New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    ilan pa kaya ang susunod na mag-suicide?
    Sana wala na, kumanta na lang since sikat naman PGT ngayon eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tindi ng clout ni GMA..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maraming nagagalit sa imbestigasyon, including some reporters with the Inquirer (be very careful with what you read there concerning some favored business characters -- very obvious who they are leaning in favor of). I wonder why...??? Close friends siguro sila...??? Hahaha.

The truth should come out. The media people bashing the investigation in order to stop it must not be allowed to hide the truth. The DBP people who granted behest loans to favored cronies of GMA shouldn't get away with it.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    ilan pa kaya ang susunod na mag-suicide?
    hmm for sure meron pero di natin alam gano kadami.

re: clout GMA. i think di lang clout nya. remember corroption is already there kahit di pa sya presidente. do you think the like of garcillano e naging corrupt lang nung 2004. kaya nga nilalapitan ng kung sino mang gusto manalo e kasi alam nilang kayang magmaniobra/magdeliver ng boto. so for me, medyo malalaki kasing tao sa likod ng mga anomalya na yan ang maapektuhan(pati na mga pamilya nila). so talagang kung sino ang weakest link, sya bibigay. just like what happened to angelo reyes. kesa madamay ang pamilya/pma e pinili na lang nya magsuicide. para sa kanya me respeto pa syang natira nun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    hmm for sure meron pero di natin alam gano kadami.

re: clout GMA. i think di lang clout nya. remember corroption is already there kahit di pa sya presidente. do you think the like of garcillano e naging corrupt lang nung 2004. kaya nga nilalapitan ng kung sino mang gusto manalo e kasi alam nilang kayang magmaniobra/magdeliver ng boto. so for me, medyo malalaki kasing tao sa likod ng mga anomalya na yan ang maapektuhan(pati na mga pamilya nila). so talagang kung sino ang weakest link, sya bibigay. just like what happened to angelo reyes. kesa madamay ang pamilya/pma e pinili na lang nya magsuicide. para sa kanya me respeto pa syang natira nun.
    Tama, nilaglag kasi si Gen. Reyes kaya hindi na niya nasikmura na siya lang igigisa pero yung iba free pass!

Mas maganda lumantad na lahat para mabigat kaso tapos kapag hahatulan na, titirik mata ng dapat tumirik! hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tama papakamatay ka na rin lang, isama mo na lahat ng ka kuntsaba mo, nakatulong ka pa sa bayan. Ngayon kung wala ka naman dapat itago at kasalanan e laban lang.

Ang kriminal ba na nakorner at nagpakamatay, kasalanan ng pulis na humahabol sa kanya?

Pag mabagal ang takbo ng hustisiya nagrereklamo tayo, pag tinatrabaho, tapos may nagpakamatay kasalanan nanaman..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Doing so ( killing yourself ) just implies that you're guilty of something. In my opinion, though I may be wrong, being stressed out too much of something you aren't guilty of, supposedly, should not lead to taking your own life, instead, if you are really sure of what your stand it - not guilty - then you should fight for your right or for the truth.

He said the DBP lawyer dropped his two children to school Monday morning then hugged them long and tight before getting on his vehicle.
    ^ It's a good move to implant sympathy on people.

Again, in my opinion, I'd rather see myself killed by someone else because I said the truth rather than taking my own life with the truth unfolded.

But then, that's just me. Some might prefer to avoid unveiling what's really real to avoid any unwanted circumstances for the family they have left.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Again, the lawyer was not under investigation. He was tasked to come out with the dirt the previous DBP board may have done and link it to the previous administration. He was under a lot of pressure by the present board that drove him to commit suicide.
    e.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    He killed himself because he was pressured to produce something out of nothing?

Eother this guy is really weak or he knows something that will implicate powerful people...but i doubt na weak lang, this guy is trying to hide something.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Parang he was being set-up, he was being used to pin down the previous board. He was being threatened/BLACKMAILED with a criminal case if he does not "cooperate"...

DBP lawyer 'pressured' to testify against former bank execs
    abs-cbnNEWS.com

MANILA, Philippines - The chief legal counsel of Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) confirmed that the bank lawyer who was found dead in an apparent suicide on Tuesday was caught up in an ongoing investigation aimed at pinning down previous management for alleged anomalous transactions.

ABS-CBN News quoted Belinda Tejada as saying that lawyer Benjamin Pinpin wrote about his predicament in a letter to his wife before he took his own life. Pinpin was reportedly being pressured to sign a document that would divulge highly irregular transactions approved by the previous DBP bosses, including a P500-million loan awarded to a reputable businessman.

Tejada, in an interview, said the witch hunt forced Pinpin to commit suicide.

"I know for a fact that the real target here is the previous administration, previous board of directors... especially former president Reynaldo David," she said.

Pinpin, 43, strangled himself with a nylon cord in a bathroom of a Eurotel hotel along Zapote-Alabang Road in Las Piñas City on Tuesday, police said.

The DBP said in a statement that Pinpin appeared to have died "under unusual circumstances" and that he was part of a probe into "previous questionable transactions" made by the bank. Reports earlier said Pinpin was also among more than a dozen people who received show-cause letters from the new DBP board in relation to the questionable transactions.

Pinpin's wife, Amy, said her husband was under a lot of pressure. "Yung asawa ko talaga pressured. So the pressure he has been feeling, and I understand that, if I were in his situation, probably I'd do the same."

President Benigno Aquino III has ordered Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima to find out whether the investigative process at DBP has become "overzealous."

“If they have been overzealous, we will rein them in. But if they are performing something that is necessary... ‘Yung zealousness of the board also is to get a handle as soon as possible on what has transpired," he said.

Current DBP president Francisco del Rosario, for his part, said he will ensure that due process is given to anyone involved in the investigation.

"I would like to make sure that everyone is given fair treatment," he noted.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
DBP Lawyer Commits Suicide