Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    I AM surprised.

I'm surprised that we're only number 4!
    :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    According to this news...pang apat ang mga pinoy sa numbers of illegal migrants sa US. Nangunguna pa tayo sa lahat ng countries sa Asia.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/new...-in-US-from-RP
    Don't be suprised * goldencoil...nakakalungkot lang talaga.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I AM surprised.

We are actually number1, outside of the Americas. The first 3 can be expected because of their geographical proximity to the US. (We are halfway around the globe).....

7505:bravo:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I AM surprised.

Well, regardless how Pinoys rank, the numbers pale in comparison to Mexicans. Even number 2 is way way behind the Mexicans.

Of course, I'm sure it'd be different if the Philippines bordered the US too.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Somewhat, I dont agree with this. Most Pinoy that live illegaly here in the U.S are either tourist or those with multi-visa issued by U.S embassy in Manila that they never go back when their port of entry visa expired. So, this is counted which is I agree with the 300,000 numbers but that doesnt mean pinoy rank 4th.

You havent seen how many HISPANIC and other eithnic crossing the borders everyday from San Diego all the way to Texas. This border are 3 times larger than our shoreline in the Phils. and thousand are crossing illegaly everyday. Chinese people came here by container (cargo ship) and all of those alike are un-accounted. If you count all those, Pinoy will be in the very bottom of the chart.
    hehe, this is true, now that i think about it. every pinoy TNT is accounted for by the State Department...they can simply record every tourist visa that expired without a record of the person leaving the country.

now take a Mexican or Canadian that sneaks across the border in the dead of the night. there is no record of him ever coming into the country unless he commits a stupid crime that gets him on the COPS tv show or something :bwahaha:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha

sa lagay na yan we are half a world away

what if wire fence lang ang separation between US and Philippines?

walang na tao matitira sa Pinas

haha

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    hehe, this is true, now that i think about it. every pinoy TNT is accounted for by the State Department...they can simply record every tourist visa that expired without a record of the person leaving the country.

now take a Mexican or Canadian that sneaks across the border in the dead of the night. there is no record of him ever coming into the country unless he commits a stupid crime that gets him on the COPS tv show or something :bwahaha:

I remember driving in San Diego (going back to San Francisco) a few years ago. There was heavier than usual traffic as it was stop and go. I noticed an old dilapidated car parked at the side of the road with its hood open. I surmised that the car overheated because of the traffic. Since I was on the rightmost lane, I became a witness to a chase below the road (the highway was elevated) where an illegal immigrant was running away from the area while a team of border patrol riding in an all-terrain vehicle (I supposed) was chasing him....Whew! A distance away from there, the cause of the traffic was a temporary checkpoint where an officer stood in the middle and decided whether to let the car pass through or to stop it..... I wasn't flagged down,- although I was ready with my passport....

(And, one of the roadsigns there tells the drivers to be wary of people crossing the road... Possibly, illegal immigrants running away(?)).....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I remember driving in San Diego (going back to San Francisco) a few years ago. There was heavier than usual traffic as it was stop and go. I noticed an old dilapidated car parked at the side of the road with its hood open. I surmised that the car overheated because of the traffic. Since I was on the rightmost lane, I became a witness to a chase below the road (the highway was elevated) where an illegal immigrant was running away from the area while a team of border patrol riding in an all-terrain vehicle (I supposed) was chasing him....Whew! A distance away from there, the cause of the traffic was a temporary checkpoint where an officer stood in the middle and decided whether to let the car pass through or to stop it..... I wasn't flagged down,- although I was ready with my passport....

(And, one of the roadsigns there tells the drivers to be wary of people crossing the road... Possibly, illegal immigrants running away(?)).....

being from So Cal originally, i know exactly what you're talking about :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post

being from So Cal originally, i know exactly what you're talking about :bwahaha:

That is exactly the traffic sign bro.!

Does that mean illegal immigrants running away (and crossing the road)? I have not seen this signage anywhere, in CA, other than in that stretch of road in San Diego.......

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^yep...apparently, years ago, border crossers would try to cross the freeway on their way to the nearest US town and got killed for their troubles. so they put up the signs....they are still there today

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
4th most illegal migrants in US from RP