it's not about journalism...

it's about ego...

it's greed for recognition and praise.

"Wow ang galing ni Ces Drilon, na-interview nya ang Abu Sayyaf"

it's vanity.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Sulu Governor Abdursakur Tan had a very valid gripe: What the hell was ABS-CBN doing in Sulu?? Sulu has many beautiful things to offer, why would a news team go there just to interview the Abu Sayyaf?? Prior to this incident, nobody was talking about the Abus anymore, the military was saying that it was a spent force, and now, due to Ms. Drilon's propensity for self-aggrandizement, ayun, nasira ulit ang Sulu (and the Philippines as well).

Si Ces na rin ang nagsabi, no story is worth dying for. Kung di ba naman sila engot, alam naman nila ang nangyari kay Maan Macapagal and Arlyn dela Cruz, sumugod pa rin para mag-interview ng TERRORIST slash GANGSTER. What was she thinking?! Marunong nga ba siyang mag-isip?!

IMO, serves her right, and pardon the harsh words, but I'm no bleeding heart.

But mark my words, mangyayari ulit ito. Some peabrain of a journalist will still try to interview known terrorists and justify their act by saying that the public has a right to be informed (conveniently omitting the fact that they themselves become famous for their feat, which is their primary goal all along).
    agree agree

ndi nila alam walang press freedom press freedom sa mga terorista.

baka si maria ressa naman ang susunod na mga interview doon.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ces thinks she's untouchable coz:

1. She's Ces Drilon (hey, i'm famous)

2. She's from ABSCBN (wow taga ABS... bigtime)

3. She's media (di nyo ba alam media is untouchable?)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    ...If the no paying of kidnappers policy is a problem what other option would you say is viable?
    I would suggest the Soviet option. Of the many reasons that we don't hear of any Russians being terrorist victims during the Cold War, the one that is rarely talked about is this:

Everytime a Russian is kidnapped by any sort of terrorist, the ransom is paid. Quickly.

Once the victim is safe, overwhelming force is used. By overwhelming, I mean that everyone connected to that cell is disposed of in the manner which would severely hamper one's afterlife (depending on one's beliefs). Everyone meaning from the members of the cell, to their families, to their known sponsors, and everyone in between.

Of course, word of mouth gets around. This did not give 100% assurance, but it did minimize Soviet troubles with terrorists.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I remember the ex-CNN correspondent & now ABS-CBN/ANC head (yata) ng News & Current Affairs Maria Ressa that she has her method of when to go or not to in situations that would endanger her life. I recon that she had gone to war-torn countries for news coverage before. Why did she allow Ces to cover interview with the Abus?
    In these ransom fiasco, we are again confused of whether who is telling the truth? Was the Mayor involved? Are the people asking for ransom the Abu-Sayafs? How about the grandstanding Senator's involvement? The Police, the Governor's involvement? Did ABS-CBN paid ransom? the bystander...etc...etc...
    Was this made para ma-divert ang attention from the economic issues e.g. NFA rice, fuel increase, increase in price of EVERYTHING, etc.
    God have mercy on us...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nasanay na ata mangupit mga politico ng ransom money...

RANSOM. Indanan Mayor Alvarez Isnaji’s son, Haider, and Sulu Vice Governor Lady Ann Sahidula, look at the ransom money given by the family of TV reporter Ces Drilon to her captors in exchange for her release, along with her crew, and their guide. Seated in a yellow shirt and vest is the elder Isnaji. The photo is among the pieces of evidence presented by PNP Chief Avelino Razon to media Friday as proof of their claim that the Isnajis were accomplices of the kidnappers, identified as alleged members of the Abu Sayyaf. Razon also claims that Mayor Isnaji pocketed P3 million of the P5 million ransom. INQUIRER.net/Thea Alberto
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 20th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    samantala hirap na hirap kumita ng pera ang mga tao di sa Maynila...

kelangan pa mag abroad ang iba...

yun pala nasa Sulu ang racket

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Ces thinks she's untouchable coz:

1. She's Ces Drilon (hey, i'm famous)

2. She's from ABSCBN (wow taga ABS... bigtime)

3. She's media (di nyo ba alam media is untouchable?)

media aren't supposed to be untouchable. the more we think that way, the more we accept it, the more things stay the way they are.

It's reality? true. but the least we can do is demand of media to conduct themselves just like everybody else. for the bad eggs, only the public has the right to reject or accept them.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    the "kidnappers" are not terrorists but they are mercenaries
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Still a kidnap-me....

1. ces drilon is not an ordinary media personality....taga abs-cbn yan bilib sa sarili.
    2. 9 days is very short time to abduct and release a hostage in a small island of sulo sorrounded by military forces.
    3. negotiator...ang dami! pati si senadora ambisyosa naki sakay.
    4. they released first hostage and waited in sulo for ces drilon to be release...alam nya kelan.
    5. photo ops with senadora sa plane after landing....bwiset!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Did ABS-CBN and a certain female senator inadvertently aid terrorists?