New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    http://paranormal.about.com/od/ancientanomalies/ig/Most-Puzzling-Ancient-Artifact/

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup definitely aliens

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    or vice-versa? 'am wont to believe that there is really nothing new in this world or universe for that matter. all those things were in existence eons of time and just waiting to be rediscovered by mankind. the more it reinforce your belief in one supreme being who created all these things! that is why HE is the Creator...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But wouldn't that contradict what is said in the Bible where God created the world and universe?

And if you do believe that the universe is very very old, why do you still believe in a creator of the universe known as "God"?

And if the universe existed for eons and eons... why do you still consider God as a creator when the universe already existed?

And why is he considered a supreme being?... does that mean there is a less supreme being just under him? Given that it is supposedly be just one "God"... how could there be a supreme being? Shouldn't it just be a "being" because to be supreme, you have to be compared to something of lesser quality of some degree.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Many of those things are hoaxes. Like the so-called crystal skull... Which was shown to have been carved with modern hand tools.

Dating of the rocks is relatively accurate. The problem is that rocks can be carved after they have been formed.

As for the Baghdad battery and the Antikytheria mechanism... It's a mistake to believe just because people were ancient, they were dumb. There are a lot of technologies that were forgotten over the centuries....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar View Post
    or vice-versa? 'am wont to believe that there is really nothing new in this world or universe for that matter. all those things were in existence eons of time and just waiting to be rediscovered by mankind. the more it reinforce your belief in one supreme being who created all these things! that is why HE is the Creator...
    typical

when believers look at the moon and stars they say "there is a God!"

when they look at plants and animals they say "there is a God!"

it's perception

i look at those things i don't see God

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the more it reinforce your belief in one supreme being who created all these things! that is why HE is the Creator...
    btw, what makes you so sure there are no other gods

the Greeks and Romans believed in multiple gods. Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism all have many gods

you deny the existence of other gods and believe only in one

ever pondered out why you deny the existence of other gods?

what does that make you from the view of people who believe in many gods?

kinda like an atheist right? you deny their gods the same way atheists deny yours

the only thing that makes atheists different from you is atheists have one less god than you

not much of a difference no?

--

in another thread somebody posted something like -- not believing in God doesnt make God cease to exist

well, denying the existence of other gods doesnt make other gods cease to exist either
    Last edited by uls; May 6th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    this thread is boring w/out OB/pop3corn.......

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I was probably taken out of context, when I strongly believe there is one supreme being, I never debunk the existence of other gods. Even the bible states that there Is a God among the congregation of gods---I just forgot the exact verse. Neither do I frown upon the views of other mortals, the atheists included. It is just a conviction that HE is really the supreme being and GH is perfectly right when he said that to be supreme indeed means there are lesser beings to compare with. And forgive me, I am not here to argue with anybody. I am just steadfast in my conviction and belief, that GOD indeed created the universe. Yes the universe is eons and eons of age but GOD is the creator therefore HE is in existence before the thing HE created. To put it this way...all GOD's creations has long been in existence and therefore mankind is just rediscovering the things that have been created long before... GOD is good and great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Could it be that conventional science is just as mistaken as the Bible stories?