New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Arroyo aware of corruption allegations before signing NBN deal

[SIZE=2]President Arroyo on Saturday admitted that she was told about the purported corruption in government’s scrapped broadband project with China before the signing of the contract. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Nagsumbong sa akin the night before the signing of the supply contract… So, papaano mo naman maka-cancel the night before, meron kang ibang bansang kausap?" Mrs. Arroyo said in an interview on dzRH. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2](I was told about corruption the night before the signing of the supply contract. How could we cancel it the night before the signing, given that another country was involved in this contract?) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The President added: "So, tuloy iyong signing pero sa unang pagkakataon, kinausap ko kaagad iyong pangulo ng China para sabihin sa kaniya na kailangan kanselahin iyong proyekto."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2](So, the signing pushed through but for the first time I immediately talked to the Chinese president to tell him that we needed to cancel the project because of this issue)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mrs. Arroyo said the Chinese government was initially shocked but eventually it conceded. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The President said she was assured by the Chinese government that the relations between the Philippines and China would not be affected despite the cancellation of the alleged irregular national broadband network (NBN) project. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The President said like the public she also denounces corrupt practices, citing her decision to scrap the NBN deal after the scandal broke out. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Kanselado na iyon, matagal na. Oras nga na may sumbong sa akin, tiningnan ko na iyong paraan kung papaano kanselahin (It has been cancelled a long time ago. The minute someone told me about the irregularities I immediately ordered for its cancellation)," she said. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The President also agreed that the practice where contractors will offer to build projects funded by loans from other governments should be stopped.[/SIZE]

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com
    Feb.23, 2008

Inamin na rin... kinansela dahil nabuking
    Last edited by Zeus; February 23rd, 2008 at 09:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ok, she knew. the question is, besides cancelling it, what did she do about it? sa aking palagay, wala. sin of omission. she tolerated it.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; February 23rd, 2008 at 09:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nani Perez, Joc-Joc Bolante up to NBN-ZTE, she knew everything about all those controversies.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    maybe the deal is more important than the corruption is allegation. bali-baligtarin pa din it's only an allegation, no concrete proof. while the NBN deal is well if pushed through could do a lot of service to the filipino people. that's concrete/genuine work for the filipino people.

the sad part of this issue right now is the ZTE name, pati ito tarnished na. didn't you know, yun handset na ginagamit sa wireless landline ngaun dito sa mga pasig condos ay puro ZTE brands. ZTE china is a good/afforadable brand. sayang ... with Batangas port in line of sight with china sea. trading/importation will be cheaper than say importing panasonics from japan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Oh m'God, I can't believe GMA said this. The **** has finally hit the fan
    and she's starting to self-destruct. Maybe malapit na kumanta si Neri at
    inunahan na niya.

Imagine inamin niya na alam na niya na meron anomalya BEFORE the ZTE
    contract signing in Boao China. Why did she wait around five months pa
    nung umalingasaw na sa Senado to cancel it?

Patay kang Abalos ka, paano ka pa ngayon magde-deny when GMA already
    admitted that this ZTE deal is anomalous! Kumanta ka na rin and spill the
    whole can of beans, at least hindi ka na nagiisa sa kulungan!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    mga kawatan umamin na ang amo nyo, umamin na rin kayo

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    Oh m'God, I can't believe GMA said this. The **** has finally hit the fan
    and she's starting to self-destruct. Maybe malapit na kumanta si Neri at
    inunahan na niya.

Imagine inamin niya na alam na niya na meron anomalya BEFORE the ZTE
    contract signing in Boao China. Why did she wait around five months pa
    nung umalingasaw na sa Senado to cancel it?

Patay kang Abalos ka, paano ka pa ngayon magde-deny when GMA already
    admitted that this ZTE deal is anomalous! Kumanta ka na rin and spill the
    whole can of beans, at least hindi ka na nagiisa sa kulungan!
    Baka pwede niya ibawi yun, at isabi na impersonator lang niya yun si Michael V o si Ate Glow yun nagsalita sa radyo hindi siya
    Last edited by Zeus; February 24th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    coming soon, "I'm Sorry - GMA" the movie....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    She wasn't told about the corruption the night before the signing. I think she was told that the corruption has leaked.Nyek!!!

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3448[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    And to think GMA went to Boao when FG was in the hospital in critical
    condition.

Eto siguro sinabi ni FG sa kanya: "Sige pumunta ka na sa China at pirmahan
    mo na yung contrata, sayang yung $70M commission ko. Huwag ka magalala
    hindi pa ako matitigok, masamang damo ako!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Arroyo aware of corruption allegations before signing NBN deal!