New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ang atheist kelangan lang iprove exitence of nothing. coz the universe came out of nothing.

what so smart with that haha. if you ask me they re all lazy wannabee smart

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Best explanation... Colbert is a Roman Catholic btw...

how about NDE? how does one explain that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Creationism is not a thing. It's not a science. It's not a valid theory for anything. It's a fairy tale, with long and convoluted self-referencing arguments built around it to support it.
    Isn't this true for 'science' as well? Proteins floating in an ocean eons ago in a 'primordial soup' suddenly burst into life? Fairy tale? [emoji3] nobody can prove it. Nobody has evidence of it. Nobody can replicate it.

*buti pa nga theists in this respect at least they believe what they believe...live and let live kung baga unlike some athiests who try to shove their beliefs down your throat e wala naman evidence sa life coming from non-life. Bottomline belief lang din naman kasi hindi naman proven fact yan.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    how about NDE? how does one explain that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Oxygen starvation leading to erratic neural activity.

Anyone with sleep apnea can tell you how vivid and real your dreams become when you can't breathe in your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Isn't this true for 'science' as well? Proteins floating in an ocean eons ago in a 'primordial soup' suddenly burst into life? Fairy tale? [emoji3] nobody can prove it. Nobody has evidence of it. Nobody can replicate it.

*buti pa nga theists in this respect at least they believe what they believe...live and let live kung baga unlike some athiests who try to shove their beliefs down your throat e wala naman evidence sa life coming from non-life. Bottomline belief lang din naman kasi hindi naman proven fact yan.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    No they don't "suddenly burst into life". It took a very long time for organisms to develop. We have proof that organic molecules and organic precursors can form and have formed off of Earth. We also understand how these molecules can and do assemble into coherent membranes.

Basically, organic molecules are like LEGO blocks which can "snap" together in certain orientations. Think of magnetic building blocks. Mix them together in an organic soup for billions of years and there's bound to be some sort of organization. Any form of organization that perseveres and then replicates will spread, eventually.

Admittedly, there are many steps that still have to be fleshed out, but scientists have recreated many of the steps needed for abiogenesis. It's too much to ask that they complete all the steps. You can't compress a billion years of evolution into a single lifetime.

-

Also... theists don't shove their beliefs down people's throats? Are you kidding me? Bibles for Marawi? The Spanish Inquisition? The colonization of the Philippines? Have you never actually LISTENED to the sermons in a Catholic Church where they lambast the Born Again and Protestants? (I have and do, because my Mother is Protestant) Are you not aware of the movement in the US to introduce Creationism into classrooms?

SOME Atheists proselytize. But this is the truth: Our concept of the beginnings of life is incomplete, and scientists will admit that there is much they don't know. But they will state what they do know. And this is what's taught in schools. Trying to shove alternate explanations down our childrens' throats without any proof or rational theoretical framework teaches them magical thinking. Not logic.

Simple lang yun. Parang math. Show your solution. Scientists do. If you can't understand the solution, then study the science until you can.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    "Pascal's Wager
    1.If you erroneously believe in God, then when you die, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end and there is eternal “nothingness”);
    2.If you correctly believe in God, then when you die, you gain everything (a heavenly, infinite existence);
    3.If you correctly disbelieve in God, then when you die, you gain nothing (death is absolute and ends all)
    4.If you erroneously disbelieve in God, then when you die, you lose everything (eternal damnation)."

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvlem View Post
    "Pascal's Wager
    1.If you erroneously believe in God, then when you die, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end and there is eternal “nothingness”);
    2.If you correctly believe in God, then when you die, you gain everything (a heavenly, infinite existence);
    3.If you correctly disbelieve in God, then when you die, you gain nothing (death is absolute and ends all)
    4.If you erroneously disbelieve in God, then when you die, you lose everything (eternal damnation)."

the WEAKEST argument in town but some do think it's valid reasoning LOL

the quickest way to kill this argument is to ask which god/s. there are thousands. if you could believe & worship all of them then yes pascal's wager might make sense for you. but i bet you believe in just one god, so what if you picked the wrong god

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    the WEAKEST argument in town but some do think it's valid reasoning LOL

the quickest way to kill this argument is to ask which god/s. there are thousands. if you could believe & worship all of them then yes pascal's wager might make sense for you. but i bet you believe in just one god, so what if you picked the wrong god
    hahaha.. your are correct, what if I pick the wrong God? I did asked those question a long time ago.. but the God I know sees the heart of the person rather than their intellect and outward appearance..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvlem View Post
    hahaha.. your are correct, what if I pick the wrong God? I did asked those question a long time ago.. but the God I know sees the heart of the person rather than their intellect and outward appearance..

good luck to you. what you said there made absolutely zero sense but i guess it's the type of thing that the religious find very profound. it would be best to keep out of rational discussion

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Lennox Vs. Dawkins Debate - Has Science Buried God?

Lennox Vs. Dawkins Debate - Has Science Buried God? - YouTube

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    good luck to you. what you said there made absolutely zero sense but i guess it's the type of thing that the religious find very profound. it would be best to keep out of rational discussion
    Actually pascal's wager makes sense..
    1. If i belived in wrong God and there is God, then i will be the same with the group of people who does not believed in God. But there is probability of choosing the right God. If you dont believed in God. Then your probability will be zero
    2. Blaise Pascal is more intelligent than me and he believed in the existence God and most probably he is more intelligent than bart simpsons.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast