New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eh-he-heh! taklesa ka kasi manny. may pa-bible bible ka pa.
    di mo naman ata naiintindihan ang sinasabi mo........

patay kang bata ka!

Pacquiao takes hit on gay issue - The Philippine Star » News » Sports

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao took the opposite view on the same-*** marriage, going against US President Barack Obama’s stance and drawing sharp reactions from all over.

Obama spoke to ABC News the other day and was quoted as saying, “I think same-*** couples should be able to get married.”

Pacquiao, now in Los Angeles for his June 9 bout with American Timothy Bradley, also spoke on the touchy issue.

He’s not on the same page with Obama.

“God’s words first ... obey God’s law first before considering the laws of man,” Pacquiao, who is also against birth control, told National Conservative Examiner.

“God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other. It should not be of the same *** so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old,” Pacquiao added.

But Filipino lawmakers castigated Pacquiao for his remarks against lesbians, gays, bi***uals and transgenders (LGBTs).

Bayan Muna Rep. Teodoro Casiño said it was rather ironic for a man of Pacquiao’s stature to issue such statement disrespectful of others.

“Much as I respect Pacquiao’s views on the same *** marriage so should he respect the right of LGBTs to live,” Casiño said.

Pacquiao also drew flak from Valenzuela Rep. Magtanggol Gunigundo, who said he should be very careful in quoting passages from the bible.

“We should not be reckless in quoting the bible. The bible is not that easy to interpret,” Gunigundo said.

He however also defended Pacquiao against allegations he might have committed a serious diplomatic lapse for his harsh criticisms against the position of the US president.

“I believe (Congressman) Pacquiao was speaking on his own personal capacity. When he made that pronouncement, he was not speaking in behalf of the Philippine government nor in behalf of the House of Representatives,” Gunigundo said.

CBS News wrote that Pacquiao “has come out swinging against President Barack Obama’s recent support of same-*** marriage” and that he “invoked the Bible when criticizing the president’s stance.”

CBS News headlined its story, “Manny Pacquiao – Congressman Pacquiao – rips President Obama for stance on gay marriage.”

“If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads,” Pacquiao also told National Conservative Examiner.

For this one, LA Weekly headlined an article as “Manny Pacquiao says gay men should be ‘put to death.’”

“I’m just reading from the bible and that’s what the bible says,” Team Pacquiao member Jake Joson quoted the 33-year-old champion as saying.

Pacquiao said he has nothing against President Obama, whom he met at the White House as he toured the United States before his fight with Shane Mosley last year.

He also said he has nothing against gay couples, and certainly he’s not despising them, adding that he has gay friends.

Joson said Pacquiao did not want to be further interviewed on the matter which the former said “is being blown out of proportion by some members of the media.”

Pacquiao is a changed man now, and speaks of nothing other than what the bible says.

“And he’s being asked to pay the price,” said Joson. – With report from Paolo Romero

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    certified kopal kasi.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    magagalit ito kay packy........

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lakas na nung effect nung mga sapak sakanya sa ulo..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    He can't just expouse bible verses after bible verses among open-minded Americans and get away with it. If he has nothing nice to say, he should just keep it to himself and shut up. Di na siya sa Pilpinas na pwede ma uto uto mga tao dito. At etong mga politico na ki sakay na naman...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    napanood ko kagabi sa news. The Examiner article includes a reference to Leviticus 20:13 -- which says gays "must be put to death."
    the interviewer ng national conservative examiner admitted that pacman never qouted the Leviticus text. si interviewer mismo ang nag lagay nung verse na iyon.
    Last edited by valskie01; May 17th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nike urged: Drop Pacquiao as endorser

Hundreds of netizens have supported a petition asking sportswear company Nike to drop boxer and Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao as an endorser, following his opposition against gay marriage.

The petition, initiated by Gay Marriage USA via Change.org, asks Nike to "say 'no' to hate speech" by withdrawing its sponsorship of Pacquiao, a champion boxer whom the brand has supported since 2008.

"Following [U.S. President Barack] Obama's recent announcement of support for marriage equality, Pacquiao quoted Bible excerpts to state that homo***uals should be put to death: If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads," the petition read.

Pacquiao was initially quoted as saying marriage "should not be of the same *** so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old."

But in a report on Abs-cbnnews.com, Pacquiao said he is against same-*** marriage but not against gays.

He also denied citing Leviticus 20:13, which says: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

He said he had not even read the book of Leviticus yet.

Filipino-American writer Granville Ampong, whose article was the source of reports that Pacquiao cited Leviticus, said he had been misquoted by "biased writers."

"As we see, nowhere in my supposition and integration of my interview with Pacquiao did I mention that Pacquiao recited this Leviticus 20:13 nor did I imply that Pacquiao had quoted such," he said on Examiner.com.

But it has gone out of control. The petition has gained steam.

"Nike is a multi-billion dollar industry and [Lesbian, Gay, Bi***ual, and Transgender] people contribute billions to this company. It is completely unacceptable that such a high-profile company should be sponsoring a boxer who is encouraging violence towards LGBT people. Tell Nike to drop its sponsorship," the petition read.

"No one who is a public figure, and or, a role model to people, especially children, can be allowed to call for the death of others. I am saddened by his closed-mindedness, but am horrified if Nike keeps him on as a spokesperson after such a violent comment, and violent view point," one supporter of the petition, Aimee Sharpe, said.

Lorrie Adams, who also signed the petition, said: "As a Filipino and as a mother, I am deeply disappointed and outraged at Manny's inexcusable comments. Freedom of speech also comes with the sense to be responsible for your words, to think before you speak."

Pacquiao's comments were also criticized on Twitter. "We ask Filipino Christian leaders, especially those who are guiding him, to disown bigoted Bible interpretation of Manny Pacquiao," blogger and Twitter user Tonyo Cruz said.

Twitter user *JessieBanzales, however, wanted to hear more. "Hi, we want to invite Bro. Manny Pacquiao here in Bahrain to share his testimony (to the) Filipino Community. Please extend our invitation," he said.

But Lawyer Ferdinand Topacio expressed his support for Pacquiao: "Go, go, go PACMAN! Show them that we will not waver in our beliefs! God Bless You! YEAH BA!!"

In a running Yahoo! PH poll, most respondents say PH is not yet ready for same-*** marriage.
    SOURCE: Nike urged: Drop Pacquiao as endorser - Yahoo! News Philippines

ayan, pwede naman kasing di mag-comment e... :gayfight:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oh wow!

Tower of Babel......

15.6K:weathermanf2:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kasi naman

naging religious fanatic kasi

pwede naman i-tone down yung pagiging Christian eh

di naman kailangan i-broadcast sa buong mundo "I'm a born again Christian!"

di naman kailangan mag recite ng bible verses everytime he opens his mouth

kaya tuloy kino-corner siya ng American media

very liberal pa naman ang American media

they'll portray pacman as a bigot
    Last edited by uls; May 17th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Pacman should instead let his fist do the talking inside the ring.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Bible preaching Pacquiao takes hit, says "Gay men should be put to death"