New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala na yata talagang magawa itong sira ulong matanda na ito..bakit kasi ayaw pang mag retire hinde na yata niya alam mga sinasabi niya....

what's next? Pacquiao and other boxers would be charge with murder? they will now be tag as serial killers..damn!

I really don't know where to put this topic, do we have a humor and funny sub forum?

PBA commish befuddled at suggestion to file charges vs 'physical' players
    10/20/2008 | 09:14 PM

The league has enough rules to police physical play, Philippine Basketball Association commissioner Sonny Barrios assured Monday in response to a report that the government would push for the filing of criminal charges against basketball players who commit hard fouls during games.

Justice secretary Raul Gonzalez said in two separate radio reports that he would recommend for the PBA to file physical injuries on players who intend to hurt their opponents in a game that is widely accepted as "physical" in nature.

Barrios was left dumbfounded by the suggestion.

"We have to know in what context the good secretary made those comments because I don't really know where he's coming from. I'm at a loss," the stunned PBA commissioner said in a phone interview with GMANews.TV

The PBA is being supervised by the Games and Amusements Board, the government agency tasked to oversee the way professional tournaments are being conducted in the country.

Barrios added that the GAB's presence and the PBA's steep tradition coupled with the internationally accepted nature of the game should not alarm Gonzalez.

"We have our own rules and we have our own sanctions that penalize untoward behavior. We're on our 34th year and we haven't experienced anything that would require such [intervention]."

Barrios said he didn't know why Gonzalez singled out basketball.

"In the field of sports, criminally charging erring players inside the playing court is not necessary. I mean, if it was, there are other sports out there like boxing where the objective really is to hurt and maul your opponent.

"The action in basketball isn't physical enough to deserve that kind of punishment." – GMANews.TV
    Last edited by shadow; October 21st, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, you gotta hand it to Raul Gonzales. He's clung to his post this long by being the loyal attack dog of GMA. He won't think twice about filing absolutely outrageous charges against perceived enemies of the President or the government. Neither will he back off from taking a completely indefensible and radical legal position which he feels will favor his boss --- nevermind the fact that the SC almost always overturns him.

If I remember right, this guy was a former Tanodbayan and was disbarred by the SC due to his acts and statements which supposedly cast aspersions against the SC. I don't know how he got reinstated to the Roll of Attorneys. He's the butt of jokes in legal circles for his ignorance of the law.

Hindi ko rin alam why our media and press people love to put him in front of their cameras or on their front pages. Its like they feed off each other.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    malala na tong taong to. after having his second life sumobra ulit ang takbo ng isip. i'm sure during his struggle with his kidneys hindi niya naiisip ang mga kabalbalang ito. might be due with the anesthesia, nasalinan ng ibang dugo or it's his normal state of mind dapat magpagamot ulit siya.... this time with a neuro-psychiatrist

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha. abnormal un ah. pano na ung more physical sports pa? MMA anyone? hahaha. lalong babagsak PBA pag nangyari yan. masyadong papansin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kayo naman baka naman matagal-tagal na kasi yung mga kagaguhan pinaggagawa ni sec. gonzalez kaya kailangan gumawa nanaman uli siya at baka makalimutan siya ng mga tao,

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pag-pasensyahan nyo na si SiRaulo Gonzalez. Naihian daw kasi yung utak niyan, kaya ganyan mag-isip.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gifted talaga ito si Sec. Gonzales....mabait na tao, mahilig din pala sa sports....bigyan natin siya ng Crispy pata, sisig, bagnet, kare kare, bulalo at lechon. Mabuhay ka Raul...sana kainin mo pinadala namin.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I would suggest Sec. Gonzales undergo a drug test.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bwahaha. patawa. buti na lang hindi naisip yan nung 80's kundi bitay halos lahat ng players sa pba.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Pag-pasensyahan nyo na si SiRaulo Gonzalez. Naihian daw kasi yung utak niyan, kaya ganyan mag-isip.

Ha.ha.ha.ha.....Suggest a creatinine level check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
old and crazy DOJ Sec Gonzalez again..