New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    additional 2 years of senior highschool.. so aabutan ba yung mga anak natin nito?? sa public school lang ba to?? or pati private schools??

additional 2 years in hs.. additional gastos to!

sa ngayon nga yung ibang public schools may 2 shifts na.. yung iba 3 shifts pa to accomodate the number of students.. tapos dadagdagan pa nang 2 years? hayy

http://www.philstar.com/ArticlePrint...bCategoryId=63

DepEd to start 'K+12' in June
    MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Education (DepEd) is set to implement the first phase of its ambitious K+12 (kindergarten plus 12 years) proposal with the establishment of thousands of “kindergarten schools” in most of the 38,000 public elementary schools throughout the country by the opening of school year 2011-2012 this June.

Education Secretary Armin Luistro said yesterday the kindergarten schools would also be bolstered by thousands of pre-schools to be created from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) barangay day care centers in collaboration with the Department of Health.

Luistro said the DepEd was given much encouragement to push ahead with their grand plan to add two years to the basic education curriculum (BEC).

The current BEC has 10 years of elementary and secondary education, but the DepEd now wants to have six years of elementary education, four years of junior high school and an additional two years of senior high school.

Luistro said consultative meetings in the country’s 17 regions regarding the K+12 program have been completed, and results of a survey conducted among the participants of these meetings showed that 77 percent approved of the plan.

“We’re very happy with the results,” Luistro said in a press briefing yesterday at the DepEd central office in Pasig City.

Luistro noted that there were even several regions, namely IV-A, IV-B, V, VII, VIII, XI, and Caraga, that were 100 percent supportive of the program.

The stakeholders invited to attend the consultative meetings were students and educators in private and public schools, their parents, and representatives from the government and the private sector, according to Luistro.

The education chief, however, said there were also some sentiments against the program that were raised during the meetings.

“We noted that in most of the regions, there was a turnaround in sentiment on K+12 when we explained it clearly, when we presented the benefits of the program and allayed concerns on the additional costs and years in school,” Luistro said.

He said that what they emphasized was that the K+12 program will make high school graduates ready for employment straight out of high school.

The DepEd earlier said that the K+12 plan is projected to need additional funding amounting to P43.67 billion for more classrooms, teachers and textbooks.

But Luistro said the DepEd is not yet focusing on the financial aspect of the program since the additional two years of school that will be instituted in public schools will only be set up by school year 2016-2017.

“That’s a long time from now. We’re focusing now on addressing the current shortages in classrooms,” Luistro said.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Kung sino sino kasi ginagawang secretary na mga walang alam.

Kid learn the real stuff in college, not through books and lectures but in experience.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    not a good idea, in my opinion.

its very obvious that the lenght of schooling is not the root cause of the low literacy rate among filipinos.

there is nothing wrong with the current BEC duration.

whats wrong is the quality of the education, from the curriculum contents to the school facilities to the teachers themselves.

there are good schools out there that still produce top graduates even on an accelerated mode.

i know, i came from old school (no pun intended) public science school.

sa band-aid solution na to ng deped, mas marami pa tayong mga kabataan na hindi makakatapos ng pag-aaral dahil pinalalaki pa nila ang gastos sa pag-aaral.

filipino literacy rate will see its lowest point, ironically, within the next 5 years of implementing this.

tsk tsk tsk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Kung sino sino kasi ginagawang secretary na mga walang alam.

Kid learn the real stuff in college, not through books and lectures but in experience.
    academically speaking, this is half true only.

we specialize in college to be a doctor, economists, etc.

but we didnt learn math and grammar through experience. someone taught it to us. so we need books and lectures.

if I may add, I think only two countries in the world has 10 years of general/basic education. One is the Philippines. The rest of the world has 12 years. This was based on the data from CHED which was used by one of our committees to assess the additional 2 years in general education.

now, the problem in the Philippines is very complicated. in our university, many new students still have difficulty in math and communication courses which reflects the inadequacy in the general education (elem to highschool). What happens is that the university "provides" the additional learning in the general education which is supposed to be done in elem and HS.

however, given the current situation where we lack teachers, classrooms and books, it will be difficult to add additional 2 years in the general education system. this is not just a a matter of additional costs on the part of the parents but also on the part of the government.

if i remember it correctly, one of the suggestions on the committee I mentioned is to put up a "junior college" system which will focus on deficiencies in basic or general education. then in the actual college, students can choose their specialized fields.

maybe good students can skip junior colleges and jump straight to baccalaureate program.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Well kahit ilang years pa sila sa school, fact is only a small number of people will be hired. The rest, either tatambay sa bahay asa sa magulang or sa call center.

Wait a moment, there's a couple of good quotes from Bill Gates.

I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.
    I studied every thing but never topped...But today the toppers of the best universities are my employees

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Well kahit ilang years pa sila sa school, fact is only a small number of people will be hired. The rest, either tatambay sa bahay asa sa magulang or sa call center.

Wait a moment, there's a couple of good quotes from Bill Gates.
    Very rare lang nangyayari yung hindi ka nagaral and naging successful ka. Majority of the populace need good education to have at least a decent salary.

In our present education system, masyadong bata ang mga graduates. 20yo or below, college graduate na. Karamihan isip bata pa and yung iba nga dun di pa kayang lumayo sa parents.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    He said that what they emphasized was that the K+12 program will make high school graduates ready for employment straight out of high school.
    kalokohan din yung pwede nang mag work after the 6 years planned high school.. eh sa dami nang na graduate sa college every year.. sa dami nang pumapasa sa mga board exams.. na hirap pa din maka kuha nang work dito sa atin.. san pupulutin yang graduate lang nang 6 years of highschool.. eh di syempre mas uunahin na nang mga employers yung graduate nang 4 year course sa college..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    at karamihan sa mga employer, ang requirements nila eh college graduate..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Very rare lang nangyayari yung hindi ka nagaral and naging successful ka. Majority of the populace need good education to have at least a decent salary.

In our present education system, masyadong bata ang mga graduates. 20yo or below, college graduate na. Karamihan isip bata pa and yung iba nga dun di pa kayang lumayo sa parents.
    I agree.

Regarding the very successful dropout Bill Gates, ERAP used him as an example to show that having a college degree is not necessary to be successful.

A few successful dropouts should not be a reason not to get an education.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Buti nalang hindi ako aabutan nito kasi college freshman na ako sa pasukan.

Siguro matutuwa ang mga kakagraduate ng Grade 6 this year dahil five years silang magkakasama sa hirap at ginhawa

Buti nalang hindi ko sila tinakot kasi sa year book committee, tinatawagan ko sila for the info at hindi ko minemention ang k12 thingy.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
DepEd to start 'K+12' in June 2011