New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post
    natawa naman ako sa hawak ng gurlalo... so means He exist!!! hahahaha.. akala ko ba "freethinker"??
    wala na ba ibang topic na hindi related sa religion??? do they questioned the Big Bang Theory?? the Law of Physics? ang solar system? ang scince na sinulat lang din ng tao??

Simply means they are open minded to all options. As compared to some people who are closed mind and scoffs are people who think differently from their own.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    so if I were you, if you're saying na naging atheist ka lang ngaun kasi internet boom ngaun, huwad ang pagka-atheist bec. may catalyst. a true atheist is one who experienced so much in life worthy enough to withdraw himself from God. hindi yun basa-basa lang.

I never really believed in a "God". It's not a phase. It just is.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. There is no rejection because there is nothing to reject.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madali kasi magsawa mga tao at the same time they think it's cool kung ano yun bago. the problem nga lang you can't do that in matters of the faith, kasi what does that say to you? madali ka ma-sway, herd mentality. the atheist culture is again gaining strength as what happened in the time of 60's and 70's, yun time ng gypsies and volkswagen van and the beatles. people that time were anarchists/atheists etc. etc. bec. most of their parents/elders came from the post-war era na super strict. and then what happened after, inubos sila lahat ng AIDS virus. Fate has a way of getting back if things get out of control.
    LOL! ... you must be the people who still think that AIDS is God's work against gay people.

BTW, the 60s "hippies" were about counter-culture. Not atheists. It was basically a youth movement against the establishment.

Just the facts please, not the censored garbage from sunday school.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ako, im not an atheist.since 2011, tumiwalag na ako from the catholic church. sa ngayon, wala akong relihiyon at wala na akong balak pang umanib sa ibang sekta. at lalong hindi ako bubuo ng sarili kong kulto:D.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    phase lang yan i tell you. it's like when the Pacman is rising, lahat boto sa kanya. and when sobra sikat na siya, dami na ayaw sa kanya, ridiculing him etc. I have seen the same behavior in Apple. for the past years since the introduction of the iphone, sobra lahat ng tao gusto ma-allign with Apple products, some say Steve Jobs is like Jesus Christ sa kasikatan. eh ngaun, kung anu-ano paninira sa Ipad3 na kesyo mainit daw etc. etc. tapos gusto alamin ng mga tao kung ano condition ng mga Chinese workers in Foxconn factories

madali kasi magsawa mga tao at the same time they think it's cool kung ano yun bago. the problem nga lang you can't do that in matters of the faith, kasi what does that say to you? madali ka ma-sway, herd mentality. the atheist culture is again gaining strength as what happened in the time of 60's and 70's, yun time ng gypsies and volkswagen van and the beatles. people that time were anarchists/atheists etc. etc. bec. most of their parents/elders came from the post-war era na super strict. and then what happened after, inubos sila lahat ng AIDS virus. Fate has a way of getting back if things get out of control.

so if I were you, if you're saying na naging atheist ka lang ngaun kasi internet boom ngaun, huwad ang pagka-atheist bec. may catalyst. a true atheist is one who experienced so much in life worthy enough to withdraw himself from God. hindi yun basa-basa lang.
    i've been reading about evolution since HS

it's not as if i just started reading about evolution recently coz meron na internet

i went to both catholic and protestant schools. in catholic school it's RCC doctrine. in protestant school it's bible study. i probably memorized more bible verses than many of you. but i didnt become religious. religion just didnt appeal to me. religion didnt answer my questions. science did

baka ibang tao nakikiuso lang. wala ako pakialam sa kanila

back in HS i didnt care if i was one of 2 or 3 students in class who defended evolution. we were called evil and satanic for defending evolution. f*ck them. di pa uso noon Darwinists na kami

kung malaos ito wala parin ako paki

mas mabuti pa malaos para maalis ang mga nakikiuso
    Last edited by uls; April 28th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I never really believed in a "God". It's not a phase. It just is.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. There is no rejection because there is nothing to reject.
    atheism exist bec. there is a God. if we are to search for the definition of atheism, sigurado mentioned dun ang word na God. that alone explains that atheism co-exists with God, even though it's a rejection of the existence God. kung walang God dapat wala ng tawag sa inyo di'ba?

but you proudly shout out, I'm an atheist kung tuusin parang instant plugging yan to advertise yourselves, and indirectly you are capitalizing on the popularity of God. and from how most of you attack our religion, subconsciously you're still acknowledging his existence, in the opposite kinda way nga lang.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    but you proudly shout out, I'm an atheist kung tuusin parang instant plugging yan to advertise yourselves, and indirectly you are capitalizing on the popularity of God. and from how most of you attack our religion, subconsciously you're still acknowledging his existence, in the opposite kinda way nga lang.
    I think you need to have your Head examined

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Bat hindi nagpo-post dito si Mahal at Mura?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    eto naman sagot ko kay pop3corn -- religious people are trying so hard to discredit evolution. they're afraid of evolution. coz evolution makes f*cking sense. it makes more sense than religion. it makes so much sense that it causes people to turn away from religion. evolution is threatening religion

religious leaders have been fighting evolution ever since Darwin's The Origin of Species came out

more than 150 years later they are still fighting it

if evolution is crap it wouldnt be this durable
    Last edited by uls; April 28th, 2012 at 03:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i've been reading about evolution since HS

it's not as if i just started reading about evolution recently coz meron na internet

i went to both catholic and protestant schools. in catholic school it's RCC doctrine. in protestant school it's bible study. i probably memorized more bible verses than many of you. but i didnt become religious. religion just didnt appeal to me. religion didnt answer my questions. science did
    at least now I understand how you got so confused with it all and decided just to call it quits. studying in a catholic school then a protestant school for me if I were in your shoes, tingin ko 0 ako din masisira ulo. imagine memorizing all those bible verses with different or maybe even conflicting interpretations from catholic and protestant beliefs, mag-reset talaga mind ko.

puwede ba ako mag-suggest. why not discover God without the Church and all their misgivings and shortcomings. Sa Europe kasi, makikita mo talaga na yun nangyayari dito sa'tin na irregularities sa local Church eh mas grabe duon. I think there came a point in time na nagpataasan lang ng ihi ang mga Europeans by the designs of their Churches. this went on for so many centuries and kitang-kita talaga ang vanity ng mga religious Europeans noon araw, even the priests.

when I was in Rome (my last stop), I recalled all I have seen from France, to Spain To Switzerland then Venice/Florence/Rome, sabi ko eh talaga palang magiging atheist ako eh. walanghiya ang mga tao dito sa Europe, kung anu-ano pa pag-convince sa'tin mga tiga-Asia na kesyo Holy sila, religious sila eh ginawa nilang competition ang Christianity in all forms like Church Designs, Art etc etc all this time.

But then, something hit me when I tried to look at the bigger picture. if not for that internal struggle/competition between the faithful , Europe would not have achieve its greatness if not grandness. and so I asked myself, good result naman pala, and maybe this is really how God meant it for them.

for example, Magellan seemingly looked like an outcast in Portugal, he felt he had no place in Europe for fame and fortune coz somehow parang saturated market na. and during that time no European would dare venture outside continental Europe, it's just a big question mark in terms of their resources as well as reputation.
    but Magellan enlisted with the King of Spain and discovered South East Asia in the process. then another history in the making, a century that yet again started another race of fame/fortune/purpose but this time, the discovery of the world.

hindi ba't ganyan din naman ang behaviour ng universe, you get to see 2 colliding heavenly bodies or galaxies or system, then after that what happens? the creation of something new, something not deterministic, something exciting ... compare that to what happened in Europe with their clash of ideas and art and intelligence, d'ba ang ganda naman ng outcome, the beautiful Europe we see now.

----

the problem with atheism or science kasi is it is too deterministic if not boring. like for example, when America went for war against Iraq. by science/logic, siguro naman naisip natin lahat wala na babay Iraq na. but that was not the case, what happened was something greater - that a superpower can't just step on lowly country like Iraq, and from what I can see even America was shook internally. They went there to liberate Iraq like what they always do, but hey now, we are seeing a new series events na hindi tugma sa plano ...

d'ba mas maganda yun ganun. that's the true essence of religion, it creates new possibilities that are otherwise debunked by science kasi ang gusto ng science one deterministic outcome lang.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
"Atheists Searching For Their Place in Heavily Catholic Philippines"