New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Naisip ko lang since nahihirapan ngayon ang ating fishing industry why not the government construct a canal from Manila Bay to Pacific Ocean via Laguna Lake.

I think may proposal si Palafox to construct a spillway via Paranaque to Manila Bay. Bakit kaya hindi i-deretso from Laguna Lake to Pacific Ocean para dun mangisda mga kababayan natin?

Mahal kasi nang isda ngayon, baka sakaling magkaroon pa nang additional pagkakitaan mga kababayan natin.

What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    At the closest, Laguna De Bay is 20+ km away from the Pacific and while the elevation between the 2 bodies of water is practically the same, you still need to cut through an average of 400m thick rock. Unless you want to build a complex system of locks. And to be economically viable the locks have to be large enough to handle big cargo ships and tankers, small fishing boats won't be economical enough to justify the cost. And what about the depth of Laguna De Bay and Pasig River. Can they accommodate big ships?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tubig alat at tubig tabang. May mga di magsusurvive na isda imo pag natuloy to.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Daming properties ang sisirain neto

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

Baka may ma develop na ibang species nang isda naman siguro?

Pass through lang naman sya. Fishing will be done in Pacific Ocean and to be transported sa Fish Port.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I like how you think TS. Out of the box.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

Halong tubig dagat na ang Laguna De Bay dahil sa Pasig.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Halong tubig dagat na ang Laguna De Bay dahil sa Pasig.
    Yep. Two ways ang direction ng laguna de bay. Usually palabas from lake to Manila Bay. Pero minsan high tide, pumapasok ang tubig alat via Ilog Pasig. Just not sure by how much or if significant enough. Baka mas significant yung basura at plastik kesa sa tubig alat

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skyglider View Post
    Naisip ko lang since nahihirapan ngayon ang ating fishing industry why not the government construct a canal from Manila Bay to Pacific Ocean via Laguna Lake.

I think may proposal si Palafox to construct a spillway via Paranaque to Manila Bay. Bakit kaya hindi i-deretso from Laguna Lake to Pacific Ocean para dun mangisda mga kababayan natin?

Mahal kasi nang isda ngayon, baka sakaling magkaroon pa nang additional pagkakitaan mga kababayan natin.

What do you think?
    i remember of the plan, some years ago.
    but for some, perhaps political, reason, the plan was conveniently forgotten ("shelved", is probably the politically correct word.)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if you're gonna dig a canal from laguna lake to manila bay...

you gotta build several bridges to make up for the roads na nawala

not to mention the right of way problems

ung skyway 3 construction mabagal ang progress dahil sa right of way problems

poste poste lang yan

imagine the right of way problems with this idea

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast