New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100% agreed with galactus....bakit ako papayag na maimplement ang isang project na overpriced, your mentality OB, is the very reason bakit hinde nahihinto ang corruption dito sa atin...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    corruption will never be stopped.

ito lang naman yan eh pano kung nakasagasa accidentally at nakapatay ka ng tao. and considering na lahat naman ng ganitong case eh may claim na aksidente, hindi sinasadya.

ideally, kung ikaw ang 3rd party you'll say pakulong na yan bec. under the law nakapatay siya.

pero pano kung ikaw o kapatid mo o tatay mo o anak mo ang nakasagasa, can you bear the feeling of being jailed or a loved one being jailed. what will you do? what course of action will play in your mind? will you hire, bribe, flirt, use flowery words etc. dun nagsisimula ang corruption. it exists not bec. it's bad but bec. it's a necessity.

you say that I have flawed logic. pero sa tingin most of you are the ones living in a dream world if you believe that corruption can be 100% eradicated.

what i believe in are results/outcomes bec. i'm a result-oriented person. and the most important thing right now is for our govt. to upgrade its facilities asap to be competitive in this millenium. we are now a decade late.
    Last edited by oldblue; September 19th, 2007 at 07:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    The best thing to do really is prosecute the people who commit crimes, regardless of their position. It's that simple. That is what impresses me most about the US. Kesyo rich and famous ka, or even a politician, you can and will go to prison if you violate their laws. I don't have to cite examples, its all over the Net. I never said America is perfect, no country is. But they do send powerful and rich people to jail if proven guilty, at hindi sa resthouse in some forgettable area, unlike here.

Eh dito, convicted na nga si Erap, this should be our justice system's finest hour, tapos gusto pang i-pardon. Ngek!

Kung tama ang prinsipyo ko, sana it will infect others into thinking the same. Hopefully, we can achieve a critical mass para mabago ang gobyerno. I don't stand for my principles just for the heck of it, or proving I'm right.

Eh di maganda na back to the drawing board. Academicians and some big business groups have already said na its not important and better na i-shelve na lang yung project. Ten years down the road, obsolete na ang NBN, pero the Filipino public will still be paying for it (20 year loan). It's a really big white elephant (at least P45 Billion pesos). So I do care about the cost, kasi pati anak ko babayaran yan. Kahit hindi ako accountant, I know the ramifications. Heck, kahit yung barbero ko alam na hindi na dapat ituloy ang NBN eh!

Pwede namang mag-implement ng project na walang kurakot ah? So why should I settle for Abalos, Fat Bastard, Pandak, et al? After all, there are Filipinos who attained powerful positions who didn't enrich themselves in office. We just need a few of their kind to turn this country around.

ayaw ko na sana mag-start kay Erap pero if you will watch the aired sentencing on TV. ingat na ingat ang mga Hurado to sentence him in fact even to the point of scolding pa nga the prosecutor, to stop na. nagmukang tanga yun chief prosecutor sa TV. tapos when interviewed outside, the prosecutor has like 6 bodyguards enclosing him. and i believe he is also a respectable man basing from his appearance, stature and choice of words.

dun ka din matatawa kay Saguisag eh, pina-shut up na nga ng judges yun chief prosecutor. nagsalita, pa speech speech pa na kesyo bakit daw sila gina-ganun eh gi-nrant na nga wishes nila hello . talagang instigating unrest in front of TV yun ex-senator na yun.

ERap was sentenced to plunder bec. it was a necessity dahil magkakagulo if he was not sentenced. but just right after that, the 3 judges allowed him to stay in his Tanay dreamland. suppose to be he is to be taken to Bilibid prison even if may pending motion for recon.

now why did the judges do that, nanggaling na din sa judge. she said something like this: due to his former stature or something as the president of the Phils, they are allowing him to stay in Tanay until further notice.

now is that corruption of the letter of the law tell me? YES! is it written under the law that a sentenced criminal can be allowed to stil stay in his home. no! so is corruption bad? no! bec. it's a necessity. kasi kung kakawawain na naman siya in front of TV. siguro right now as we speak, we're watching EDSA 4 in TV.

end result: peaceful sentencing of the former President of the Philippines.
    Last edited by oldblue; September 19th, 2007 at 08:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I haven't read this thread from the beginning but viewing the last 2 pages showed me a good exchange of ideas. :starwars:

Galactus, Shadow and Bayonic sharing the same view that differs with that of OB and A121.

Sir OB, what I gleaned from your argument is that you are taking a practical approach to the problem. You say that corruption cannot be eliminated so instead of fussing about it, treat it as a necessary evil instead and just try to get to the bottomline in the quickest possible time so that the benefits can be reaped. And hopefully it makes up for the "losses".

I think there is a better approach to that without compromising practicality.

Corruption can be categorized as Spoilage. Evidently, despite our claims and attempts to eliminate Spoilage, it can't be done all the time. But it can always be controlled. We should always minimize spoilage. This is where the other views come from.

Our vigilant citizens find it anomalous. An overprice of 130++million usd is too large a loot to feed to a fat b#stard on a silver plate!Considering we are a 3rd world nation. That's abhorable.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    At ang balita pa, in 3 years time obsolete na yung technology na gagamitin. so kung 20 years ang loan yung 17 years na bayad natin mapupunta sa isang bagay na baka di mapkinabangan. Di lang white elephant, dead elephant pa yan. Tsaka kung tutuusin madami pang mas importanteng paglalaanan ng budget kesa diyan. Di po tayo mayamnag bansa kaya dapat maingat tayo sa paggamit ng pera.
    Naalala niyo ba yung bataan nuclear plant? Yung mga camera na ininstall ni Abalos sa intersections nung mmda chief siya ? Nasan na?? ginastusan ng malaki pero ano na ang silbi??

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINGBLING View Post
    I haven't read this thread from the beginning but viewing the last 2 pages showed me a good exchange of ideas. :starwars:

Galactus, Shadow and Bayonic sharing the same view that differs with that of OB and A121.

Sir OB, what I gleaned from your argument is that you are taking a practical approach to the problem. You say that corruption cannot be eliminated so instead of fussing about it, treat it as a necessary evil instead and just try to get to the bottomline in the quickest possible time so that the benefits can be reaped. And hopefully it makes up for the "losses".

I think there is a better approach to that without compromising practicality.

Corruption can be categorized as Spoilage. Evidently, despite our claims and attempts to eliminate Spoilage, it can't be done all the time. But it can always be controlled. We should always minimize spoilage. This is where the other views come from.

Our vigilant citizens find it anomalous. An overprice of 130++million usd is too large a loot to feed to a fat b#stard on a silver plate!Considering we are a 3rd world nation. That's abhorable.
    ang sa'kin lang naman sir eh even if we do save the 130M from these reptiles, the 130M will still be the apple of the eye of the next batch or the same people. ika nga, live and fight este take another day

as a citizen, i really have no control over it since I'm not in the govt. involving the media is a big no no bec. it only brings more negativity to the issue .... na-renew lang ang distrust and despair of the people. ok na nga yun balita na na-convict si Erap. we're sending message to the whole world that " hey, it's okay to invest here. we are not a lawless nation. we can even put our President to jail in fact, we can even still put to trial an already exiled communist troublemaker in another country. "

the best way is to spend it kagad and enjoy the fruits of whatever the project will do to us. hindi lang naman pera ang makakapag-angat sa'tin lahat. miracles happen everyday by just working together and adopting a positive attitude towards work and life.

if for instance, this broadband project is implemented by January of next year. The govt. will definitely restructure its manpower. tataas ang maging requirement nila sa mga bagong govt. employees. hindi na puwede yun marunong kalang mag-typewriter. the reason why we have so much garapal in the govt. is bec. we are hiring the less educated ones. these are the breed who are easily tempted to engage in corrupt practices bec. even their immediate supervisors/bosses are as incompetent or as weak as them.

hindi nyo ba napapansin pag pumu-punta kayo sa govt. agencies, parang ambabastos nila makipag-usap, walang breeding, walang respeto, garapal manghingi ng lagay. that's mainly bec. yun talaga sila, karamihan mga iskul bukol natutunan ang social skills.

put educated ones, at mahihiya maggarapalan yan. talagang kailangan magpakatalino ka para maka-isa o makapuslit ng pera.

====

i am just thinking for the future. drastic change can never happen overnight, heck not even in 5 years sa tingin ko. but at least, pag 40+ ka na, siguro naman may assurance na, na ang kausap mo sa govt. agency eh hindi na gumagamit ng carbon paper na usually hanggang 2 copies lang, kung gusto mo ng pangatlo, mag-retype pa sya ulit. kapag may kelangan kang form at naubusan pababalikin ka sa ibang araw na, (instead na may internet sila na mag-download at magprint ng form) therefore, wasting your entire day. multiply this to the # of citizens lining up in these agencies ...

that I believe is the mother of all spoilage. hindi lang pera pati oras ng mga citizens na dapat inuubos sa mas productive na endeavor.
    Last edited by oldblue; September 20th, 2007 at 02:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    At ang balita pa, in 3 years time obsolete na yung technology na gagamitin. so kung 20 years ang loan yung 17 years na bayad natin mapupunta sa isang bagay na baka di mapkinabangan. Di lang white elephant, dead elephant pa yan. Tsaka kung tutuusin madami pang mas importanteng paglalaanan ng budget kesa diyan. Di po tayo mayamnag bansa kaya dapat maingat tayo sa paggamit ng pera.
    Naalala niyo ba yung bataan nuclear plant? Yung mga camera na ininstall ni Abalos sa intersections nung mmda chief siya ? Nasan na?? ginastusan ng malaki pero ano na ang silbi??
    i dont buy this 3 years eh obsolete ng technology. our internet is still running in a UNIX backbone. parang 1970's pa ito ah.

globe and smart's network are still GSM tama ba. di pa din fully-implemented honest to goodness 3G (like in Japan/Europe) pero look at what we're witnessing already internet on phone, TV on phone etc .. etc...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^ Wala namang question sa financial capability of ZTE. Its the 2nd largest construction company in China, and has an international presence.

The main point here is that the project is overpriced, tapos will be shouldered pa with a loan from China, guaranteed by the RP govt. Ang laki ng difference, over US$ 100M ata. Eh yung 2 other bidders, NBN will be on a Build-Operate-Own (BOO) scheme. Problema na ng project proponent yung financing, and no capital outlay by the govt.

Bakit ka pa mangungutang mg milyon milyon in US$, eh pwede naman BOO scheme? Yung utang sa China, pag natuloy, babayaran ng taxpayer pati na mga anak nya, kasi long-term loan (20 years ata).
    clear indication that the people in the government are really corrupt and doesnt mind the consequences as long as they benefit from the transaction.garapalan na talaga.if these 'corrupt officials' really care for the country, they should go for the NBN bid, but because they are already bribed and assured of big kickbacks, hayon pinagtatanggol pa yong nakaw nila.kaawaan sana kayo ni taning!!!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    lahat po may karma. dadating ang panahon pagsisisihan nila lahat ng masama nilang ginagawa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    when will be that time???

kawawa naman mga anak at magiging apo natin sa mga yan.
    this is the best, awesome government transaction of the year.how i wish 2010 na.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Abalos again!!!???