ano po pwede ko gawin since mag bibill na naman sila saking ng 2nd monthly installment ko sa March 10, pero upto now wala pading tickets..nagbanta na ako na sa 2nd billing pag wala pa ito hindi ako magbabayad...puro i coconfirm daw kung nasaan na..etc etc..binging bingi na ako sa mga palusot nila e.

ni di nga sinabi sakin na babawasan yung 30k ng processing fee e, pero tinanggap ko nalang kase yung ticket ang mahalaga sakin (gift ko sa dad ko bday nya nung feb 14, at sa mom ko)..pero nung binabalik ko yung 28,800 ayaw naman nila..waaaaaaaaaaa

don't pay yet til they perform. they will be forced to deliver asap. meantime, relax ka lang, it's as if wala kang kinikuhang ticket. pag may penalty wag mo bayaran ang penalty, fax a letter to the company attn the division handling this concern...di ka nila hahabulin sa penalty. ganyan ako pag late ang delivery ng billing statement ko...i don't pay the surcharge...kahit di pa umabot ng 100, di ko binabayaran...written off. di ako pwedeng magbayad no matter how small the amount is, pag di ko naman fault.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    don't pay yet til they perform. they will be forced to deliver asap. meantime, relax ka lang, it's as if wala kang kinikuhang ticket. pag may penalty wag mo bayaran ang penalty, fax a letter to the company attn the division handling this concern...di ka nila hahabulin sa penalty. ganyan ako pag late ang delivery ng billing statement ko...i don't pay the surcharge...kahit di pa umabot ng 100, di ko binabayaran...written off. di ako pwedeng magbayad no matter how small the amount is, pag di ko naman fault.
    i see, sige gagawin ko to, kaso ihahanda ko na sarili ko sa mga MURA ng mga collecting agents nila...kakabanas madugasan...since 2006 pa nila ako card holder
    wala ako problema sa kanila tapos dahil sa promo nagkakaproblema tuloy ako

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ pag minumura ka ng collection agent fax your complaint to the customer service division of the CC company...there's this guideline that sanctions this practice of harassing the clients...pag nag start na siya magmura ibagsak mo telepono ng pagkalakas...let him take his own dose of medicine.

btw, sa complaint mo don't forget to state the date and time when the harassment happened. and well, pwede din yung assumed name ng agent...include mo na rin.
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 27th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Whew! These are enlightening discussions! (I see the light!).....

7505:bravo:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
DISKARTE_Guidelines on Credit Paranoia