New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I just saw Raul Gonzalez defending the pardon of Claudio Teehankee Jr. They should have executed him when the death penalty was still in law and now they free him for good behavior?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    News Article:

Convicted killer Claudio Teehankee Jr. freed from prison

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 10/06/2008 8:03 PM

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version | Send to friendSend to friend

Claudio Teehankee Jr., the convicted murderer of a Filipino-Swede girl and her friend in Makati City in 1995, has been released from the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City after President Arroyo commuted his sentence.

Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez said Teehankee, a son of former Supreme Court Chief Justice Claudio Teehankee Sr. and brother of former justice undersecretary Manuel Teehankee, was freed on Friday last week.

Gonzalez said the Department of Justice, Bureau of Corrections and Board of Pardon and Parole "carefully studied" the commutation of the sentence for two to three years.

Gonzalez said it is the President's prerogative to commute or give pardon to any prisoner.

Teehankee was found guilty in 1995 for murdering Maureen Hultman and her friend Roland John Chapman in Dasmariñas Village in Makati. A third victim, Jussi Leino, was wounded in the attack.

The convict was sentence to life imprisonment and two counts of reclusion temporal (maximum of 17 years, 4 months and 1 day to 20 years).

as of 10/06/2008 8:14 PM
    Source:
    http://abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10/06/...r-freed-prison

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A cold blooded murderer being let loose on the streets once again.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    13 years lang pinardon na, bakit?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

W*l#ngh!y* naman,- pinaluhod niya ang dalawang bata at tsaka binaril sa ulo(?), execution style. Tapos, palalayain ng #$%^& gobyerno natin? Ano'ng klaseng moralidad mayroon ang mga namumuno sa atin?

6808:frenchyf1:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That is complete and utter BS from Gonzalez, but what do you expect from someone on the verge of dementia. Yes Arroyo can pardon anyone she wishes but look at what the person did to deserve the sentence.

Maureen was a classmate at John Robert Powers by one of my friends in college and I could see the disbelief from his face when this happened. I still recall this incident like it was yesterday along with the one with the two UP students killed by that mayor from Laguna.

I guess Justice in the Philippines does have a price. I wonder how much Arroyo got paid for this pardon.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    todas na dapat sa death penalty yan eh... e pano, inalis nila si erap... nagmamalinis kaya in the end si erap masama dahil maraming napa bitay. bakit kaya takot si gloria sa death penalty?????

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like someone in politics got paid

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gonzalez said the Department of Justice, Bureau of Corrections and Board of Pardon and Parole "carefully studied" the commutation of the sentence for two to three years.

"hmm. . .is this amount of money enough for the commutation of this sentence? . . .hmm, no. . .tell the teehankee's that there's a lot of people involved in this careful study. . .go ask for more"

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and he's only 62

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Claudio Teehankee Jr. Pardoned