New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OB/minicaph, minsan (or madalas) may sense ang mga insight/observation mo

ano sa tingin mo baket mahina pasok ng 2017?

sa naririnig ko/observation may epekto na ang pag hina ng piso

may naririnig din ako sa mga customer na hindi pa daw sila nakaka collection kaya wala pa sila pondo for purchases

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Sinabi mo. People say most likely sa Chinese New Year pa sila makakolekta. Glum ang prospects ng mga kakilala ko for 2017. More competition, thinner margins, higher importation costs, higher overhead lagi ang comments nila.

DoF proposal has been replaced by HB 4774. New version is a little kinder to volume seller cars but will all but scuttle the luxury segment. Additional fuel tax is still there.

BusinessWorld | Tax reforms enter legislative mill

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...r-hb-4774.html

Sounds good for the salaried lower income brackets, but for the informal sector, the increase in fuel tax will be felt a lot more.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    simple lang *uls,

2015 - almost 300K cars sold
    2016 - 350K++ cars sold

if you will analyze the demographic of those who bought the PPV's, it's more of those rank and file employees. the ones who can't really afford 1.5M worth of cars but they are the new subprime. they are easily approved

actually, I was counting on the slowdown of the car industry last year pa, kaya lang the Montero and Fortuner, got released while the MUX and Everest solidified their stocks

so given the 5 year terms of these rank and file employees with high monthly installment, may pang-spend pa ba sila sa other things

I have pointing and pointing out to this forum, delikado ang mga low-downs or no-downs na yan, sooner or later it will bite us in the back at yan ang magpapabagsak ng economy natin coz all people are heavily in debt.

I think the only solution now for the PPV's is to offer cuthroat discounts. say in 2016 MUX AT averaged at 1.3M+, dapat 1.1M na lang, while the MT 1.0M na lang. The everest should do the same too. from this perspective, I know it's only Mitsu that sees the market being the top-seller of diesel workhorses since the 80s. and I know Mitsu will do magic this year with their pricing to increase their sales and jumpstart consumer spending.

we are all in a bubble naman. the PPV are our only hope. if these cars get taxed, then domino effect. nobody will buy and those who bought already will have the burden of paying high premium while the companies they work with are not really earning coz the PPV owners are opting to stay at home and cut on other expenses just to pay their high car premiums.

let's take for example, Hyundai. Hyundai used to be a lead in SUV here coz the Japanese suvs were more expensive circa 2006 to 2012. now, Hyundai barely sells any of their SUV line-up but it says there in the report that they sold a lot of cars in 2016, a lot of Eons and Accents, ano tubo nila dun? but Hyundai still managed to stay afloat coz customers opted for their low maintenance / low expense cars.

so what does that say about the market? there are 2 spenders, the young who computes and computes everything with their smartphones, and opted for the good deal Hyundais and the middle rank and file who wants to be like their bosses or the rich and bought the PPVs.

sooner or later these two markets will be heavily in debt, and maybe that's why it's slowly happening now, peso value decreased, expenses increase and wait there's more, what about those 30K / month premium for the brand new spanking Fortuner or MUX.

sa tingen ko delikado tayo ngaun, unless the PPV offer more promos. why not make the Philippines more PPV, do away with AUVs amd CUVs, we might still survive 2017

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Sinabi mo. People say most likely sa Chinese New Year pa sila makakolekta. Glum ang prospects ng mga kakilala ko for 2017. More competition, thinner margins, higher importation costs, higher overhead lagi ang comments nila.

DoF proposal has been replaced by HB 4774. New version is a little kinder to volume seller cars but will all but scuttle the luxury segment. Additional fuel tax is still there.

BusinessWorld | Tax reforms enter legislative mill

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...r-hb-4774.html

Sounds good for the salaried lower income brackets, but for the informal sector, the increase in fuel tax will be felt a lot more.
    one thing I noticed are the food industry, ngaun naging average na ang P250 to get a good decent meal. while the fastfoods are in the P150 mark per meal.

if say an employee is 5 days a week times 2 meals a day, that's P500 per day or P300 per day for fastfood. x 20 days P10000 per month or P6000 per month just for the meals na hindi mo malaman if nutritious for you coz you are buying outside. so naturally, the stress in the workplace plus unsafe food will bring sickness (another expense) and probably, family problems, which will also cost money if you are a family of four or a family with college students.

I heard that sobrang takaw daw ng mga bata ngaun, and a simple family meal sa mall is averaging at P1500

given all these expenses na hindi naman basic necessities ( for instance you can opt for baon) and home overhead rising as well as car premiums, health and insurance premiums and home maintenance like for example pest removal. do take note pests do like to stay in families who are fat coz they excrete more biological waste

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Fast food is only P100 like the KFC or Jollibee 1 pc chicken. But most employees in our office bring baon or there is a lady that brings lunch daily. I think it's P60 per meal, home cooked pa

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Fast food is only P100 like the KFC or Jollibee 1 pc chicken. But most employees in our office bring baon or there is a lady that brings lunch daily. I think it's P60 per meal, home cooked pa

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    I also prefer home cooked. I get to limit my calories to the dot. Havent eaten outside the past weeks except that one mcdo meal. 250/daily is way too much for 10k-20k earners.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^

Ang hapdi talaga sa ilong, sakit pa sa ulo. Nakapunta ako sa terminal ng bus grabe ewan ko paano nakakatagal yung lungs ng driver at condoctor.

Ang focus ngayon nasa sigarilyo. Baka next year maghipit na pag public place bawal hithit buga.

Pero dapat sa sasakyan mas mahigpit government sa dangerous emission. Example meron nagyosi at nabugahan ka ng secondhand smoke eh masakit pa din ulo pero ibang level pag usok ng diesel. Bantot bantot.

Dapat no registration pag blank egr.
    awt's sapol ang lumang advie ko.

ang dapat dyan.wag ng ibenta sa pinas ung mga sasakyang may binubunggang maitim na usok.kaso sapol kaming mahihirap na hindi kayang bumili ng brand new sasakyang hindi mausok.

kung walang mag bebenta..walang bibili..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    yup ganun na nga

thanks for your input

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yup makes sense OB

people are burdened with debt

sabayan mo pa ng pag taas ng presyo

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ups wag mo justify na kaya Humina business mo is because most people are in debt. That's dangerous to think also

What you need to do is target and approach your market aggressively wag ka antay ps kaput sila, even though a country in debt can be quite a pain in the ass for business. You should lure your target market. Stuff like Booky, Promo Codes and lapsing freebies can entice your customers even if they are heavily in debt.

Aralin mo human nature, lure them to your business. Most businessmen today are crying luge because they're not creative enough to lure customers. I call these businessmen the proud ones and they are doomed to fail anytime soon.

Case in point the Japanese Reston sprouting all over the Metro, bakit parang dami nila considering it's not even enough para mabusog as Japanese ramen meals. That's because of Booky. And then there's the Japanese Bilbao that's taking Facebook by storm. Imagine isang Bilbao na laman at assorted maki na 120 pics for only P800 with 3 pitchers of iced tea.

And lakas nyan ngaun. And then look at Pizza Hut and Uncle Johns's offering buy 1 take 1 in Tuesday's or Thursday's Kelagan maka-offer the best value Sulit for money para makabenta ngaun

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast