New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

This is bad. Wife and myself are supposed to be attending the Olympics in China come August. I think we already have tickets, but have not yet applied for the visa.... Whew....

Not good....

6000:mobile:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With many people expected to come in to China for what is to be the most economically important Olympics in a very very long time. Let's admit it no one was really interested with Athens in 2004 (I mean Greece, who ants to put money in Greece?). China is a big market and they are getting richer and many companies like to tap in to that ever growing Chinese getting richer and have money to spend. We have to understand din their side that we can't have too many people go in besides Beijing itself has 10M population already I believe so siksikan na yan. Siguro they will prioritize the VIP's first then the commoners like us...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i beleive that it has something to do with the recent problems of separatism in tibet...thats all...and the passing of the torch. maybe some of the activists who went to HK or elsewhere came from the philippines via charter or whatever...whatever happened to the examples given were unfortunate and doesnt make sense...i will wait for an explanation before jumping into any conclusion ahead of that.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    i beleive that it has something to do with the recent problems of separatism in tibet...thats all...and the passing of the torch. maybe some of the activists who went to HK or elsewhere came from the philippines via charter or whatever...whatever happened to the examples given were unfortunate and doesnt make sense...i will wait for an explanation before jumping into any conclusion ahead of that.
    With respect, I think the term 'jumping to conclusions' should not be said to my personal Filipino friends who are being sent back to Manila (sometimes separated from their families back in China) due to a sudden change in China visa restrictions.

Please read my original thread again...carefully. My Filipino work colleague saw Filipinos singled out from the queue and not even allowed into the BUILDING to apply for their visa......exactly as happened to him.
    In China, only Filipinos (so far) are told to fly back to Philippines and apply.

Imagine trying to continue with your normal working relationship, but every 10 days having to leave without pay, fly back to Manila, wait 5 or 6 days (in a hotel possibly) then hopefully get another visa, fly back to your place of work only to have to do it all again 10 days later.....I think most people will agree that this does not qualify as 'jumping to conclusions'. It's happening right now!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yes,it was very unfortunate that they have to go through all these. and i understand their frustration as well. my post was not referring to them in any manner,in case you dont get my point.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given that China also denied 2 US Navy ships permission to dock in HK for their crew's Thanksgiving Day celebration, I'm hardly surprised that they take their high-handed manner of handling visitors to a different level. It's more of racial profiling now.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Eh yung mga Filipino Chinese pwede kaya makapunta?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di rin. This is not about race, its about nationality. Filipino-Chinese are also Filipino citizens. Eh kung race lang naman yan eh di dapat Indonesians and Malaysians bawal din eh same race lang naman sila with Filipino.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    yes,it was very unfortunate that they have to go through all these. and i understand their frustration as well. my post was not referring to them in any manner,in case you dont get my point.
    Understood pitbullz - no problem.

I think there is little that can be done on an individual level. Any action will need to be from a Government level. As I said in a previous post, I have contacted the DFA an await a response, but to be effective the DFA needs to act NOW.
    Next week 4 more of my local Pilipina friends have to leave China and return back to Philippines and try to get another visa. They leave behind apartments which they have furnished and careers which they toiled hard to succeed in.

On a footnote, I apologise buy my Tagalog knowledge is limited and I cannot understand some of the replies here. Salamat po.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Latest update from within China of the visa situation.....

My personal friend (Swedish, business owner here running 5 factories in 2 cities employing 100's of local people) married to a Pilipina, both been living here together for 5 years (as a mirried couple for 3 years) last week sent both their passports off for visa renewal.
    My Swedish friends came back - 6 month dual entry (he normally has 12 months unlimited entries), his Pilipina wife's new visa ONLY VALID UNTIL 7th AUGUST - the day BEFORE the olympics start!

He has been told that there is a government list containing 45 countries (including Philippines and Germany - don't know who else yet) who's acceptance into the country during the Olympics is to be restricted!!!!!!!

We are trying to get a copy of this list and will post it when we have it.

DFA still have not replied to me about this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Beijing Olympics welcome - except Filipinos and other foreigners