New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    im not sure where to post this.. but i guess its politics.. i just want to share what two of my close friends that are former studnts of MCU.. experienced.. well one was a dentistry studnt and the other MED studnt. what they told me is really sad.. im not from MCU so i wouldnt really know how the system runs.. all i know is that both have transfered to different universities because they feel that they are being deliberately being failed so that they will have to stay longer in MCU... can anyone else share an experience from MCU? i just feel that future studnts should be warned or at least given a clear picture of what is happening there....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you get good grades there is no way they can fail you. Even if you fail, as long as you are in the top 50% of the class, you will still pass (wala pang instance na 50% ng klase bumagsak). Or at least don't be one of the lowest 10 in terms of grades.

I'm not from MCU but my commander's cousin are from there. They both finished on time but neither one of them stayed on for further training/specialization (hmmm...I wonder why). One went to Veterans, the other works in the same company as I do.

I'll try to ask them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    im not sure where to post this.. but i guess its politics.. i just want to share what two of my close friends that are former studnts of MCU.. experienced.. well one was a dentistry studnt and the other MED studnt. what they told me is really sad.. im not from MCU so i wouldnt really know how the system runs.. all i know is that both have transfered to different universities because they feel that they are being deliberately being failed so that they will have to stay longer in MCU... can anyone else share an experience from MCU? i just feel that future studnts should be warned or at least given a clear picture of what is happening there....
    I doubt na that is the case. I think MCU has been around since the early 1900's and i dont think they are going to they are going to sully their reputation just to make a few thousand pesos. At anyrate, i know the owners of mcu, ill bring up this concern to them.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    well my frend who is suposed to be entering 4th year med.. says that out of the 40 studnts in their batch only 18 or 19 are remaining the rest are moving to different schools.. the other thing that my friend told me is that he wanted to know at what part of the semester he failed the three subjects.. and they just wont show him his class records..they dnt want to show him his grades for his last 3 major assigments..
    and for some studnts that are moving to other schools.. they are being denied a copy of their transcripts... my other friend doing dentistry said more than half their batch moved to another school...i just really feel for my friend show is doing medicine because he is a foriegner and they are milked of so much money to study in MCU. well i do hope something comes out of this...

anyone from MCU?