New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    If they are profeetering and that can be proven then I support boycott of the BIG 3 but if people want price controls I am totally against any forms of price controls as mentioned above it will be like Zimbabwe.
    Yes, they are earning (with profit of course) indeed.. They do not want to lose their profit margin.

If they lose their profit margin, the owners, officers, stockholders will lose their perks.

So they rather see people starve (oil triggers inflation) than lose their luxuries.
    Last edited by jpdm; July 19th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    *Jun--You still have $3.** per gallon gas!!! Heck, here on base it's $4.28 and off base it's $4.92 per gallon. How I wish I still had $3.** gas. Come to think of it just a year ago we had $2.87 gas on base.
    Uh, yeah. Check this out:

http://www.tucsongasprices.com/

Arco's got prices at several stations down to $3.71/gal. Too bad both cars are still over 1/2 tank full. I can't complain.

The most expensive gas station in the county has $4.06/gal for 87 unleaded. That's okay. I think it's located where those million dollar houses are at. They can afford it.

Nevertheless, the only way to break the oligopoly is to let the market work--by exercising our power to choose. Gas up at local gas stations and bring down the sales of these vultures, we will see the difference.
    That may work so long as the locals can sustain the supply. If not, time is on the side of the Big 4.

Worse, the Big 4 may lower the prices and try put the locals out of business. Short term, it's good for consumers. But, once the smaller players are gone.... They'll jack up the price again.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 19th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Mahirap niyan,- nagmahal na ang presyo ng krudo at gasolina.... Sobra pa rin ang traffic!!!

6404:pump:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Mahirap niyan,- nagmahal na ang presyo ng krudo at gasolina.... Sobra pa rin ang traffic!!!

6404:pump:
    Pero obvious in other places na mabawasan talaga ang sasakyan. The Baclaran- Cavite Coastal Road area as an example parang maluwag na talaga...especially Saturdays and Sundays (usually packed with vehicles going to batangas-tagaytay)....

Palagay ko, we just cut into half the revenues of the Big Four, by patronizing those numerous local oil players instead of these multinationals, bababa presyo ng gas dito to their realistic levels...

Tsaka, other oil players are very much willing to capture the market of these exploitative big oil players kasama itong maliit na Eastern Petroleum (sayang na local oil player nakikisabwatan kasi sa oligopoly. paging mr. martinez, nagiging spokeman kana ng ologopoly).

Bakit kayang magbigay ng discount ng Seaoil (thru their discount card)bakit yung iba hindi?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's such a naive and ignorant proposition IMO...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it seems like i see this boycott proposal posted here every few months.

the worst you can do is create a PR issue for these companies.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    It's such a naive and ignorant proposition IMO...

I dont think so....Well, that's you opinion....

I think it will not hurt us if we will try other oil players outside the Big four...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's see, how many of you realistically can run off to your nearest Seaoil, Flying V and other gas stations that seems to pump in a lot of impurities along with their not-so-cheap fuel? In addition, are you aware that the big refineries sell to these small players as well when they run down in supplies?

Wanna boycott and get serious? Get a bike.

As long as you're using petrol one way or another, the big refineries will be just fine.

It's as naive as thinking the computing world can live without Microsoft right now.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ====================
    Last edited by uls; July 20th, 2008 at 01:33 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    exactly...

buying from small players makes no difference.

the small players will run out of stock due to abnormal increase in demand, and they will just buy stock from the big players to quickly replenish their stock.

Like ung mga tindahan ng piesa... kahit wala sila stock, sasabihin nila sa customer meron... nasa bodega... yun pala kukuha sa ibang tindahan.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Boycott the Big Four (Petron, Shell, Chevron, Total)= Cheaper Local Oil Prices?