New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Wala na kasing industriya sa Pinas dahil pinatay na ng gobyerno. Call centers, beauty parlor, malls, billiard hall,resort at spa na lang natira Pilipinas....

Import dito, import duon...
    boracay is an example of no industry pero look at it now, grabe ang investment dun. may five star hotels na ang gaganda ng tanawin, at par with the world's best amenities so on so forth

so what you're saying it not true to all.

the problem lang naman talaga is image.

since the 50's, America is portrayed as the land of milk and honey. all positive. so nag-progress sila bec. the world looked at America positively. it's only now na na-reveal that America is not all milk and honey, kitang-kita sa Idol gives back, ang dami depressed communities pala sa kanila and mostly sila ang nagsusundalo sa Iraq.

since the 70's, Japan is portrayed as the emerging techo-capital of the world. again all positive. so hayun up to now they still carry the prestige even though wala na sila land mapagtayuan ng new investments/opportunities like us. the same with HK.

eh dito sa Pilipinas, puro negative from Media, to our Catholic Clergies to our rebel soldiers to our masang pinoy na puros ang sigaw eh "What is for me!" lang naman talaga.

this existing parent generation that we have right now were products of hippie rebel 60'-70's na mahilig sa beatles and drugs and hip clothes etc. etc ... no wonder, ganito ang policy making ng mga nakakatanda ngaun.

where are the high standards 50's moms and dads who witnessed a world war II na puwede pala mawala lahat in just a snap?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    DADAMI NA NAMAN ANG WALANG TRABAHO....

[SIZE=5]Intel Cavite plant closure sparks talk of RP pullout [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2](From ABS-CBN News OnLine)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]By Dennis Estopace
    BusinessMirror Reporter

Intel Philippines Inc., the country's largest semiconductor exporter, will close its factory in Cavite City, a company senior executive confirmed to the BusinessMirror.

"There's a ramp-down of a product, the manufacturing of which would be transferred to China," the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

The executive said Intel was "given six months to leave the building."

The official added Intel would transfer the manufacturing of its central processing unit-a computer's brain-to its Shanghai, China, hub. The information bolsters speculation that the pullout might not be limited just to the Cavite plant.

In an official statement, however, the company said it wished to "reiterate that it has made no decisions on this matter [its Philippine operations] and is currently exploring multiple options." It said it had "updated" employees that "significant investments would be required to ensure the long-term viability of its factory building in Cavite," a statement seen as signaling a problematic situation in the Cavite plant.

The BusinessMirror source said, meanwhile, "There's still no announcement on what will happen to the employees."

Intel's 10-year-old factory employs about 3,000 workers.

"The typical process would be giving each of them a 'volatile' separation pay," the source said, explaining that this is a flexible compensation package.

"They couldn't be absorbed but some of them may be offered a stint in other countries where Intel operates," the source added.

Aside from China, Intel also has manufacturing operations in Malaysia and Vietnam.

The announcement to employees of the "ramp down" last week led to fears that the high-tech company would totally dismantle its 32-year-old operations in the Philippines.

Five years ago, Intel invested up to $100 million more to upgrade its Cavite chip-assembly plant, bringing its total investment in the Philippines to $1.3 billion. It is the country's largest exporter of microchips and semi-conductors.

The source told the BusinessMirror, however, "there's still no official talks about that [total pullout of Intel]."

"I sincerely hope it doesn't get to that stage," the source added.

An Intel study four years ago showed that the company's Philippine operations generated 0.3 percent of the country's gross domestic product.

Intel's General Trias, Cavite plant, its main hub, reportedly accounted for 22 percent of all of Cavite's exports in 2004. The plant's closure follows Intel's shut down of its Makati City center last year, purportedly to consolidate the company's assembly and test facility in Cavite.

The source added that [SIZE="5"]high power costs[/SIZE] and the weakening US market were some of the reasons cited for the "ramp down."

Intel Philippines country manager Ricardo Banaag couldn't be reached for comments. [/SIZE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This message may contain confidential and/or priv

Thanks for sharing bro.,- this is our sad reality......

Mods,- I have highlighted (bold red - big font) one of the biggest issues for the pullout, and it still is going through the ears of Malacanang after oh so many years of bringing this to their attention.

If you think the highlighting I did is not appropriate here,- kindly revert it back to its original font....TIA.

5808:bee:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    boracay is an example of no industry pero look at it now, grabe ang investment dun. may five star hotels na ang gaganda ng tanawin, at par with the world's best amenities so on so forth

so what you're saying it not true to all.

the problem lang naman talaga is image.
    No brainer na maganda world class tanawin o investment dun.

Pero excuse me, maraming trabaho dito pinas with bora as an example? Pacensya na ha but I find you so naive sa statement mo. Masyado ka atang fixated o mesmerized sa pleasures, excesses and decadence of Boracay.

Pardon me sir, pero mababaw argument mo and you even use a tiny patch of land as an example? Do you think Bora is the microcosm of the Philippines?

Punta ka kaya sa Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Masbate, Leyte, Negros, Aklan(Bora is under the municipality of Malay, Aklan), Antique baka mabigla ka sa kahirapan dun. Lumabas ka sa tinted vehicle mo o gated subdivision mo and learn.

Wag ka lang pupunta sa resorts sir ha o sa beach area sir, punta ka dun sa mga communities mismo around the beach.

About Bora, ang boom dyan hanggang white beach lang. punta ka sa likuran, boss. Yung nagsimba ako dun sa may communities.Yung may sakayan ng tricycle, makikita mo totoong Boracay, a stark contrast sa mga hotels na sinasabi mo sa beach front...at mataas ang unemployment dyan for your information sir.

Anyway,image talaga problema kasi yun ang realidad sa ayw natin at sa hindi. Lalo na pag pinuntahan talaga ninyo yung mga probinsya. Wag na nga sa probinsya dyan na lang sa Metro Manila lalayo ka pa.

Kahit anong press release ang gawin ng gobyerno para pagtakpan kapalpakan ng Pinas at PInoy lalabas at lalabas din.

Taka nga ako pag NBN 4 umuunlad ang PInas. Pag ABS-CBN, ANC, GMA-TV, BBC, ChannelNewsAsia, CNN and sometimes Arirang, DW-TV and Nippon TV puro tag-gutom at economic crisis sa bansa

Sa palagay mo ba yung mga mahabang pila ng tao sa bilihan ng NFA rice sa napakaraming lugar sa Pinas ay sintomas ng isang maunlad na bansa tulad ng BOracay na sinasabi mo. Na pag naiwan mo yung sasakyan sa Banawe QC, either suwerte mo na side mirror mo lang mawala at malas mo kung buong kotse mo itangay?

Take a peek on WOWOWEE and Eat Bulaga.(exploiter din mga networks, $#*!). Nood ka kapwa ko mahal ko. Wish ko lang. Sineng totoo. The correspondent.

Puros walang trabaho sa probinsya punta maynila. Ganun din.

I hope let be aware or stop ignoring the massive problem of the country specially the future waiting for our kids and graduates. The more we are aware the problem, the more we work together to solve the problem.

I want to see my kid having a decent job in the Philippines and I dont want her to work abroad treated as a second or third class citizen...

We have lots of potential but as of now being wasted both by the government and apathy of many Pinoys.......

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree here bro., its like you have a good facade, even when the inside is rotting... No foundation nor basis for wealth generation, because most of the people have no jobs... We are not like the US, where IP and R&D are very strong that they can do without most of their manufacturing.... (I may be talking a bit too soon here, though.....)

As I was telling a few friends last week,- I hope it will not come to a point when we all have individual sari-sari stores and nobody's buying....
    5808:bee:

I agree with you CVT 110%. You hit the target. Tama po.

So despite our problem, natutuwa ako sa mga local entrepreneurs when they go into production.

Ateneo, La Salle kahit papaano are doing a good job in churning entrepreneurial graduates. Yung may ari ng Bayo at Penshoppe lam ko galing lang ata sa mga projects ng mga students dun.

Don Bosco and Mapua grabe mga graduates dyan with superb technical and engineering skills.(yung ACS manufacturing tagagawa ng detergent at Unique toothpaste galing dyan) bakit hindi suportahan ng government?

Ang US kaym may recession kasi nasa labas na lahat manufacturing nila. Although hindi pa rin lulubog ang States kasi karamihan din naman sa TNCs or MNCs mga US corporations (GM, Ford, Coke, Pepsi, Microsoft, Intel, GE, etc.)so repatriated back sa America profit nila.

E tayo hanggang Jollibee at San Miguel TNC natin astang US na tayo. So hindi talaga tayo magsu-survive with a service-oriented economy. We need manufacturing. Very crucial talaga sa circular flow ng economic activity even to US for that matter.

Wag kasing basa ng basa ng Walt Rostow, Alvin Toffler at Globalization manual ang mga #$*#*! economists at technocrats natin kala nila nasa Harvard, Kellogg at London School of Economics sila. Pilipinas ito mga ungases!!!!Mahirap lang tayo di tayo US, for God's sake!

In time, service economy means no income no employment, no real investments, no market, food riot, social revolution. Ayaw natin (lalo na ako)lahat yan.

Hindi ko alam sa gobyerno. Elementary, high school, college may basic economics na subject hindi ba sila tinuruan na ang basic economic activities ay production and consumption? Thus, manufacturing is vital. Di puede importation at sari-sari store lang.

Ugas to the highest order talaga gobyerno na ito.

Anyway, If we attained full industrialization all Pinoys and the Philippines as a whole will achieved socio-economic prosperity and will gain tremendous self-respect.

Gusto kong yumaman tayong lahat. Para mabibili natin ang gusto nating mga Pinoy na hindi tayo natatakot na nakawan, holdapin, kidnappin dahil iilan lang ang maginhawa ang buhay. Dahil pag industriyalisado ang Pinas (tulad ng Japan, Korea at Singapore)sarap mabuhay walang malawakang kahirapan, maunlad, maayos ang kapaligiran natin.

Haaayy...Pinoy...gising.....
    Last edited by jpdm; April 21st, 2008 at 08:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    add ko lng 3 things:

1. sabi ng govnmnt may MISMATCH daw sa job market kya maraming wlang trabaho. ----mga LOL-U nyo eh bakit sa ibang bansa pag nag OFW sila may nakukuha silang work. sinisi nyo pa mga graduates gunggong

2. may current problem ang jobmarket dito satin na kulang sa skill daw ang mga nag aaply ngyon sa kanila---LOL-U nyo na naman! eh pano ba naman hindi kukulangin sa skill eh nandun na sa Middle East yun mga skilled workers na hinahanap nyo lumayas na dahil hindi nyo mabigyan ng magandang opportunidad dito at binabarat nyo sa sweldo.

3. kawawa taga mga OFW natin GINISA SA SARILING MANTIKA!---pagtapos nila lumayas sa bansang ito dahil walang matinong trabaho at sweldo maibigay ngayon sasabihin ng govnmnt umaasenso ang bansa at nag iimprove ang economy natin dahil maganda pamamalakad nila sa govnmnt. talaga naman oh govnmnt pa nag claim ng pag asenso samantalang dugot pawis ng ofw ang gumawa nyan. hayy ginisa sa sariling mantika!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

I want to see my kid having a decent job in the Philippines and I dont want her to work abroad treated as a second or third class citizen...

We have lots of potential but as of now being wasted both by the government and apathy of many Pinoys.......
    i can see my kid having a job in the Philippines even if I dont burden myself with the Philippines woes. I will teach him how to survive with all that's given.

i dont care being treated as a 2nd class or 3rd class citizen abroad bec. that is the reality of life. I even believe it's too egoistic to be treated as a 1st class citizen in a foreign country.

there is no apathy in some Pinoys. Some pinoys just learned to live and to survive within the system.

it may be true that government is wasting money: taxpayer's money or philippine resources. but if one will follow the money trail, the corrupt politicians invest it on private endeavours. some Politicians invest with the Ayalas, the Sys, the Tans, the Gokongweis. some are paranoid enough to put it on banks. so kahit bali-baligtarin mo, the money is still here. it's not as if they're eating it all and finu-flush na lang sa toilet.

what we should all worry about are people na nagkapera lang inuubos sa drugs or sa alcholic or any addicting non-productive endeavours. kasi yun ang talagang sayang. they're parasites na

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may point si ringostarr...

the environment is given.

u can't change the environment... so u figure out of a way to survive in the environment.

Matira ang matibay.

Sadly, that's the way to make it here in the Philippines.
    Last edited by uls; April 21st, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    * CVT and uls,

Yes, sobrang kuripot talaga when it comes to funding and investing in R&D. In the case of UP, research funding is gradually decreasing every year...

Matira matibay naman ata sa lahat eh. Depende na lang talaga kung paano mo lalaruin ang baraha mo. ;)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i
    can see my kid having a job in the Philippines even if I dont burden myself with the Philippines woes. I will teach him how to survive with all that's given.
    indeed, teach him to survive in the Philippines

i
    dont care being treated as a 2nd class or 3rd class citizen abroad bec. that is the reality of life. I even believe it's too egoistic to be treated as a 1st class citizen in a foreign country.
    Its your call sir.

there is no apathy in some Pinoys. Some pinoys just learned to live and to survive within the system.
    On the contrar. Not only their is widespread apathy, Pinoys simply dont care.Family first muna isipin. To hell with national issues..

it may be true that government is wasting money: taxpayer's money or philippine resources.
    I agree.

but if one will follow the money trail, the corrupt politicians invest it on private endeavours. some Politicians invest with the Ayalas, the Sys, the Tans, the Gokongweis. some are paranoid enough to put it on banks. so kahit bali-baligtarin mo, the money is still here. it's not as if they're eating it all and finu-flush na lang sa toilet.
    Im sorry. i got lost in your explanation...in on money train...but I know...there's Hongkong were they stash stolen public funds..............

what we should all worry about are people na nagkapera lang inuubos sa drugs or sa alcholic or any addicting non-productive endeavours. kasi yun ang talagang sayang. they're parasites na
    Sir, pambili ng commercial rice wala. Kaya pumipila sa NFA. Anyway,to a certain degree your correct.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i dont care being treated as a 2nd class or 3rd class citizen abroad bec. that is the reality of life. I even believe it's too egoistic to be treated as a 1st class citizen in a foreign country.
    If that's the way you think, then you already lost. It's all about knowing your rights wherever you're at and if you're willing to fight and sacrifice for it.

If you're not willing to think you're at an even footing in a foreign land, then you really are a second-class citizen. There's no ego or arrogance to it. You want to play with the locals in a foreign land, you find out what makes them tick, adjust, and then beat them in their own game.

I had to teach my wife these things when she first arrived here. Once she took them to heart, opportunities started coming to her.

The trick is to find out what will earn the respect of the locals and work on it.

Look at my 12-yr daughter. She's consistently at the top of her (predominantly Caucasian) school's honor roster. She just left for a 3-day trip to the Catalina Islands west of SoCal. She originally couldn't go because I have to work. But, the teachers and many students refused to let her stay home. One teacher volunteered to be her guardian and shouldered the costs out of her own pocket. That's a lot of money. I tried to give my own money. But, she slapped it away and said, "It's on me".

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
"De-skilling" of college graduates