New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm i am not sure if this thread should be here or in food section.. anyway, here it goes:

MANILA, Philippines -- For those who want a taste of the hamburger popularized by former Commission on Elections chairman Benjamin Abalos, the former government official has opened an outlet in Mandaluyong City.

The now famous “Ben’s Burjer” has its original home at the Wack-Wack Golf and Country Club where Abalos and other players in the controversial national broadband network agreement that includes First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo had met with officials of China’s ZTE Corp.

"It is a merienda outlet...this [burger is from] the same source so the public can go...since Wack-Wack is private," said Abalos in a phone interview with INQUIRER.net.

The burger in “Ben's Burjer” tastes exactly like those being served in Wack-Wack although the price was cheaper, said Abalos.

"And even if you can get inside Wack-Wack, you cannot buy the burger because only members are served so those in the new outlet is in a way cheaper," he said.

Abalos' “hamburjer” instead of hamburger became famous when, in one of the inquiries by the Senate, the former Comelec chief debunked claims by NBN star witness Rodolfo Lozada that he had threatened to kill the ex-government consultant.

In that hearing, Abalos said that Lozada might have wanted the “hamburjer” so much that he had gone back to Wack-Wack despite the death threats.

But Lozada countered that he kept coming back to Wack-Wack because he worked with then socio-economic chairman Romulo Neri.
    For Abalos, the “burjer” turned out to be a blessing as it had paved the way for the opening at Palanca corner Boni Avenue of another outlet, which his daughter was managing.

"Be my guest and try the burger," Abalos said.
    By Thea Alberto
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 18:07:00 04/16/2008

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    delikado ang mcdo and jolllibee dito....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka may "dagdag-bawas" ang mga burjer patties nya................

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hmmm... mapuntahan nga ang store na yan at matikman ang burjer na yan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sabi nga nila in 1986 eto ang kasabihan "The Filipinos are worth dying for.. "

pero ngayon eto na:

"The burjer that is worth dying for..."

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Masyadong bilib si Abalos sa burjer niya ah...madayo nga at matikman.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    special benburjer with hot garci sauce.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I saw it on TV. Looks Yummy. I wanna try but I have no idea where Boni (?) is. heehee.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I Tried it nothing new.. its like minute burger thin =( patty and ordinary bun with sesame seed you can buy in any grocery.

I ordered cheese burger and 2 double patty burger (110pes each pricey)
    but got served 2 double patty only i didn't bother to ordered another as it takes too long to wait for it to cook.. as i got billed for two only...

its along barangka with a new commercial space.. kay abalos ata yung buong bldg

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    I Tried it nothing new.. its like minute burger thin =( patty and ordinary bun with sesame seed you can buy in any grocery.

I ordered cheese burger and 2 double patty burger (110pes each pricey)
    but got served 2 double patty only i didn't bother to ordered another as it takes too long to wait for it to cook.. as i got billed for two only...

its along barangka with a new commercial space.. kay abalos ata yung buong bldg
    Saan po ba exact location? Coming from EDSA po ako. Gusto ko po kasing tikman yung pinagmamalaki niya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast