New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I think he jjust felt empowered dun sa video sa APec, wherein a Filiipino and his fellow Philmugger had an intense one on one question with a Malaysian Speaker na big investor sa Cebu Pac

Hanapin nyo video na yun sa fb, parang no holds barred straight-talk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    i heard from the grapevine that his practice is not that prolific anymore unlike his older brother sigfrid's. anyhow, he is a very competent advocate. he cross-examined the former cpnp during erap's impeachment pretty well.
    I think he is more humble than Sigfrid. Sigfrid is married to a Remulla of Cavite, for one & you know how moneyed that family is (a Marcos crony). He also stays in BF Almanza, which is not like a Ayala Alabang. He probably has a team of lawyers or maybe Sigfrid will represent him?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think he is more humble than Sigfrid. Sigfrid is married to a Remulla of Cavite, for one & you know how moneyed that family is (a Marcos crony). He also stays in BF Almanza, which is not like a Ayala Alabang. He probably has a team of lawyers or maybe Sigfrid will represent him?
    OT:

had a chat with jonvic once when i was buying an xv for my wife at subaru alabang. i didn't know it was him. i was just checking the legacy and he happens to walk in and check it too. was just a casual conversation about the car and how good it looks in indigo blue. an SA approach him, he chat abit with her for like 10-15mins, he points to the car a few times then hes off.

what strikes me is he doesnt have an alalay, bodyguard or a driver. for some prominent guy like him to roam around like that, he must have no enemies.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The staff claimed that we were sent an email on Nov 17, that the flight was canceld. We did not receive that email.
    It's a matter of he said, she said. If CebuPac can prove that an automated email was sent to passengers of the cancelled flight, then there's no case.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    trivia:
    sometime in 1963, senator fernando lopez (who later was elected as vice president of the philippines in 1965 for second time, the first was during the time of elpidio quirino) reserved first class accommodations with Pan-American airline for the trip from Tokyo to San Franciso. however, for some reason, during the flight, their first class accommodations were relegated to a mere tourist class. they protested to no avail. later they filed a civil suit for damages against the airline. lopez was represented by atty. vicente j. francisco (lawyer of marcos during the nalundasan murder trial).

after hearing, the trial court rendered a decision ordering pan-am to pay lopez:
    (a) P100,000.00 as moral damages;
    (b) P25,000.00 as attorney's fees

on appeal (which reached all the way up to the Supreme Court), the high court, in its 1965 decision, modified the decision of the trial court and awarded lopez:
    (1) P200,000.00 as moral damages;
    (2) P50,000.00 as attorney's fees. (these amounts were huge at that time)

the SC justified the increase in moral damages because senator lopez was then senate president pro tempore, and international carriers like pan-am should know the prestige of such an office.
    the lawyer's fee was also increased because of the professional standing of atty. francisco in the legal community.

so, the moral of the story, to get a sizeable amount as damages from airline companies in case like this, you get the services of somebody like estelito mendoza or florentino feliciano, and, most of all, you better be a somebody, like vice president fernando lopez.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    JM

Ano contents ng Airline Passenger Bill of Rights?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    trivia:
    sometime in 1963, senator fernando lopez (who later was elected as vice president of the philippines in 1965 for second time, the first was during the time of elpidio quirino) reserved first class accommodations with Pan-American airline for the trip from Tokyo to San Franciso. however, for some reason, during the flight, their first class accommodations were relegated to a mere tourist class. they protested to no avail. later they filed a civil suit for damages against the airline. lopez was represented by atty. vicente j. francisco (lawyer of marcos during the nalundasan murder trial).

after hearing, the trial court rendered a decision ordering pan-am to pay lopez:
    (a) P100,000.00 as moral damages;
    (b) P25,000.00 as attorney's fees

on appeal (which reached all the way up to the Supreme Court), the high court, in its 1965 decision, modified the decision of the trial court and awarded lopez:
    (1) P200,000.00 as moral damages;
    (2) P50,000.00 as attorney's fees. (these amounts were huge at that time)

the SC justified the increase in moral damages because senator lopez was then senate president pro tempore, and international carriers like pan-am should know the prestige of such an office.
    the lawyer's fee was also increased because of the professional standing of atty. francisco in the legal community.

so, the moral of the story, to get a sizeable amount as damages from airline companies in case like this, you get the services of somebody like estelito mendoza or florentino feliciano, and, most of all, you better be a somebody, like vice president fernando lopez.
    Hindi ba kukuriputin ng cebu pac lawyer, like get a pro bono or something. Parang photographer, free exposure naxwalang bayad

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nag-update si Atty. Fortun sa fb nya ... na-book sila for the 1am Nov 20 flight ... nasa ere na sila siguro ngayon

UPDATE RE: CEBU PACIFIC PROBLEM
    A lawyer-friend from Cebu Pacific called me at 6pm to inform me that the airline could fly me and my family back to Manila at the 1am flight this morning.
    nataranta yata cebupac

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    Nag-update si Atty. Fortun sa fb nya ... na-book sila for the 1am Nov 20 flight ... nasa ere na sila siguro ngayon

nataranta yata cebupac
    Pano naman yung ibang Pinoy that he claims awang awa sya? And the lesson that he promises to teach CebuPac? Threat lang pala para makauwi agad? 😕

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Yep anyone experienced being booked in a hotel by a LOCAL carrier due to delayed/cancelled flights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Few years back. PAL cancelled our flight to HK. Can't remember the reason. I'll post later, I'll ask my mom kung ano reason. They checked us in sa century Sheraton. Also owns by Lucia tan. With breakfast and shuttle service from and to airport.

While it's not local but CX Ilan beses na ako nabigyan hotel sa HK. Plus HK$500/day allowance and 3-4 times na ako upgraded to business class ng CX, back in the '90s katakot-takok na cancelled flights ang PAL. Nakapila na kayo para sumakay tapos ma delayed or cancelled pa. Uupo na lang kayo Sa sahig dahil baka mawala pila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; November 20th, 2015 at 07:58 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast