New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    if you're gonna dig a canal from laguna lake to manila bay...

you gotta build several bridges to make up for the roads na nawala

not to mention the right of way problems

ung skyway 3 construction mabagal ang progress dahil sa right of way problems

poste poste lang yan

imagine the right of way problems with this idea
    Papuntang Manila Bay palang iyan. Di pa kasama yung eastward thru Quezon Province. Matatapos iyan by 2250 AD.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Papuntang Manila Bay palang iyan. Di pa kasama yung eastward thru Quezon Province. Matatapos iyan by 2250 AD.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    Onga pala

Westward palang ung sinabi ko

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Based sa post earlier na closest point of Laguna Bay to Pacific is around 20km... And checking Google Maps... I think Masikap Quezon will be the closest point...

So Bagumbayan Paete to Masikap Quezon (sorry, di talaga ako familiar sa provinces kaya estiate lang)

Masikap to Cubao is only 115kms (4 hours as per Google Maps)

I think it will be cheaper to just widen the road para yung huling isda sa umaga can reach Manila before noon.

Or just build a train! (Mas malayo pa travel ng gulay from Baguio to Manila)

In early 2015, the Thai Canal (102km long/400m wide) was estimated to cost USD 20-25 billion.

If we build a canal at 20km long, 200m wide... $2B dollars pa din yun.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    The problem will actually be " Right of ways." This will eat up a lot of funds with a seasoning of corruption.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Going east i.e. the Pacific/Quezon province will not be much of a problem for "right of way" as its still mostly farmland and forests.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Going east i.e. the Pacific/Quezon province will not be much of a problem for "right of way" as its still mostly farmland and forests.

Sierra madre mountain need to bore tunnel from laguna lake going to pacific ocean. It will really help a lot to low lying areas around laguna lake that really affected by flooding due to heavy siltation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    Sierra madre mountain need to bore tunnel from laguna lake going to pacific ocean. It will really help a lot to low lying areas around laguna lake that really affected by flooding due to heavy siltation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Oo nga. Pwede rin syang maging "drainage" ng Sierra madre.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post

Problem with "farm lands and forest" is that may nagmamay ari pa din...

Sa bario lang ng parents ko, nung nabalitang may plan na gawing port yung beach nila, naubos mga farm lands, pinagbibili ng mga nasa politics.

Hanggang ngayon, walang port, yung mga magsasaka, pinapagamit pa din sa kanila yung lupa, pero alam nila kung sino nagmamay-ari...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    in engineering there is such a thing as feasibility study and i bet this proposal is not feasible due to staggering cost

with geometry as its guiding principle (shortest distance between two points is a straight line) and geodetic engineers (terrain) in the forefront of this study. theres no doubt in my mind they will give this idea a thumbs down simply because the cost of this undertaking wont justify the benefit it will bring

the amount of earth materials that will be removed to allow water to pass through that canal is too much not withstanding the type of earth material they have to deal with.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Bat din lang sila gumawa ng flyover from Manila bay to Pacific Ocean para hindi makakdestroy ng marine life

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast