New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Was just thinking since I was in Edsa back in 86 as a student. I even remember being in the Comelec when the walk out happened and went to Malacanang palace when the Marcoses fled.

I remember listening to Cory when the fence in the UP parking lot fell due to the sheer amount of people on it.

I remember that we wanted Change.

Now here is the question I asked myself yesterday. Did she really initiate Change or did she merely help perpetuate the very tradpols we were fighting against. I remember Lean before he was salvaged and many who gave their lives for the cause. The sacrifices that were made. Did she merely replace the old corrupt system with more people and technocrats that drove us to the quagmire and mess that is today? If she merely handed it back to the same type of people who were there before would it be fair to say that she betrayed the ordinary people who were behind her?

If so, why should we trust Cory still?

Just some musings of a guy who felt that we could have had a Change but to this very day politics is still as ridden with all the crooks that were there before. They may have different names, parties and slogans but it all looks and feels the same.

If so, would it be fair to say that Cory sold the Filipino out? That she is actually a traitor.

I know it sounds to harsh a term and maybe she was just to naive to have done something. But still she had the power to initiate Change didn't she? And she was mandated to do so. If she was incompetent at the job she should have just admitted so. And admit now. And what about the innocent blood spilled during her term. Anyone remember the farmers that were massacred?

Just a question from another fellow Filipino.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Its a filipino curse, we are meant to relive a vicious cycle of corruption, people power and failed governance. We expect too much. We don't punish those who needs to be punished (Marcos, Estrada, Ping Lacson...). We let those who don't deserve to rule lead. We let those who "lead", fool us. WE NEVER LEARN FROM THE PAST. WE ARE STUCK WITH A ROTTEN MANIPULATED CONSTITUTION...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The Cory Constitution was not really meant to address the needs of our country...it was made to preserve Cory's hold on power....Cory had the chance to restore genuine people power democracy...unfortunately, her lack of political will and experience did the country more damage...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    si cory ayaw ng change.

when ramos pushed for charter change, ayaw niya daw.

when erap pushed for charter change (seems odd for this president to push for charter change kasi ayaw niya before ito pero maybe as president na-realize nya na kailangan) ayaw din ni cory.

now gma is pushing for charter change, ayaw pa din nya.

she's like a mother na sobrang protective and conservative, takot sa change. ok yan kung pampamilya pero kung pambayan, parang hindi eh.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bakit si Tita Cory sinisisi natin? Eh sino bang naglagay sa kanya as president? E diba the intelligent Filipino People?? Why did we install a plain house wife as president of our already chaotic country in the first place?

Eto classic example ng pinoy using emotion for decision making...Masyado kasi tayong nadadala sa mga telenobela.. Isipin mo naman yung asawa ng martyr ang ilagay mo para lumaban sa isang malupet na diktador..Wow how convenient very telenobelic. It has all the ingredients for a suspenseful and exciting novel, very appealing to intensely emotional pinoys..

Tapos nagyon na palpak siya, siya sisisihin..Andami nating matatalinong presidente from Quezon to Macoy, same banana parin Pilipinas..Tapos we expect a plain housewife to turn it all around..

As long as emotional decision at hindi objective ang pag pili nating mga pinoy sa ating mga leader I dont think this country is goin anywhere..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Same problem we have now, the people were then unable to find an common alternative to Marcos, so we picked Cory. Maybe we should pick Susan Roces as an alternative to GMA...Hehehe. Thanks God Susan Roces turned down the opposition when asked to lead...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hay yang cory na yan. she could have done the best thing by handing over power to more competent people. the reason why she was 'used' during the edsa revolution was because of her emotional attachment to the people. she was the rallying point for what ninoy stood for. the real deal was when she gained the presidency, she will form a transitionary government and transfer power to the 'real' leaders. perhaps doy laurel, ramos, gringo, etc. but she was not meant to stay there.

pero syempre, power corrupts. kaya ayun, di na sya umalis. at tuloy tuloy nang nasira ang pangarap.

ngayon, dahil sa personal interest (hacienda luisita vs carp, naia vs dmia, etc.) and maybe pride (dapat hindi mapalitan yung constitution na ginawa nya), e panay kontra na lang sa lahat ng sumunod sa kanya (except fvr kasi may utang na loob sya dun).

anyway, in fairness to her, and that i don't totally blame her, she was a major instrument in the ouster of marcos and the restoration of democracy. without her, it could have never happened. and as a democracy, we are still learning. i believe it could take decades more (siguro mga 2 generations pa) bago talaga maperfect natin ang system and eliminate the remnants of the dark past.

our job na lang siguro is to teach our offspring the right things to do and always remember and learn from past mistakes.

personally, i've lost confidence in her. opinion ko lang po to. but i still believe that our country will rise again. and people will start caring for each other once more.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    actually if you really sum it up, it is not cory who is to blame but us, yes us, we were the one who was convinced to walk through the roads of edsa1 people power, we were all entombed by the promises and hope of a democracy and freedom, so we all march along that highway to shoo off marcos but replacing a more greedy tobacco user and 5 inches stiletto wearer.

but come to think of it, if marcos was still in rule by this moment, surely he had corrupted even more,yet if peso was hasnt drop, i dont mind, as long as the country is stable.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Not technically betray ,,,napabayaan ang kahulugan o hindi niya nalagyan ng kahulugan cgru dahil ....

1) busy siya pagdalaw kay ninoy every sunday
    2) natataranta siya kay kris dahil mag a artista na
    3) natataranta siya kay noynoy baka nagda dalaga na
    4) kumukupas na ang dilaw niyang blusa at naubos na ang stock ng mananahi
    5) hmmmm anu pa ba ? basta naging busy cguro siya ..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    bro, what are you coming at here?. . .bakit si tita cory ang napagtuunan mo ng pansin?. . .she could be our only non-corrupt president in the last 50 years. . .we could blame her for not doing much which could be attributed to her lack of political-maneuvering skills. . .corruption existed during her term because of her lack of will and action. . .but the other presidents, corruption existed because of their own will and actions. . .

bro, you're clearly barking at the wrong tree here. . .

peace of christ!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Did Cory betray the spirit of Edsa of the 80s?