New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wala naman local big industry na babagsak, kaya wala may kailangan ng bailout. We all know how inept is the goverment when it come to funding agriculture and other projects... And this does not apply to this administration alone.
    Last edited by Monseratto; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Actually, its doable.
    Maybe you have been sleeping under arock for too long. The current entire political system is corrupted from the top all the way down. That US$800M will surely just go to the pockets of every politican & government official is passes through and leaving only less than 10% at the end for anything useful.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe you have been sleeping under arock for too long. The current entire political system is corrupted from the top all the way down. That US$800M will surely just go to the pockets of every politican & government official is passes through and leaving only less than 10% at the end for anything useful
    Hmmm...sleeping under the rock.

anyway,

I just said its doable. Im not saying it can be implemented immediately.If we can pay 500 billion pesos on debt service, why not for infrastructure program.

And the government can program 1.3 trillion for our annual national budget.

Cant we not allot a measly 32 billion for an economic stimulus package?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...sleeping under the rock.

anyway,

I just said its doable. Im not saying it can be implemented immediately.If we can pay 500 billion pesos on debt service, why not for infrastructure program.

And the government can program 1.3 trillion for our annual national budget.

Cant we not allot a measly 32 billion for an economic stimulus package?
    Doable in whose universe? ... the philippines is not going to the dogs... its already gone to the dogs. The only thing that can happen to save us from ourselves is a Fidel Castro style revolution.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the govt allots a large amount of the national budget for debt payment coz that is what the creditors demanded.

a borrower is beholden to the lender

if the govt doesnt to pay as expected, the Phils' sovereign rating will be downgraded

that will make it more expensive for the Phils. to borrow (much higher interest)

the Phils govt is very reliant on foreign loans

kaya it's best the Phils. make creditors happy

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Doable in whose universe? ... the philippines is not going to the dogs... its already gone to the dogs. The only thing that can happen to save us from ourselves is a Fidel Castro style revolution.
    Now, this not doable.

Maybe, indeed you live in a different universe.

Anyway,

It can be done.(Fidel Ramos had done it. Even making the country as a "tiger cub" or newly industrializing country)

Our leaders only need political will to implement it.
    Last edited by jpdm; January 3rd, 2009 at 09:31 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It can be done.(Fidel Ramos had done it. Even making the country as a "tiger cub" or newly industrializing country)

Our current set of leaders only have enough political will for the next financial kick-back to happen.

Fidel Ramos did it inspite of his government's corruption. At least Ramos' adminstration wasn't as blatantly suggesting one stupid project after another for obvious kick-back reasons.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Do you also know that FVR owns a ship outside the country? He acquired it through taxpayers' money

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Now, this not doable.

Maybe, indeed you live in a different universe.

Anyway,

Many things are doable... So I suggest you start working very hard to accomplish all the brilliant suggestions you keep posting here. And stop complaining and whining about the government if you're not doing anything concrete.

Maybe you can also help bail out Dingel and mass-manufacture his water-powered automobile too. Please!!

Preferably now.

(In the meantime, you can actually post a little less...)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Many things are doable... So I suggest you start working very hard to accomplish all the brilliant suggestions you keep posting here. And stop complaining and whining about the government if you're not doing anything concrete.

Maybe you can also help bail out Dingel and mass-manufacture his water-powered automobile too. Please!!

Preferably now.
    To Creepy na nagtatanim ng kamote,

You dont have to tell me about doing something concrete because I've been working hard to accomplish the many things that are doable (albeit at the micro level).

Dingel? Well, why not you bail him out because it seems you are more concern about him.

(In the meantime, you can actually post a little less...)
    ?????

(are you the part-owner of tsikot sir?Is this a warning, an order or a suggestion sir?You act as if you own tsikot.com)

hmm....I suggest you stop complaining and whining about my posts.

Just ignore them. For you peace of mind.

Please!!

P.S.

Its 2009 already, are you not tired of posting nonsense and not so brilliant replies (to my posts)? If you have nothing sensible to contribute just read and post in other threads.
    Last edited by jpdm; January 4th, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bailing Out the Philippine Economy