New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    PNoy et al obsession to pin down the previous administration...

No foul play in DBM lawyer's death -- police
    By Dennis Carcamo Home
    Updated August 03, 2011 10:01 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A police official said today that there is "strong evidence" that Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) lawyer Benjamin Pinpin committed suicide.

"He's inside te comfort room of the hotel room, lying face down with a nylon cord tied around his neck," Las Piñas City police chief, Senior Superintendent Romulo Sapitula, told philstar.com in a phone interview.

The body of Pinpin, 43, was found by policemen inside the comfort room of the Eurotel in Las Piñas City yesterday.

Sapitula said Pinpin also left suicide notes for his wife Amelia, his children and mother before taking his own life.

He said the DBP lawyer dropped his two children to school Monday morning then hugged them long and tight before getting on his vehicle.

"His wife became worried when he did not come home in the afternoon, which he usually does, so she called for our assistance," Sapitula said.

Amelia also called her husband's office, but the DBP staff told her that he was not still in, the police official added.

"Later we traced his vehicle parked in the parking lot of the hotel," Sapitula said.

He said that scene-of-the-crime investigators noted that Pinpin was already "less than six hours dead" when they found his body.

"He apparently hanged himself using the nylon cord which snapped because it was thin," Sapitula said.

In a statement issued yesterday, DBP chairman Jose Nuñez Jr. said that police have initially told them that Pinpin's death was "under unusual circumstances."

Nuñez hinted that the timing of Pinpin's death was suspicious since he was involved in a "crucial investigation concerning previous questionable transactions."

"So, we are hoping that his passing had nothing to do with that," the DBP chairman said.

He said Pinpin was a key player in the DBP legal office. He added that the lawyer was a second generation employee of the bank since his mother was the DBP dentist.

"President Francisco del Rosario Jr., the whole DBP Board and I are in agreement that Atty. Pinpin is a key player in the DBP legal office and a big loss to the bank," Nuñez said.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think 90+% of pinoys want to pin down the previous admin that's why Pnoy won...ikaw ayaw mo bang ipakulong ang taong ninakawan ka?

Nahuli ng mga pulis ang akyat bahay gang member na nagnakaw ng flat screen TV mo ayaw mo pakulong?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It would be nice to see the Arroyos and their minions behind bars, but I hope the student council won't do it it through coercion, threat or trump up evidences... I guess the poor lawyer couldn't take the pressure that's why he decided the easiest way out.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    It would be nice to see the Arroyos and their minions behind bars, but I hope the student council won't do it it through coercion, threat or trump up evidences... I guess the poor lawyer couldn't take the pressure that's why he decided the easiest way out.
    +1. but the student council thing will always be a wish.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i see things differently.... tying up loose ends maybe?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala pa naman lumalabas na nagsasabing na coerce siya or may threat kaya kumanta....so until that happens, all is good..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I think 90+% of pinoys want to pin down the previous admin that's why Pnoy won...ikaw ayaw mo bang ipakulong ang taong ninakawan ka?

Nahuli ng mga pulis ang akyat bahay gang member na nagnakaw ng flat screen TV mo ayaw mo pakulong?
    +1,000,000!

TAMA! Mainit talaga topic na yan pero dapat kasi mapakita sa taongbayan na may matinong hustisya pa rin if gusto talaga. Kahit dyan na lang makabawi si Pnoy. Magsikap na lang mga negosyante at middle class para hindi tuluyang lumobog pinas.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    i see things differently.... tying up loose ends maybe?
    Tingin ko din may pressure na siya or family niya. Kaya loose ends yan. Gaya ni Gen, hindi kinaya yung pang-iiwan sa ere.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Tingin ko din may pressure na siya or family niya. Kaya loose ends yan. Gaya ni Gen, hindi kinaya yung pang-iiwan sa ere.
    ilan pa kaya ang susunod na mag-suicide?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    To do that is a indescribeable act...
    He said the DBP lawyer dropped his two children to school Monday morning then hugged them long and tight before getting on his vehicle.
    More like overzealous to appease the king. The lawyer was investigating for anomalies, not the other way... Baka inutusan gumawa ng ...., di kaya ng konsyensya niya.

MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino wants to find out what led to the death of Benjamin Pinpin, a lawyer for the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), who is said to had unearthed anomalous transactions of the past board.

Aquino is tasking Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima to find out if the investigative process has become “overzealous.”

“If they have been overzealous, we will rein them in. But if they are performing something that is necessary… ‘Yung zealousness of the board also, is to get a handle as soon as possible on what has transpired. Kasi dulo niyan may responsibilidad sila to keep that bank strong… Conflicting yan in a sense, alagaan mo ang karapatan ng bawat isa, pero yung need also to know everything as soon as possible to prevent any damage or any further damage from happening,” Aquino told reporters.

“So we will review, and I’ll task Cesar Purisima this afternoon to review whether or not they have been too overzealous.”

At the same time, Aquino appealed to the DBP’s rank and file to cooperate with the current board in efforts to investigate anomalies.

“Ang hinahabol po natin dito ay hindi mag-usig ng kahit sinuman lalo na sa rank and file, pero para malaman nga kung ano yung nangyari diyan, ano ba ang damage ang nangyari sa inyong institusyon. Sa dulo po nito, para mailagay kayo sa mas mabuting kondisyon,” Aquino said.
    PNoy asks: DBP lawyer's death linked to anomalies? | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
DBP Lawyer Commits Suicide