New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you going to vote for this candidate?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

21 31.34%
  • NO

46 68.66%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is our place to discuss anything about the achievements, track record, political stand, platform and candidacy of Allan Peter Cayetano as a candidate for senator.

Lets use this forum to evaluate the candidates and to share our political insights.

Lets get ready to rumble

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    these are just my opinions, mga tsikoteers. am sure a lot would not agree but feel free to throw in your thoughts and disagree.

A BIG NO for me!

I watched him on ANC during the Ethics Committee deliberations.

If he really had proof, he should have showed it for the world to see. dami pang paligoy-ligoy. i still adhere to the belief that if someone accuses somebody, the burden of proof lies on the accuser. he should prove the other of wrong doing and not the other way around - that is, the accused should prove himself innocent. this is preposterous!

asking for a global waiver, for all family members, for all possible aliases, for all banks in the universe, for all kinds of currencies in all countries, is not only futile, but stupid as well. it's impossible and unfair for someone to ask for this as a precondition in showing the evidence.

in my opinion, the reason he is asking for this is that he wants to go on a fishing expedition to' 'fish' for evidence that is not yet existing. or as a precondition, he knows no one in his right mind will grant such a request, so he hopes to get off the hook.

but fishes are caught by their mouth...

for me, personally, i cannot also stand FG. but the issue here is not if he is guilty or not. We have the courts for that. am sure that a lot of us here know that FG might be. but the issue at hand here is if Allan Peter Cayetano can substantiate his accusations with evidence.

I believe he got 'electrocuted' with false info fed to him, got in the hole too deep he couldn't get out of, and is not man enough to admit that he made a mistake.

i don't like his attitude. he has no humility. imho, he thinks the world owes him everything by virtue of his name. if i were his father, i would be turning in my grave.

just my thoughts. i wouldn't vote for him even if he is the last candidate in the world.

peace to all.
    Last edited by tsikot; February 8th, 2007 at 09:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A thread promoting the senatorial slate for Alan Peter Cayetano?

You must be kidding.

Both he and Escudero are the new breed of stupid politicians who do nothing but instill fear and doubt to the masses without offering any solution or proof.

IMO, this thread should be closed, locked and thrown out the window.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with all due respects, Mguy, these threads are not in any way promoting the political plans/ambitions of any candidate, opposition or administration or independent.

these threads are here to provide a forum for everyone to post his thoughts and feelings on the particular candidate, be they be positive or negative.

if posts are for the candidate, ok lang.
    if posts are against the candidate, ok lang.

we have learned to talk, discuss and respect each other's opinions here.

thanks and peace! :car:
    Last edited by tsikot; February 8th, 2007 at 09:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry but the title of the thread itself is like promoting Cayetano for senator. Well, that is just my impression.

If it was titled 'What do you think of Cayetano as a senator?', that would be appropriate.

Well, after looking that there are more threads similar to this, I see where this is going and now understand what you guys are trying to do.

Thanks for the info.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome. it does seem that way.

i do get your point and strongly considering changing the threads' titles.

thanks also for calling our attention to this.

:car:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yucks. ayaw ko kay Cayetano.. putak ng putak pero wala naman mapakita ebidensya...gusto lang ng publicity.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Yucks. ayaw ko kay Cayetano.. putak ng putak pero wala naman mapakita ebidensya...gusto lang ng publicity.
    natumbok mo jonski!

what i was trying to say in so many words, you said better in one sentence!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=3]Sorry for the unkind comments about this guy but I just have to say it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For a congressman like him (congressman pa lang yan ha), he acts as if he owns the chamber and that he has the power to bring it to its knees. The sight of him polarizes the Filipino people. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Strange but he suddenly became a super graft buster and anti corruption crusader when elections are already in the horizon. Prior to that, he was busy licking people’s a** just to win. I am TOTALLY incensed by the way he insults my intelligence (and countless Filipinos as well). I hope he gets to read this thread and know that all of his actions in the committee hearings are lack credibility and was only meant to generate publicity and pa "underdog" effect. Proof: I never learned anything from that debate.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] He’s not even humble and principle-minded in the first place.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For me, he’s no different from our new breed of zombie politicians who suddenly become conscious of their God given duty to serve the people. Just take a look at some of these: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]someone suddenly become an advocate of women’s rights. As if all men in the Philippines are women beaters and all women are battered women (he should have fought for that a long long time ago). [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]someone suddenly became aware of the plight of veterans and senior citizens who, prior to the elections, were constantly begging for attention and special care (he should have fought for that a long long time ago)..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Someone suddenly realizes the importance of biofuels to the economy and the environment (he should have realized that a long long time ago).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Someone suddenly realizes that Kamag anak incorporated is bad for the Senate's image (he should have realized that a long long time ago).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]- An accused Coup-plotter suddenly begins to realize that there is actually an existing constitution and electoral system under which he could legally lead.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]- and so on and so forth (the list will continue to grow as election nears)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The coming elections starts to bring out a lot of hypocrisy among men. Sana magpakatotoo muna sila bago nila madeserve yung mahalagang boto ng sambayanang Pilipino. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    WHOAAA!! This guy is really ambitious. His father must be turning in his grave for his son's actions. tsk...tsk.....

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Alan Peter Cayetano: Candidate for Senator