New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I was talking to a consumer goods importer/distributor (an established international brand of cosmetics) and their best markets are in the provinces and are mainly driven by OFWs. These OFW purchases really drive consumerism and has been good in keeping the economy going. There's nothing wrong with going to the malls and spending on what you want (yes, even in buying that Montero Sport) as long as we don't fall into the problems of the west which was unmanaged debt in all shapes and sizes. Basta may savings pa rin and debts are managed wisely then things should be okay.
    Binanggit pa talaga ang Montero :bwahaha:

Ang problem sa OFW is the next generations. Their dependents just sit at home (and in Starbucks ) waiting for the remittances. Karamihan hindi na nagtatrabaho. Pagtumanda na si OFW, magreretire, paguwi, mahirap na ulit dahil inubos na ng pamilya mga padala.
    Tapos di pa marunong magtrabaho mga anak.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

Ang problem sa OFW is the next generations. Their dependents just sit at home (and in Starbucks ) waiting for the remittances. Karamihan hindi na nagtatrabaho. Pagtumanda na si OFW, magreretire, paguwi, mahirap na ulit dahil inubos na ng pamilya mga padala.
    yung mga anak kasi lumaki sa ginhawa. di nakaranas ng hirap at gutom. ang gustong trabaho (kung gusto magtrabaho) high-paying na di pinapawisan naka-aircon kaharap ang computer internet buong araw... kung hindi ganyan ang makuhang trabaho tatambay nalang sa bahay

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yung mga anak kasi lumaki sa ginhawa. di nakaranas ng hirap at gutom. ang gustong trabaho (kung gusto magtrabaho) high-paying na di pinapawisan naka-aircon kaharap ang computer internet buong araw... kung hindi ganyan ang makuhang trabaho tatambay nalang sa bahay
    Same problem with the Tsinoys before. Pero now parang up to the 3rd gen tsinoy, maayos pa rin mga buhay.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

Oy primo "cosmetics" .... Pwede ba sa sosyal, pretty women thread yan? .. :naughty2:
    Depends sa gumagamit ng cosmetics na yan pards. Per that same friend of mine, an increasing number of their buyers are... men. :D

Hehe... natutuwa lang ako sa Monty Sport. No offense meant to Monty owners though.

At my in-laws place in the province, their neighbor right across is a husband and wife in their late 30s or early 40s who don't work, have an irritating unkept front yard, and an equally irritating crybaby young kid (anak ng... minsan pumasok lang sa bahay namin yung bata at kinuha yung chocolate ng daughter ko so fridge). Both are jobless and rely on their parents based in the US. Pag bumibisita ang tumatandang ama, panay lakad at painom sa bahay.

When i go to the provincial malls on a weekend, they're really packed with families who buy stuff and not just linger about.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same problem with the Tsinoys before. Pero now parang up to the 3rd gen tsinoy, maayos pa rin mga buhay.
    My former boss is a 3rd-gen tsinoy and one thing he's always been praning about is conserving and growing their wealth. Takot sa "the 3rd generation squanders it..." stigma.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

I think its all in the upbringing of children. No difference in Negros. I've had classmates who would later become very successful in life and careers, while some fell into hard times. Most of them came from prominent and landed families. Money is only temporary, its what one plans and does for the future that counts.

BTT:

Gentlemen, Masskara Festival is nearing ... go to Bacolod with your families and loved ones and enjoy!
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 10th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Depends sa gumagamit ng cosmetics na yan pards. Per that same friend of mine, an increasing number of their buyers are... men. :D
    OT ulit:

Now that you mentioned it, na-notice ko sa mga toilets ng malls ngayon ... men putting on face powder on their faces ... WTF!

Yung iba naman, naghihilamos ng pulbo na parang nadapa sa harina!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pa OT na rin: naalala ko lang yun song ng Juan Dela Cruz Band na Nadapa sa Harina na ang meaning eh tumira ng Cocaine or Heroin

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTT:

Gentlemen, Masskara Festival is nearing ... go to Bacolod with your families and loved ones and enjoy!
    Just don't mention the word "lowslowbenz" pag nakikipag meet-up kayo sa chicks at baka sampal, jumper cable, or mag-amok ang abutin niyo. Hehehe... j/k

OT:

I think its all in the upbringing of children. No difference in Negros. I've had classmates who would later become very successful in life and careers, while some fell into hard times. Most of them came from prominent and landed families. Money is only temporary, its what one plans and does for the future that counts.

BTT:

With my roots, there were those who were able to grow the wealth even more (through business and intermarriage) and sadly, there were those who became squatters on their own lands. It's really upbringing indeed as when we looked back, those who lost it were the ones who were pampered and spoiled and relied on just selling off their properties and whatever to get by. In contrast the ones who did not receive too much in terms of mana, and had to work in the businesses, were the ones who made better.

OT ulit:

Now that you mentioned it, na-notice ko sa mga toilets ng malls ngayon ... men putting on face powder on their faces ... WTF!

Even here at the office, may mga ganyan and sila pa yung may kikay bag pag pumunta sa washroom!
    Last edited by vinj; October 10th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OT ulit:

the rise of girly men

Asians driving global sales of men's skin care products

SINGAPORE (AFP) - Asia is driving global sales of men's skin care products, with Chinese, Japanese and South Koreans the most avid users in the region, a report on male grooming trends showed on Friday.

Consumer research group Euromonitor International said the Asia-Pacific accounted for nearly 60 per cent of worldwide sales of men's skin care products, a fast-growing section of a US$33 billion (S$40 billion) male grooming industry.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Ayala drops 6-billion Negros project