The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Congress proposes NO TIN, NO VOTE policy

What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a stupid proposal. this will alienate more the social gaps that the country has. and besides, maski may TIN ang isang tao will not guarantee a wise vote (i know lots of people who did this...). it will also remove the constitutional guarantee of every filipino the right to suffrage.

what they should do are of follows:

a) improve votel literacy... i don't know how this could be done.
    b) strengthen qualifications for people running in public office.
    c) pass the anti-dynasty law.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yung mga walang tin ay indirect taxpayers din naman. Pag bumibili ng alak ang squatters, nagbabayad din sila ng sin tax.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    a stupid proposal. this will alienate more the social gaps that the country has. and besides, maski may TIN ang isang tao will not guarantee a wise vote (i know lots of people who did this...). it will also remove the constitutional guarantee of every filipino the right to suffrage.

what they should do are of follows:

a) improve votel literacy... i don't know how this could be done.
    b) strengthen qualifications for people running in public office.
    c) pass the anti-dynasty law
    Doing B and C will be nice, unfortunately, a snowball has a better chance in hell than passing an anti-dyansty law in the PH because of self-interest of a lot of political families.

Voter literacy? I don't know if that'll do much. What we need is voter maturity so that people will realize that elections are not about popularity and entertainment.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Doing B and C will be nice, unfortunately, a snowball has a better chance in hell than passing an anti-dyansty law in the PH because of self-interest of a lot of political families.

Voter literacy? I don't know if that'll do much. What we need is voter maturity so that people will realize that elections are not about popularity and entertainment.
    The way I read it bro,- what you are trying to tell us is that - "These options are hopeless"?.....

So, we should look for other means to solve this election enigma....

19.1K:insomnia:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The way I read it bro,- what you are trying to tell us is that - "These options are hopeless"?.....

So, we should look for other means to solve this election enigma....

19.1K:insomnia:
    Hindi naman hopeless, bro.

I just wish the SC would take a more proactive stance on the interpretation of the Constitutional prohibition on political dynasties since Congress will not pass such a law. Voter maturity, especially in the provinces will take time considering how Pinoys have the unfortunate habit of approaching politicos for money or jobs. They need to know that it's not the function of Congressmen, Councilmen, Mayors, etc. to dole out cash and employ them for jobs they most likely are not qualified for anyway.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Then QC Mayor Mel Mathay tried that before. Struck down by the court because it goes against the constitution gurrantee of right to sufferage...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no income no vote? gat andres bonifacio and half of those who were martyred with him, if alive today, can not vote?

it won't fly, unconstitutional.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As part of the workforce that has no choice but to have my taxes withheld every payday, part of me sympathizes with this proposal. Having a TIN means you are a registered taxpayer and you intend to be part of the tax base that will form part of government revenues. Which means if you are required to psy taxes then you can do your share in helping government get the needed funds to run the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . . . 😄

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    I support this proposal together with the anti-dynasty bill..

Kung taxpayers ang nagpapasweldo sa mga politicians dapat taxpayers din lang may karapatan bumoto sa kanila at di kung sino sino :D. hehehe

Let the lawyers/lawmakers/SC decide on the constitutionality of the proposal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast