New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Sad thing is that Philippines is trying to protect the delicate ecological balance of the area while our more agressive neighbours (I'll let you guess who I mean) turn up with their highly illegal cyanide fishing techniques and destroy miles sea bed!!!!!! all to make a quick buck!
    Hahaha, Really?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Hahaha, Really?
    yep, chinese and vietnamese but mostly chinese illegal fishermen are caught doing poaching and bad fishing technique. Pero laging napapauwi sa bansa nila due to political pressure from the chinese gov't.

Happens a lot of times already in Palawan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The AFP is not even sure whose planes "buzzed" the OV-10s. I doubt the "intruders" even noticed them. Contrails lang pala nakita ng mga piloto.

The local media exagerated the whole thing, again. The PIA had to release a news bulletin w/ correct version of events, as not to antagonize the Chinese.

PIA daily news in English, Tagalog, Cebuano, Hiligaynon, Ilocano, Waray, Pangalatok from around the Philippines

Making a big deal about nothing...
    I think the Philippine Government just toned down a bit because the Chinese Defense Chief is here for a visit. In other newspapers they are pursuing talks with the Chinese side about the incident, all points to China as the owner of those fighter jets.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I think this mistake is somehow like what the Commonwelath leaders did when they really pushed for our total democracy from the US after WW2. Mabuti pa na naging protectorate na lang tayo IMO. But of course may pros and cons yan and debatable if bane or boon..

Pero I would personalyy prefer for us to have been just like Hawaii sana.
    i agree with this, philippines is a great country but most of the people in it and the people running it isn't.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    I think the Philippine Government just toned down a bit because the Chinese Defense Chief is here for a visit. In other newspapers they are pursuing talks with the Chinese side about the incident, all points to China as the owner of those fighter jets.
    Don't forget, the Chinese may say it's the OV-10 who is infringing on its territory. Nobody recognizes the Spratlys as part of the Philippines except the Philippines. I think Cong. Biazon is asking the UN to intervene. Unfortunately, he should have checked first if China is a permanent member of the Security Council and has veto powers.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung ako lang, di ko na hahabulin pa tong spratlys, una sa lahat di rin naman natin mababantayan ng maayos kasi kulang tayo sa sasakyang pandagat, tapos kaagaw natin malalakas na bansa, tapos supot naman military natin, tapos kung ano man meron diyan langis etc, sigurado ko di rin naman natin mamaximize ang kita niyan as a whole nation, iilan lang makikinabang diyan, tapos andami nating problema na nasa harapan na natin di pa natin maayos dahil nga incompetent tayo in general.

Ayusin muna natin mga obyus at far more pressing issues bago tayo makisawsaw sa mga bagay na di rin naman natin kaya panindigan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's get real.

We have an air force and navy which can't be relied upon to patrol our territorial skies and waters due to lack of modern arms and equipment. Much less, protect us from external aggression or countries looking to expand by annexing what we recognize to be part of Philippine territory.

We rely on a supposed Mutual Defense Treaty with the US, whom we know will not act unless "American interests" are threatened. Even now, I doubt they'll come to our aid in the event of conflict with another country considering they're fighting 2 wars in the Middle East.

All our officials do is create noise and make statements about enforcing our claims but never seriously doing anything about our capability to do so.

Sheesh. I've long ago given up on the idea that the Spratlys is part of Philippine territory. Who are we kidding? The Chinese have been building and exploiting resources there for more than a decade now. I'm surprised it still makes front page news.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's get real.

We have an air force and navy which can't be relied upon to patrol our territorial skies and waters due to lack of modern arms and equipment. Much less, protect us from external aggression or countries looking to expand by annexing what we recognize to be part of Philippine territory.

We rely on a supposed Mutual Defense Treaty with the US, whom we know will not act unless "American interests" are threatened. Even now, I doubt they'll come to our aid in the event of conflict with another country considering they're fighting 2 wars in the Middle East.

All our officials do is create noise and make statements about enforcing our claims but never seriously doing anything about our capability to do so.

Sheesh. I've long ago given up on the idea that the Spratlys is part of Philippine territory. Who are we kidding? The Chinese have been building and exploiting resources there for more than a decade now. I'm surprised it still makes front page news.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Let's get real.

The US does have a concern because they know that vs the chinese, they rather deal with the Phil gov't in terms of oil exploration and extraction.

Trust me, they will come to our aid.

Again, the Balikatan exercises is a show of force, aka CVT's "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Hahaha, Really?
    YES! Really.

I suggest you read up on your own country's current affairs before making sarcastic comments about others who are trying to protect YOUR environment!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Chinese jets buzz PAF patrol planes